Welcome to AutoIt 1-2-3

Valuater

• 2 weeks later...

guys need help. im starting AutoIt. My OS is windows vista. everytime i run the program a "User Account Control" will pop up. i can't used the autoit into the coordinates. anyone knows how to make a program that press the "Allow" button?

thanks..

guys need help. im starting AutoIt. My OS is windows vista. everytime i run the program a "User Account Control" will pop up. i can't used the autoit into the coordinates. anyone knows how to make a program that press the "Allow" button?

thanks..

• 2 weeks later...

thanks..

Just a vista related tip. = get rid of user account control. - I took my 23 gig install down to 8 and have not had another prob for over a year. (of course this included dumping the worthless system restore and other stuff also)

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vis...-windows-vista/

I downloaded AutoIt-123-Demo26.exe today on a Vista PC and run through the first few steps. Great program and it's a great place to start.

I have noticed 2 things that can be improved or clarified to make it even better for newbie.

1. When I click on "Show me SciTE - Editor" I got an Error box telling me Line 30 of Lesson-1.au3 Error: "For" statement has no matching "Next" statement.

I noticed that other people had run into similar situation before.

I believe what caused this was I associated au3 file extension to running it (with AutoIt3.exe) instead of editing it.

(AutoIt3.exe is the default association and without knowing better as a newbie, I accepted that default) (The association dialog box came up right after I click on "Show me Sci-TE - Editor)

2. On the page "Basic Exam / Step Number One - User Info" I can not go to Next step.

I already register on the Forum so I have a login name. I am not sure what is AutoIt Member Number or how to fill out the first two fields or if I need to register again? When I click on "Register", I do not see any thing changed or error message displayed. Also the submit exam is grayed out and Next is also grayed out. How do I move to the next step?

Thanks for your help.

Valuater,

I want to thank you for the most excellent program for helping people getting started with AutoIt.

I finally passed all the tests and finish the class today.

A few suggestions to make it even better.

1. Put Demo and all consistent supporting files (e.g. IE Builder/IE-Library ...) in a separate directory to avoid out-of-sync include file situation. Delete this learning directory at the end of the class. For people getting started, we don't need the latest and greatest, just a consistent set to avoid surprises. It may be easy for people in the know, but for a newbie, when something is not working as expected, it is hard to know where to look.

With a self-contained directory, it will also reduce the support needed from you.

2. In the IE Builder section of the class, you may consider mentioning DebugBar which I picked up from Dale Hohm's signature. I found it very useful in id objects.

3. In the tests, maybe indicating which questions were not answered correctly?

4. The most important change you have to make is this - "The Donate link landed me at a 404 page!!" If you change nothing else, this has to be fixed! ^_^ I did find the correct page but please make it easier. Thank you.

• 1 month later...

I've used AutoIt a while ago and everything was working fine. Now I've reinstalled it and it seems completely off. When I press the show me Scite Button I get an error message (Line 18 in Lesson-1.au3 something about if and or then next while and missing separator after keyword). When I press next it goes straight into the exam. Either I've become more stupid in the last year or so or something's off.

Lesson3 has an variable used without being declared error. Should I reinstall Autoit or something? I've installed the full version of the homepage then followed the Autoit123 link for the beta. I feel stupid...

edit: reinstalled everything presumably in the right order this time and everything seems to work now... Just ignore me.

Edited by hypertyper

• 2 weeks later...

Break Time level 2 :

Page not found

The page you are looking for might have been removed,

had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

- Click the Back button in your browser to try another link.

- Use a search engine like Google to look for information on the Internet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HTTP 404 - File not found

[center][font=courier new,courier,monospace]Die die die my darling[/font][/center][center][font=courier new,courier,monospace]Don't utter a single word[/font][/center][center][font=courier new,courier,monospace]Die die die my darling[/font][/center][center][font=courier new,courier,monospace]Just shut your pretty mouth[/font][/center][center][font=courier new,courier,monospace]I'll be seeing you again[/font][/center][center][font=courier new,courier,monospace]I'll be seeing you[/font][/center][center][font=courier new,courier,monospace]In hell[/font][/center]

Hallo everybody ... i'm looking for help in creating a script..i'm kind of new in this

buisness so feel free to give your best tips guys . ....

i wanna create a script for when i'll insert my disk on key to a certian computer it will automaticlly copy

files from the same path...

thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All:

AutoIt 1-2-3 question:

How do I tell 'Show Me - Search Help' in the 2nd screen where the help file is? When I click OK in the search popup, it tells me to install AutoIt. AutoIt is installed, but not in the default spot.

When I ran 'Show Me Help Demos', it asked me to locate the install folder. I did and the demos run fine, but the Search Help still asks me to install AutoIt.

???

Valuater, thanks very much for Autoit-123, I've just recently discovered AutoIT and can instantly see the potential in it.

So far I've just worked out on my own and will a little AutoIT help file searching, one very simple script.

It deleted a corrupt config file that messed up a firewall using hidden admin permissions a normal limited user account could run and prompt a reboot, this then allowed communication from the laptop to the network/internet, get a new update/config and re-enable the firewall.

Thankfully, otherwise I'd have had real trouble sorting out laptop users remotely, or them all coming here or having to give out admin rights/passwords.

I'm working on some scripts to correct reg settings, so users can just run it to fix any settings that are wrong (usually firewall etc. related), or ones I can download and run when connected to a remote user to avoid logging off and back on as admin (laptop/workstations are quite locked down for users, no run command etc.).

I was blown away by the GUI posibilities and didn't realise the SCI editor was a VERY Lite version in AutoIT, the extra menu items in the SCI editor are so numerous, it will take ages to learn them all.

I'm keen to though, I'd like to see if I can use AutoIT to make a PC Auditing script (or see if someone has made one, or bits of one), to get the basic information, perhaps more detail on RAM, HDD, OS and information on what's currently running, what's in the start up (to check for malware) and record it all in a file and FTP or email back to me, making it very simple for the user.

I'm sure there's so many other things AutoIT could help with I haven't thought of yet, but will.

Thanks Valuater, oh and as mentioned below, some of the web pages didn't load correctly and some of the scripts where missing include files, I added and then Ran the project and could see the example.

Hello All,

Newb here wanting to improve my script except I can't get the demos to run. I click on the Run Demo button and get 'Beta Error. Beta could not be found.'

Tried searching on the forum for the error but couldn't find anything, anybody else getting this?

Thanks

Tony.

• 3 weeks later...

I think the error is about the beta not being found...

Solution:

Install Beta

[font="Impact"]Use the helpfile, It´s one of the best exlusive features of Autoit.[/font]http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q555375ALIBI Run - a replacement for the windows run promptPC Controller - an application for controlling other PCs[size="1"]Science flies us to the moon. Religion flies us into buildings.[/size][size="1"]http://bit.ly/cAMPZV[/size]