Animated Gif/avi Files?

Hey guys,

This isn't really a support question, but then again there wasn't really anywhere this question belonged! I was wondering if anyone could point me towards somewhere I can download .avi files. I've created a GUI and I'd like some nice, small, cartoony animations to go on it, but after scouring the internet I can't find anywhere to get them from???

To be honest I can't even find online the computer avi thing AutoIT uses in its examples folder!!!

If anyone knows where I could download some quirky stuff like this, or any small avi's thn I would much appreciate it.

Cheers

Mark

P.S. I tried converting an animeted gif to an avi but my AutoIT script doesn't seem to want to play it...hence wanting an avi file!

Hi again,

Don't worry, I'm not spamming my own post. I've been experimenting with avi files since I posted this and just can't get it to work. I don't understand how the Help File says that the function only works with .avi files, but then the example is using a .dll file???

However, even when using an Avi file it is still not appearing so I wondered I've posted my script below in the3 hope that somebody can work out where I'm going wrong!!!

Thanks

Mark

#include <GUIConstants.au3>

GUICreate ("My GUI Animation",300,200)
$ani1 = GUICtrlCreateAvi ("C:\shortcuts\", "Movie1.avi", 150, 50,10)
;$ani1 = GUICtrlCreateAvi (@SystemDir & "\shell32.dll",150, 50,10)

$buttonstart = GUICtrlCreateButton ("start",50,150,70,22)
$buttonstop  = GUICtrlCreateButton ("stop",150,150,70,22)

GUISetState( )

; Run the GUI until the dialog is closed
While 1
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()

Select
      case $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
        ExitLoop

case $msg = $buttonstart
        GUICtrlSetState ($ani1, 1)

case $msg = $buttonstop
        GUICtrlSetState ($ani1, 0)

EndSelect
Wend

.avi short for Audio Video Interleave, the old file format for Microsoft's Video for Windows standard and offen huge in size while .gif is small looping graphics offen seen as controls in HTML - the two formats is very different...

Interested in gif file format in autoit3 have a look at one of my previous posts...

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...ndpost&p=160384

kjactive :)

Hi again,

Don't worry, I'm not spamming my own post. I've been experimenting with avi files since I posted this and just can't get it to work. I don't understand how the Help File says that the function only works with .avi files, but then the example is using a .dll file???

The example uses a .dll because the .dll contains a lot of .avi's all bundled in one file. :)

Hey guys,

This isn't really a support question, but then again there wasn't really anywhere this question belonged! I was wondering if anyone could point me towards somewhere I can download .avi files. I've created a GUI and I'd like some nice, small, cartoony animations to go on it, but after scouring the internet I can't find anywhere to get them from???

To be honest I can't even find online the computer avi thing AutoIT uses in its examples folder!!!

If anyone knows where I could download some quirky stuff like this, or any small avi's thn I would much appreciate it.

Cheers

Mark

P.S. I tried converting an animeted gif to an avi but my AutoIT script doesn't seem to want to play it...hence wanting an avi file!

Try this test:

#include <GUIConstants.au3>
$Splash = GUICreate("", 300, 60, -1, -1, BitOR($WS_POPUP, $WS_BORDER),  $WS_EX_TOPMOST)
GUISetCursor(15, 1)
GUICtrlCreateAVI(@SystemDir & '\Shell32.dll', 167, 15, -1, 210, 15, $ACS_AUTOPLAY)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
Sleep(3000)
Exit

Check out resource hack, a freeware program that will let you find resources in windows files including avis in the shell32.dll. http://rpi.net.au/~ajohnson/resourcehacker

Hiya,

Thanks for your suggestions. I've kept trying with the .gif file but they just don't seem to want to work. Least I understand the .dll in the Hlep File now. Don't spose anybody knows where I can get some more of these cool little .avi's like the one used in the Help File???

Cheers

Mark

Hiya,

Don't spose anybody knows where I can get some more of these cool little .avi's like the one used in the Help File???

Cheers

Mark

Check out my previous post. They are in shell32.dll. Download resource hack and you will see them.