SciteConfig, Wrapper implementation problems

Hello!

I want to start using UDFs not originaly included in autoit. I found this wiki page to help me (I couldn't add the link, when i tried I have been redirected to GH&S page link: https://www.autoitscript.com/wiki/Adding_UDFs_to_AutoIt_and_SciTE )

I'm a complet layman here, and I want to add SciteConfig and Wrapper to my tools. I don't have the rights to even make a folder in C where my Autoit is. I will need to tell the Service Desk guy the steps he needs to do so I would be able to use said UDFs. Can someone please explain a step by step guide how to implement it?

All that I understand from the Wiki that it is suggested that I should put them in to a different folder, so to not to lose them when i upgrade. Other then that how do I "Then tell AutoIt about this folder." ?  What is CallTips and AutoComplete? (I guess they are the Scite's text editors "helpers" if thats make any sense in english)

So what should I tell the Service Desk guy where should I put these applications (and the associated Script file to Config and text file to Wrapper?) and how can I "integrate" them to my SciTe?

Thank you Wise Masters of AutoIt!!

• Moderators

SorryButImaNewbie

SciTEConfig & Autoit3Wrapper are automatically installed when you install the full SciTE4AutoIt3 package - there is no need to install them separately as they are fully integrated within the modified editor itself and you access them via the SciTE <Tools> menu. The tutorial to which you linked shows how to install the UDFs written by other members (such as the ones in my sig) so that they are as easily usable as the standard ones included with AutoIt - these UDFs are not integrated within SciTE in the same manner and so need to be to be added in a separate folder as the Wiki explains.

All clear?

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Thank you, but not exactly

My <Tools> menu only consists of : Compile, Build, Go, SyntaxCheck Prod, Next/Previous Message, Clear out Put, Switch Pane. Shouldn't there be more? (I already confirmed I think that I have the full version thanks to master Jos)

Also I still don't get where should I put the extra folder for an UDF and how to "tell autoit about it"

• Moderators

SorryButImaNewbie

You need to have an .au3 file open in SciTE for the additional menu items to become visible.

As to the personal UDF folder, place it anywhere on your system - it does not have to be within the AutoIt folder structure, and it is in fact recommended that it is not. Once you have created the folder, use SciTEConfig to tell AutoIt that it exists - although if the system is really locked down you may have to get your Service Desk man to modify the registry as explained in the tutorial.  Then the UDFs that you download into that folder are as accessible as the standard set.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

• Moderators

SorryButImaNewbie,

​.au3 is the "Autoit v3 Script" file right?

Yes. If you have 3 of them open and you still get no additional items in the <Tools> menu then I question whether you have the full SciTE4 AutoIt3 package installed. Use the <Options - Open au3.properties> option and post the first few lines of the file - I get:

# SciTE settings for AutoIt v3
#
# July 2014 - Jos

M23

Spoiler

I... I dont have that Option :) (sorry :( )

I tried to make a pic about my Options, but I can't upload .PNG

I have the following choices (only listing the Open something options): Open Local Options file, Open Directory Options File (greyed out), Open User Options File, Open Global Options File, Open Abbrevations File, Open au3abbrev.properties and Open au3UserAbbrev.properties

The nearest to what you told me is  Open au3abbrev.properties it reads as this

# ' Global abbreviations file for SciTE (abbrev.properties) generated: 15.05.2008 '
# ' Contains a list of entries of the form abbreviation=expansion '
# ' Type the abbreviation and press Spacebar to insert the expansion '
# ' "|" marks the position the caret will be after expansion. '
# ' "\n" marks a carriage return. "\t" marks a Tab. '

Sorry, I know this is a mess, can't wait to leave it behind and start it from scratch at home (with my multiple jobs I dont have the strength to start my toolbox at my own PC yet, but can't wait for it)

• Moderators

SorryButImaNewbie,

I am becoming convinced that you do not have the full package installed despite you saying that is the case. I will point Jos here so he can take over.

M23

Spoiler

• Developers

For starters: Open an AU3 simple script and hit F5(Run) and cut&Paste all console output into your reply here so I can see what is going on. :)

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

This tell me you do not have a proper installed SciTE4AutoIt3 full installer as it runs AutoIt3.exe in stead of AutoIt3wrapper.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)