Smtp Mailer That Supports Html And Attachments.

Jos

• 2 months later...

Not working for me have tried just about everything.

My Error: 

Error code:2 Description:The transport failed to connect to the server

My Code:

;
;##################################
; Include
#Include<file.au3>
; Variables
$SmtpServer = "smtp.gmail.com"              ; address for the smtp-server to use - REQUIRED
$FromName = "Name"                      ; name from who the email was sent
$FromAddress = "my gmail@domain.com" ; address from where the mail should come
$ToAddress = "Test@TestAccount.com"   ; destination address of the email - REQUIRED
$Subject = "test"                   ; subject from the email - can be anything you want it to be
$Body = "test"                              ; the messagebody from the mail - can be left blank but then you get a blank mail
$AttachFiles = ""                       ; the file(s) you want to attach seperated with a ; (Semicolon) - leave blank if not needed
$CcAddress = ""       ; address for cc - leave blank if not needed
$BccAddress = ""     ; address for bcc - leave blank if not needed
$Importance = "Normal"                  ; Send message priority: "High", "Normal", "Low"
$Username = "my gmail name@domain.com"                    ; username for the account used from where the mail gets sent - REQUIRED
$Password = "my gmail pw"                  ; password for the account used from where the mail gets sent - REQUIRED
$IPPort = 465                            ; port used for sending the mail
$ssl = 1                                ; enables/disables secure socket layer sending - put to 1 if using httpS
;~ $IPPort=465                          ; GMAIL port used for sending the mail
;~ $ssl=1                               ; GMAILenables/disables secure socket layer sending - put to 1 if using httpS

; Script
Global $oMyRet[2]
Global $oMyError = ObjEvent("AutoIt.Error", "MyErrFunc")
$rc = _INetSmtpMailCom($SmtpServer, $FromName, $FromAddress, $ToAddress, $Subject, $Body, $AttachFiles, $CcAddress, $BccAddress, $Importance, $Username, $Password, $IPPort, $ssl)
If @error Then
    MsgBox(0, "Error sending message", "Error code:" & @error & "  Description:" & $rc)
EndIf
;
; The UDF
Func _INetSmtpMailCom($s_SmtpServer, $s_FromName, $s_FromAddress, $s_ToAddress, $s_Subject = "", $as_Body = "", $s_AttachFiles = "", $s_CcAddress = "", $s_BccAddress = "", $s_Importance="Normal", $s_Username = "", $s_Password = "", $IPPort = 25, $ssl = 0)
    Local $objEmail = ObjCreate("CDO.Message")
    $objEmail.From = '"' & $s_FromName & '" <' & $s_FromAddress & '>'
    $objEmail.To = $s_ToAddress
    Local $i_Error = 0
    Local $i_Error_desciption = ""
    If $s_CcAddress <> "" Then $objEmail.Cc = $s_CcAddress
    If $s_BccAddress <> "" Then $objEmail.Bcc = $s_BccAddress
    $objEmail.Subject = $s_Subject
    If StringInStr($as_Body, "<") And StringInStr($as_Body, ">") Then
        $objEmail.HTMLBody = $as_Body
    Else
        $objEmail.Textbody = $as_Body & @CRLF
    EndIf
    If $s_AttachFiles <> "" Then
        Local $S_Files2Attach = StringSplit($s_AttachFiles, ";")
        For $x = 1 To $S_Files2Attach[0]
            $S_Files2Attach[$x] = _PathFull($S_Files2Attach[$x])
;~          ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug : $S_Files2Attach[$x] = ' & $S_Files2Attach[$x] & @LF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @LF) ;### Debug Console
            If FileExists($S_Files2Attach[$x]) Then
                ConsoleWrite('+> File attachment added: ' & $S_Files2Attach[$x] & @LF)
                $objEmail.AddAttachment($S_Files2Attach[$x])
            Else
                ConsoleWrite('!> File not found to attach: ' & $S_Files2Attach[$x] & @LF)
                SetError(1)
                Return 0
            EndIf
        Next
    EndIf
    $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusing") = 2
    $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserver") = $s_SmtpServer
    If Number($IPPort) = 0 then $IPPort = 25
    $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserverport") = $IPPort
    ;Authenticated SMTP
    If $s_Username <> "" Then
        $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpauthenticate") = 1
        $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusername") = $s_Username
        $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendpassword") = $s_Password
    EndIf
    If $ssl Then
        $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpusessl") = True
    EndIf
    ;Update settings
    $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Update
    ; Set Email Importance
    Switch $s_Importance
        Case "High"
            $objEmail.Fields.Item ("urn:schemas:mailheader:Importance") = "High"
        Case "Normal"
            $objEmail.Fields.Item ("urn:schemas:mailheader:Importance") = "Normal"
        Case "Low"
            $objEmail.Fields.Item ("urn:schemas:mailheader:Importance") = "Low"
    EndSwitch
    $objEmail.Fields.Update
    ; Sent the Message
    $objEmail.Send
    If @error Then
        SetError(2)
        Return $oMyRet[1]
    EndIf
    $objEmail=""
EndFunc   ;==>_INetSmtpMailCom
;
;
; Com Error Handler
Func MyErrFunc()
    $HexNumber = Hex($oMyError.number, 8)
    $oMyRet[0] = $HexNumber
    $oMyRet[1] = StringStripWS($oMyError.description, 3)
    ConsoleWrite("### COM Error !  Number: " & $HexNumber & "   ScriptLine: " & $oMyError.scriptline & "   Description:" & $oMyRet[1] & @LF)
    SetError(1); something to check for when this function returns
    Return
EndFunc   ;==>MyErrFunc

