KODA FormDesigner ver 1.3

lookfar

I'm pleased to announce version 1.3 of KODA the GUI FormDesigner for AutoIt and the AutoIt community.

This is FormDesigner with a major re-write of the code with many many features that are specific to AutoIt.

such as custom components that were developed to make use of Styles and Extended Styles.

Forms are saved in XML format as well as the IDE settings ( no registry)

credit for a good portion of this work goes to LazyCat (who by the way is not very Lazy) B)

graphics for new Koda logo by JosBe.

let us know how it works for you, I'm sure myself or LazyCat will respond shortly.

Have Fun!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

very nice

just 2 little bug bears for me

1. can you make the Object, Form & FormList dockable to the main window, if i move the main window then i have to move the other windows by hand

2. FormDesigner stay's on top of all other windows eg: open IE and Formdesigner stay's on top of it

my OS is Win XP just incase you wanted to know

Well Formdesigner is starting to look real nice - nice job

Is it posible to exclude the handle part as an general preferences option to a generate as most of the my use would not be to to generate an entire script but only the intuition part - or to update an already existing intuition...

One thing more - it would be nice if there was an option to toggle FD between 'always on top and not'...

a topics...

When one has generated a script to the clipboard this 'code' intuition should auto exit...

It would be nice to have an short notice on options 'not jet available' like attached to the popup text...

an option to auto generate an 'xml' script at every code generate...

When one starts up FD it always open a default 'form1' - why not the last saved or no forms as an option...

Save menu always open a requester, could this not just resave the available and leave this 'request' to the option 'save as'...

I think that the auto generated form index has a problem as I save a default form1 - then FD selected Form3 as the next project - why not leave this to the user or as an preferences option to kill auto indexing...

I removed an project ( form window ) but the data still remains - should this not be removed as well...

FD main intuition has a fixed location and size, could this not be turned into last location...

Anyway it's a huge job to write a gui designer and FD is very nice as a beta project...

My opdate manager 'Au3Update 1.5.2' has an option to support FormDesigner updates/install from the INet location...

kjactive B)

Edited by kjactive

Many thanks for your Job. Koda will be the soft that AutoIt's users need to help them create

nice GUI.

I do have a little Bug (or maybe something that I didn't understand) when I use the TreeList component and

use Koda to insert values.

As you ca see on the 5'th line, the $ATreeView1 is not recognize and I need to delete the "A"

from this word to launch the GUI.

HTH and many thanks,

Francis

#include <GUIConstants.au3>

;Generated with Form Designer preview

$Form1 = GUICreate("AForm1", 632, 448, 192, 113)

$TreeView1 = GUICtrlCreateTreeView(16, 8, 209, 265)

$TreeView1_0 = GUICtrlCreateTreeViewItem("Me", $ATreeView1)

$TreeView1_1 = GUICtrlCreateTreeViewItem("MySelf", $TreeView1_0)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1

$msg = GuiGetMsg()

Select

Case $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE

ExitLoop

Case Else

;;;;;;;

EndSelect

WEnd

Exit

this is your XML :

<object type="TAForm" name="AForm1">

<properties>

<property name="Left" vt="Int16">192</property>

<property name="Top" vt="Int8">113</property>

<property name="Width" vt="Int16">640</property>

<property name="Height" vt="Int16">475</property>

<property name="Caption" vt="String">AForm1</property>

<property name="Color" vt="Ident">clBtnFace</property>

<property name="Font.Charset" vt="Ident">DEFAULT_CHARSET</property>

<property name="Font.Color" vt="Ident">clWindowText</property>

<property name="Font.Height" vt="Int8">-11</property>

<property name="Font.Name" vt="String">MS Sans Serif</property>

<property name="Font.Style" vt="Set"></property>

<property name="OldCreateOrder" vt="False">False</property>

<property name="Visible" vt="True">True</property>

<property name="Style" vt="Int32">-1798701056</property>

<property name="ExStyle" vt="Int16">256</property>

<property name="PixelsPerInch" vt="Int8">96</property>

<property name="TextHeight" vt="Int8">13</property>

</properties>

<components>

<object type="TATreeView" name="ATreeView1">

<properties>

<property name="Left" vt="Int8">16</property>

<property name="Top" vt="Int8">8</property>

<property name="Width" vt="Int16">209</property>

<property name="Height" vt="Int16">265</property>

<property name="Constraints.MaxWidth" vt="Int32">1342373943</property>

<property name="Indent" vt="Int8">19</property>

<property name="TabOrder" vt="Int8">0</property>

<property name="Items.Data" vt="Binary">

<bin>010000001B0000000000000000000000FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF0000000001000000</bin>

<bin>024D651F000000FFFFFFFF00000000FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF000000000000000006</bin>

<bin>4D7953656C66</bin><bin/>

</property>

</properties>

<components>

</components>

</object>

</components>

</object>

I'm pleased to announce version 1.3 of KODA the GUI FormDesigner for AutoIt and the AutoIt community.

