This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more here. X
X

Photo

Add time stamp to a filename

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MaCgyver

MaCgyver

Adventurer

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 10:02 PM

Can autoit allow me to backup files from one directory to another directory? I want to have the date added to the filename when it is copied over. I am new to batch files and scripts but I've been learning. From what I hear autoit can do this for me. Has anyone done this yet? This program seems to be real neat and I will be going over the lessons and tutorials over the weekend. If it cannot do what I am asking for please let me know. I will still learn it because it seems to be a valuable tool.

#2 Jos

Jos

Je maintiendrai

• Developers
  • 23,303 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 10:07 PM

Can autoit allow me to backup files from one directory to another directory? I want to have the date added to the filename when it is copied over. I am new to batch files and scripts but I've been learning. From what I hear autoit can do this for me. Has anyone done this yet? This program seems to be real neat and I will be going over the lessons and tutorials over the weekend. If it cannot do what I am asking for please let me know. I will still learn it because it seems to be a valuable tool.

It can.. also assume that you are looking at version 3 not 2 ... (you posted in the v2 forum )

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions                                                                 Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

#3 MaCgyver

MaCgyver

Adventurer

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 01:24 AM

It can.. also assume that you are looking at version 3 not 2 ... (you posted in the v2 forum )

whoops

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users