I have a Google Apps domain.  So I use Gmail but with a domain instead of gmail.com its mydomain.com

Still logs in and uses the gmail site/interface

• Developers

Try changing the Username to just the part before the @:

$Username = "my gmail name"                    ; username for the account used from where the mail gets sent - REQUIRED

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Try changing the Username to just the part before the @:

$Username = "my gmail name"                    ; username for the account used from where the mail gets sent - REQUIRED

Jos

I have tried that, does not work and I do not know how it could since there would be no way to know what account I am using.

• Developers

That is what I do with a regular gmail account. Does it work when you configure it in outlook?

Maybe your SMTP server should be the same domain as your email address?

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

No still runs on the backbone of gmail.  When I configure it for my phone or other devices.

I can also find verification of that here: https://www.activecollab.com/forums/post/16180/#post16180

and here: https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-use-google-s-smtp-server

I was going to test in another location incase its firewall related, that is about the last thing I can think of if its not application/code related. 

Let you know when I get home.

Edited by ViciousXUSMC

Hi All please help me 

I am getting error as Func _INetSmtpMailCom($s_SmtpServer, $s_FromName, $s_FromAddress, $s_ToAddress, $s_Subject = "", $as_Body = "", $s_AttachFiles = "", $s_CcAddress = "", $s_BccAddress = "",

$s_Importance="Normal", $s_Username = "", $s_Password = "", $IPPort = 465, $ssl = 1)^error

ERROR: Expected a variable in user function call.

below is my script, i am not including actual gmail account details. These are for understanding. What i am missing here. Do i need to give all the details in

Func _INetSmtpMailCom($s_SmtpServer, $s_FromName, $s_FromAddress, $s_ToAddress, $s_Subject = "", $as_Body = "", $s_AttachFiles = "", $s_CcAddress = "", $s_BccAddress = "",

$s_Importance="Normal", $s_Username = "", $s_Password = "", $IPPort = 465, $ssl = 1)