This is FormDesigner with a major re-write of the code with many many features that are specific to AutoIt.

such as custom components that were developed to make use of Styles and Extended Styles.

Forms are saved in XML format as well as the IDE settings ( no registry)

credit for a good portion of this work goes to LazyCat (who by the way is not very Lazy) :)

graphics for new Koda logo by JosBe.

let us know how it works for you, I'm sure myself or LazyCat will respond shortly.

Have Fun!

B):o:graduated:

Thanks lookfar and LazyCat. I've used Formdesigner, and it's great, but I'd like to check out the new version (Koda). Where can I get a copy?

Thanks,

Ian

In his signature: http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/lookfar/formdesign.html B)

@Lookfar, Lazycat: Great job. Congratulations. :o

At once, thanks all for testing!

For those who ask about where to get new version: this is in the http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/lookfar/index.html. Don't be fooled by old name - this is new version, look for fd.exe date.

Now is time for some answers.

Is it posible to exclude the handle part as an general preferences option to a generate as most of the my use would not be to to generate an entire script but only the intuition part - or to update an already existing intuition...

When one has generated a script to the clipboard this 'code' intuition should auto exit...

It would be nice to have an short notice on options 'not jet available' like attached to the popup text...

an option to auto generate an 'xml' script at every code generate...

FD main intuition has a fixed location and size, could this not be turned into last location...

Sorry, but I fail to understand those sentences... What the "intuition" you mean?

One thing more - it would be nice if there was an option to toggle FD between 'always on top and not'...

a topics...

This problem is solved in the current code, so it's will be in the next release.

When one starts up FD it always open a default 'form1' - why not the last saved or no forms as an option...

This is just beta... I think this option can be done.

Save menu always open a requester, could this not just resave the available and leave this 'request' to the option 'save as'...

Yes, I think this need to be changed.

I think that the auto generated form index has a problem as I save a default form1 - then FD selected Form3 as the next project - why not leave this to the user or as an preferences option to kill auto indexing...

This part is in work, I think this behaviour is will be changed.

I removed an project ( form window ) but the data still remains - should this not be removed as well...

What data is remains?

As you ca see on the 5'th line, the $ATreeView1 is not recognize and I need to delete the "A"

from this word to launch the GUI.

Thanks, fixed.

how do I create a Child window? doesn't seem to allow this in the designer.........

No, child windows not allowed. For what reason you need to create them? I think it's complicated to implement them, but probabaly possible to do some workaround if they are need for some good reason.

Hi KODA coders, great tool, Getting better every time I look at it.

Little problem though:

Posted Image

In the above screenshot, the Input control has a clBtnFace colour assigned to it, but when the code is generated, the code to assign this colour is missing:

#include <GUIConstants.au3>
;Generated with Form Designer preview
$Form2 = GUICreate("AForm1", 634, 450, 187, 112)
$Input1 = GUICtrlCreateInput("AInput1", 8, 8, 121, 21, $ES_READONLY)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
While 1
    $msg = GuiGetMsg()
    Select
    Case $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
        ExitLoop
    Case Else
    ;;;;;;;
    EndSelect
WEnd
Exit

Is this a bug? Should the code to change the colour not be created?

Thanks in advance.

----[ SandyD ]---

In the above screenshot, the Input control has a clBtnFace colour assigned to it, but when the code is generated, the code to assign this colour is missing:

Is this a bug? Should the code to change the colour not be created?

No, this is not a bug, because clBtnFace (standard windows button face color) assumed as default. If you change it to any other color, this will be generated.

Edit: oops, this is can be considered as bug, because input control have different default color. Thanks, this will be fixed.

Edited by Lazycat

Formdesigner is in its beta stage but a real nice joc...

LazyCat

Sorry, but I fail to understand those sentences... What the "intuition" you mean?

I think that most of the time one uses FD is to update existing code and therefore I do not want to exchange the existing message handle part but only the intuition part, as it is now the whole code ( script ) get generated and saved to the clipboard and ofcource I can just use copy/paste from the clipboard window but what about an option to: when I work on a project it would be nice just to be able to open FD anytime rewire the intuition part and resave the intuition part and write on - this could be done if FD would remember last saved project and FD could copy to clipboard or save the intuition part as an external include script I just could include in my script, then my main script would also be a lot smaller and I would be able to rewire the intuition part durring writting the project...

I removed the form window but the settings and controls data was not wiped - should these settings not get set back to default if I remove the form window...

Kjacti B)

I understand better one of Livewire question about GUIBuilder.

What a great job you are doing. Congratulations at the Koda Team.

I think the maintainability of a script generated by the formdesigner is key not just the first generation.

I don't know if it is on the scope of your project but for instance double click on a control should point to the corresponding code handling so the user can update it if needed. At least the modification of a control must update the script.

Coming back to the tool as it is today. Would be possible to memorize the size/position of the last open.

if you reopen a project the one you use last time B)

Formdesigner is in its beta stage but a real nice joc...

