Gui Will Not Launch

I finally finshed my first script and it works great on my machine and three others but on 15 other machines the GUI will not launch. All machines are up to date and running Xp service pack two with all patches.

I don't call for any system files in the script so I am wondering if there are system files that autoit uses that these 15 machines might be missing.

Anyone with an idea?

Thanks

• Moderators

I finally finshed my first script and it works great on my machine and three others but on 15 other machines the GUI will not launch. All machines are up to date and running Xp service pack two with all patches.

I don't call for any system files in the script so I am wondering if there are system files that autoit uses that these 15 machines might be missing.

Anyone with an idea?

Thanks

Want us to mind read? Where's the script so we don't chase our tales... My first 2 guesses would be 1. GUISetState() and or No Loop.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

I made comments with some things I noticed... couldn't follow the code to well...

#endregion --- Code End ---
;~ ####################################################################################################

##########################
#region --- Code Start ---
;~ verify mvs is open and word are open and will open if not

WinWait("MVS - RUMBA Mainframe Display"); I DON'T SEE WHERE YOU EVER CALL THIS WINDOW, IT COULD BE HANING UP HERE FOREVER
If Not WinActive("MVS - RUMBA Mainframe Display") Then WinActivate("MVS - RUMBA Mainframe Display")
WinWaitActive("MVS - RUMBA Mainframe Display")

;~ ####################################################################################################

;~ String strip data from mvs

FileWriteLine('file3.ini', ($Read_12))
Sleep(25)
GUIDelete();<<<<<<<<<<<
; I THINK I WOULD MAKE MY GUI LIKE $MAINGUI = GUICREATE()
; AND INSTEAD OF GUIDELETE() USE GUISETSTATE(@SW_HIDE, $MAINGUI)

$balance = Number($Dollar + 20.00)
$FormattedTotal = StringFormat("%.2f", $balance)
GUISetState();<<<<<<< setting the state of a GUI that's already deleted
; IF THIS WAS INTENDED AND YOU FOLLOW MY EXAMPLE ABOVE THEN YOU COULD
; USE GUISETSTATE(@SW_SHOW, $MAINGUI)

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

I made comments with some things I noticed... couldn't follow the code to well...

;~ verify mvs is open and word are open and will open if not

WinWait("MVS - RUMBA Mainframe Display"); I DON'T SEE WHERE YOU EVER CALL THIS WINDOW, IT COULD BE HANING UP HERE FOREVER
If Not WinActive("MVS - RUMBA Mainframe Display") Then WinActivate("MVS - RUMBA Mainframe Display")
WinWaitActive("MVS - RUMBA Mainframe Display")

;~ String strip data from mvs

FileWriteLine('file3.ini', ($Read_12))
Sleep(25)
GUIDelete();<<<<<<<<<<<
; I THINK I WOULD MAKE MY GUI LIKE $MAINGUI = GUICREATE()
; AND INSTEAD OF GUIDELETE() USE GUISETSTATE(@SW_HIDE, $MAINGUI)

$balance = Number($Dollar + 20.00)
$FormattedTotal = StringFormat("%.2f", $balance)
GUISetState();<<<<<<< setting the state of a GUI that's already deleted
; IF THIS WAS INTENDED AND YOU FOLLOW MY EXAMPLE ABOVE THEN YOU COULD
; USE GUISETSTATE(@SW_SHOW, $MAINGUI)
Thanks SmOke_N for taking the time to look. I will do as you suggested. To bad there is not a autoit 3 for dummies book out there for those of us learning the langauge.

Its all Latin to me.

Again thanks.

Edited by RickOShay

Take a look at this for a 1-2-3 on autoit: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=21048

“Give a man a script; you have helped him for today. Teach a man to script; and you will not have to hear him whine for help.”AutoIt4UE - Custom AutoIt toolbar and wordfile for UltraEdit/UEStudio users.AutoIt Graphical Debugger - A graphical debugger for AutoIt.SimMetrics COM Wrapper - Calculate string similarity.