#Include<file.au3>
;~ =================Global Variables =================
$SmtpServer = "smtp.gmail.com"                                            ; address for the smtp-server to use - REQUIRED
$FromName = "AutoIt"                                                     ; name from who the email was sent
$FromAddress = "mygmail@gmail.com"                            ; address from where the mail should come
$ToAddress = "another@gmail.com"                                       ; destination address of the email - REQUIRED
$Subject = "LogFiles"                                                  ; subject from the email - can be anything you want it to be
$Body = "Test Results"                                                ; the messagebody from the mail - can be left blank but then you get a blank mail
$AttachFiles = "C:ScriptLog"                                         ; the file(s) you want to attach seperated with a ; (Semicolon) - leave blank if not needed
$CcAddress = ""                                                         ; address for cc - leave blank if not needed
$BccAddress = ""                                                       ; address for bcc - leave blank if not needed
$Importance = "Normal"                                                 ; Send message priority: "High", "Normal", "Low"
$Username = "gmailaccountname"                                         ; username for the account used from where the mail gets sent - REQUIRED
$Password = "gmailpassword"                                                 ; password for the account used from where the mail gets sent - REQUIRED
$IPPort = 465 or 25                                                            ; port used for sending the mail
$ssl = 0 or 1                                                             ; enables/disables secure socket layer sending - put to 1 if
;~ ======================================================================================================================================
Global $oMyRet[2]
Global $oMyError = ObjEvent("AutoIt.Error", "MyErrFunc")
$rc = _INetSmtpMailCom($SmtpServer, $FromName, $FromAddress, $ToAddress, $Subject, $Body, $AttachFiles, $CcAddress, $BccAddress, $Importance, $Username, $Password, $IPPort, $ssl)
If @error Then
    MsgBox(0, "Error sending message", "Error code:" & @error & "  Description:" & $rc)
EndIf
;
; The UDF
Func _INetSmtpMailCom($s_SmtpServer, $s_FromName, $s_FromAddress, $s_ToAddress, $s_Subject = "", $as_Body = "", $s_AttachFiles = "", $s_CcAddress = "", $s_BccAddress = "",
   $s_Importance="Normal", $s_Username = "", $s_Password = "", $IPPort = 465, $ssl = 1)
    Local $objEmail = ObjCreate("CDO.Message")
    $objEmail.From = '"' & $s_FromName & '" <' & $s_FromAddress & '>'
    $objEmail.To = $s_ToAddress
    Local $i_Error = 0
    Local $i_Error_desciption = ""
    If $s_CcAddress <> "" Then $objEmail.Cc = $s_CcAddress
    If $s_BccAddress <> "" Then $objEmail.Bcc = $s_BccAddress
    $objEmail.Subject = $s_Subject
    If StringInStr($as_Body, "<") And StringInStr($as_Body, ">") Then
        $objEmail.HTMLBody = $as_Body
    Else
        $objEmail.Textbody = $as_Body & @CRLF
    EndIf
    If $s_AttachFiles <> "" Then
        Local $S_Files2Attach = StringSplit($s_AttachFiles, ";")
            $S_Files2Attach[$x] = _PathFull($S_Files2Attach[$x])
;~          ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug : $S_Files2Attach[$x] = ' & $S_Files2Attach[$x] & @LF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @LF) ;### Debug Console
            If FileExists($S_Files2Attach[$x]) Then
                ConsoleWrite('+> File attachment added: ' & $S_Files2Attach[$x] & @LF)
                $objEmail.AddAttachment($S_Files2Attach[$x])
            Else
                ConsoleWrite('!> File not found to attach: ' & $S_Files2Attach[$x] & @LF)
                SetError(1)
                Return 0
            EndIf
        Next
    EndIf
    $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusing") = 2
    $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserver") = $s_SmtpServer
    If Number($IPPort) = 0 then $IPPort = 25
    $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserverport") = $IPPort
    ;Authenticated SMTP
    If $s_Username <> "" Then
        $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpauthenticate") = 1
        $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusername") = $s_Username
        $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendpassword") = $s_Password
    EndIf
    If $ssl Then
        $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpusessl") = True
    EndIf
    ;Update settings
    $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Update
    ; Set Email Importance
    Switch $s_Importance
        Case "High"
            $objEmail.Fields.Item ("urn:schemas:mailheader:Importance") = "High"
        Case "Normal"
            $objEmail.Fields.Item ("urn:schemas:mailheader:Importance") = "Normal"
        Case "Low"
            $objEmail.Fields.Item ("urn:schemas:mailheader:Importance") = "Low"
    EndSwitch
    $objEmail.Fields.Update
    ; Sent the Message
    $objEmail.Send
    If @error Then
        SetError(2)
        Return $oMyRet[1]
    EndIf
    $objEmail=""
EndFunc   ;==>_INetSmtpMailCom
;
;
; Com Error Handler
Func MyErrFunc()
    $HexNumber = Hex($oMyError.number, 8)
    $oMyRet[0] = $HexNumber
    $oMyRet[1] = StringStripWS($oMyError.description, 3)
    ConsoleWrite("### COM Error !  Number: " & $HexNumber & "   ScriptLine: " & $oMyError.scriptline & "   Description:" & $oMyRet[1] & @LF)
    SetError(1); something to check for when this function returns
    Return
EndFunc   ;==>MyErrFunc

You have already a thread asking the same >question. Please stick with one thread!

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Hi guys. I have used this script for some time and it worked perfectly. Now I have updated my SciTE by installing full package from here:

https://www.autoitscript.com/site/autoit-script-editor/downloads/

Now when I try to compile my email script I got error. My console output is:

email.au3"(40,15) : error: missing separator character before keyword.
    $objEmail.To
~~~~~~~~~^
email.au3 - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

any idea what is wrong?

That's a known bug.

Try with the latest beta.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• Developers

This is an au3check bug which is fixed in the beta release,

. Just copy it from beta into the production directory.

jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Hi Jos, I think a few of the problems people have been having can be fixed by changing this line:

To:

For $x = 1 To $S_Files2Attach[0] - 1

A friend of mine found this - I had been having a heck of a time with an 'Access is denied' error that would go to console with a simple script I wrote, but kept popping up in my full script.  The script would send the email with attachments okay, in both instances, but I couldn't get your error handler to work in my full script.  Turns out the error was having one too attempts at attaching the file, the above change fixed the error altogether, and all attachments are now being sent with no errors in both scripts.

• Developers

Nah, that doesn't sound right to me.

$S_Files2Attach[0] contains the number of files found. When there is only one file specified it will contain 1 and $S_Files2Attach[1] will contain the filename.

Agree?

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Any chance that script leave copy of message on server side in "Sent" folder?

Which mailsystem are you using?

Just checked and Gmail has a copy of the sent Emails in the Sent box, Yahoo doesn't.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

It could have been due to an extra semi-colon at the end of the attachment list, I am creating the list like this:

If $nCounter > 0 Then
        For $i = 1 To $nCounter
            $sAttachFiles = $sAttachFiles & "C:screenshot." & $i & ".jpg;"
        Next
    EndIf

When I have used StringSplit() before, it gets the correct number of entries even while leaving a trailing separator, but this one may be adding one additional blank entry causing the error.  Either way, whether it's one attachment or multiple, the emailer is sending all attachments correctly with the above change.

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

With a semicolon or with a comma?

"CCadress1@test.com,CCadress2@test.com"

I personally have only ever used a semi-colon, are you suggesting that comma works for you?

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.