LazyCat

I think that most of the time one uses FD is to update existing code and therefore I do not want to exchange the existing message handle part but only the intuition part, as it is now the whole code ( script ) get generated and saved to the clipboard and ofcource I can just use copy/paste from the clipboard window but what about an option to: when I work on a project it would be nice just to be able to open FD anytime rewire the intuition part and resave the intuition part and write on - this could be done if FD would remember last saved project and FD could copy to clipboard or save the intuition part as an external include script I just could include in my script, then my main script would also be a lot smaller and I would be able to rewire the intuition part durring writting the project...

I removed the form window but the settings and controls data was not wiped - should these settings not get set back to default if I remove the form window...

Kjacti B)

goto Options and modify the header and footer to your specific requirements

I just found about this and this has blown me away! Amazing!

There is a problem though. The main window is too small and does not let you see all the icons (checkithe attached image). I cannot resize the window (it always stays with the same size).

Other than that, with the default config I had a problem because it was opening the files when I tried to run them instead of running them. This is because I have au3 files associated to an editor. Perhaps FormDesigner could check (on the very first time it is run) if the au3 files are not associated to autoit3.exe and give a warning?

Also I miss an "edit" button that would allow me to look at the code (the generate code just shows it in plain text, I'd like to see it in my editor). The funny thing is that if I use the associated program to "run" the form I get just that (the code in my editor of choice).

Finally, is there a way to set a function that will be called on SetEvent to a GUI element?

Fantastic work overall!!!!!!!!!! B)

Cheers,

Angel

I just found about this and this has blown me away! Amazing!

There is a problem though. The main window is too small and does not let you see all the icons (checkithe attached image). I cannot resize the window (it always stays with the same size).

Other than that, with the default config I had a problem because it was opening the files when I tried to run them instead of running them. This is because I have au3 files associated to an editor. Perhaps FormDesigner could check (on the very first time it is run) if the au3 files are not associated to autoit3.exe and give a warning?

Also I miss an "edit" button that would allow me to look at the code (the generate code just shows it in plain text, I'd like to see it in my editor). The funny thing is that if I use the associated program to "run" the form I get just that (the code in my editor of choice).

Finally, is there a way to set a function that will be called on SetEvent to a GUI element?

Fantastic work overall!!!!!!!!!! B)

Cheers,

Angel

are you using stardock or some other theme manager?

for the "Run" problem goto options and set manual path. I don't want to check where you have installed AutoIt because it means having to read the registry and Koda is a portable tool that is meant to be stand alone, independent of OS.

Actually "Edit" is not a bad idea, could open in your editor of choice as an option instead of the codewindow.

I'll look into that.

The functionality of generated code is to simply hit the "Copy to Clipboard button" then with your editor open, paste...

Event handling is something that is being worked on for future version.

for the "Run" problem goto options and set manual path. I don't want to check where you have installed AutoIt because it means having to read the registry and Koda is a portable tool that is meant to be stand alone, independent of OS.

Actually "Edit" is not a bad idea, could open in your editor of choice as an option instead of the codewindow.

I'll look into that.

The functionality of generated code is to simply hit the "Copy to Clipboard button" then with your editor open, paste...

Event handling sounds very helpful for Koda's features. B)

No, I am just using an XP theme, which only chanes colors, icons and so on. I really do not think that this is the problem. I disabled the theme (went back to Windows Classic) and I still have the same problem (see the attached picture)

Do you mean that it will work with other languages other than AutoIt as well? Because AutoIt is a windows only app, right? Also, instead of looking if AutoIt is installed, can't you intead check if the 'AU3' files are assigned to AutoIt3.exe? When you install autoit it creates several "actions" associated to the AU3 files. One is Run Script, another Edit Script another Compile Script and so on. Perhaps there is a way to do call those particular accions on the au3 file without reading the registry... Then you could also add a "Compile button" and so on.

I'll look into that.

Yeah, that is why it'd be so much more handy to be able to open the assigned editor instead. Same thing for a compiler button.

I hope that you use EventHandlers instead of GUI loops for this, as they seem to be much more elegant (IMHO). Also, that way, you could have 2 separate files, one with the GUI code that you generate automatically, and another with the actual implementation of the event handlers, which the user could modify on its own. That would ensure that you could modify the GUI with Koda even after you have implemented some of the events. Of course there would be no need for 2 files if you simply reserve (with some special commments) a part of the file for the user to fill in. We discussed this with livewire in some other thread related to GuiBuilder. As I believe that he is now helping you guys I hope that he might be able to better explain what I mean.

A last suggestion would be that it could be interesting to automatically add in the beginning of the file, as a comment, the autoit3 version for which the file was made (3.1.0, or 3.1.1 and so on). That'd be handy whenever something changes in the AutoIt3 specification.

Ok, I hope you fix the little problem with the window size soon. But you made my day! B)

Angel