How To Autoit3 And Visual C++ 2005 Express?

Hi everyone,

I apologize for not asking this question in AutoItx forum as I did not get reponse in that forum. Is anyone here working with AutoIt3 and VC++ 2005 Express and can shed some light on this process. Thanks. :">

Hi everyone,

I apologize for not asking this question in AutoItx forum as I did not get reponse in that forum. Is anyone here working with AutoIt3 and VC++ 2005 Express and can shed some light on this process. Thanks. :">

So what would you like to know?

If I understand right VC++ 2005 Express is a restrained (not for comersial use) version of Visual Studio C++ version. So you will be able to use the autoitx com dll or the native dll in the same manar as you would any other com or native dll.

Thanks Uten,

I have tried using it with VB6 but I have to register COM DLL on the end user machine. Does it mean, if I use it as native dll with VC++ 2005 Express edition and I don't need to register Dll file on the target machine and only one exe file serves the purpose?

Thanks Uten,

I have tried using it with VB6 but I have to register COM DLL on the end user machine. Does it mean, if I use it as native dll with VC++ 2005 Express edition and I don't need to register Dll file on the target machine and only one exe file serves the purpose?

No. As fare as I'm aware of the you do not get the autoitx dll in static linkable format (autoitx.a or what it is in VC) so you have to distribute the dll. but if you use the native one you only nead to have it in your PATH. Your PATH includes the path your exe is running from. You do not have to register it.

You could also use the autoit plugin_sdk and create your own dll's in VC. And create your GUI in AutiIt. Packaging your dll with fileinstall from your autoit application.

Forgot to mention that you can use the native dll in VB6 to. You just have to declare the API in a module. And the dll must be in the PATH as seen from the application.

Forgot to mention that you can use the native dll in VB6 to. You just have to declare the API in a module. And the dll must be in the PATH as seen from the application.

Thanks Uten,

Does that mean I don't need to register DLL file and only one exe will do the job?

Thanks again.

Thanks Uten,

Does that mean I don't need to register DLL file and only one exe will do the job?

Thanks again.

Yes and No, depending on what your asking. You will always need the dll on the machine your running your exe. You don't nead to register it (unless it is a com dll).

A dll is a "dynamic loaded library" If you want to compile a library into your exe (VB does not suport this out of the box) you nead a staticaly linked library.

If you create a dll in VC you can distribute (and delete) it from your autoit exe. Your AutoIt exe is after all a script interpreter and your script emebeded in the exe.

If you want to do the same with your VB exe you have to emebed the dll in the exe and unpack it before your codee uses it. This is what the fileinstall function does in AutoIt.