How To Install Autoit Silently

mdes

I do not think the installer currently supports this option.

This seems rather ironic: AutoIt is often used to automate installers that lack a silent/no-user-interaction option--and the AutoIt installer has this very deficiency!

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

• Administrators

I do not think the installer currently supports this option.

This seems rather ironic:  AutoIt is often used to automate installers that lack a silent/no-user-interaction option--and the AutoIt installer has this very deficiency!

:D I've been waiting for this to be found out...

How to install AutoIt silently ?  "/S" does not work :D

If I'm mistaken, please forgve me but every single time I've seen this request on the Yahoo forum, it was because the requestor thought AutoIt had to be installed on each machine that compiled scripts are run on. You know that is NOT the case, right?

Jeff

If I'm mistaken, please forgve me but every single time I've seen this request on the Yahoo forum, it was because the requestor thought AutoIt had to be installed on each machine that compiled scripts are run on.  You know that is NOT the case, right?

Jeff

I understand you can install the full package but why not to deliver your script in compile format. Is An extra 100K by script to much?

Remember you always can execute a script by "AutoIT3.exe scriptnamefile"

You guys are all on crack...

autoit-v3-setup.exe supports silent installation, but it requires a capitol "S" not lower case. I use the following code to download autoit and install it silently all the time.

BTW the case sensativity is something specific to NSIS.

http://unattended.msfn.org/xp/applications/nsis.htm

Func AutoIT3()
    If urldownloadtofile("http://www.hiddensoft.com/cgi-bin/getfile.pl?autoit3/autoit-v3-setup.exe", @Tempdir & "\AutoIt.exe") then
        runwait(@Tempdir & "\AutoIt.exe /S")
        FileDelete(@Tempdir & "\AutoIt.exe")
    EndIF
EndFunc
Edited by bcording

• 3 weeks later...

I found the solution: (CMD.EXE is required for some obscured raisons)

REG ADD %KEY%\100 /VE  /D "AutoIt 3" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\100 /V 1 /D "CMD.EXE /C%SystemDrive%\Install\AutoIt3\autoit-v3-setup.bld101.exe /S" /f

The following DOES NOT work:

REG ADD %KEY%\100 /VE  /D "AutoIt 3" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\100 /V 1 /D "%SystemDrive%\Install\AutoIt3\autoit-v3-setup.bld101.exe /S" /f

Note:

The previous commands are for an unattended installation, and are to be placed in a .CMD file called from $OEM$\cmdlines.txt

SET KEY=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

Thanks to all of you for your remarks :D

Edited by mdes

Gestion des congés, RTT, vacances scolaires, autres absences sur Pocket PC : CongésRFV

I install AutoIt silently with An Autoit Script

All I use is

RunWait("autoit-v3-setup.exe /S")

Place Scipt in same Dir as autoit-v3-setup.exe

Works like a charm

I use AutoIt for all my silent installs and the all works like a charm.

• 7 years later...

Do you realize this thread is nearly 8 years old?

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator