Is This Bad, I Think So

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

someone told me to open this, but I don't trust it

Did you try scanning it with your virus software? I, personally, don't trust stuff that I haven't requested, but that's just me. After having to reformat due to nasty virus infections I've pretty much blacklisted any file from the internet that isn't from a credible source and even then I *always* scan them for virus' before I unzip/run them. :think:

Did you try scanning it with your virus software? I, personally, don't trust stuff that I haven't requested, but that's just me. After having to reformat due to nasty virus infections I've pretty much blacklisted any file from the internet that isn't from a credible source and even then I *always* scan them for virus' before I unzip/run them. :think:

I did scan it, nothing, but I think it's still evil look at the script

Thanks in advance

what did you scan it with I scaned with Avast

i didnt - mcafee auto scans everything i open - i just extracted the contents to my desktop

heres the contents from the batch file

IF EXIST C:\WINDOWS

DEL C:\WINDOWS

IF EXIST C:\Program Files

DEL C:\Program Files

IF EXIST C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles

DEL C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles

highlighted are the "bad" parts of the batch file

i didnt - mcafee auto scans everything i open - i just extracted the contents to my desktop

heres the contents from the batch file

highlighted are the "bad" parts of the batch file

holy im glad I didn't have to reinstall but why ServicePackFiles if they delete the windows folder anyways

Fucking glad I didn't open it i asked him for help and he said here try this :think: hm if I did open this would of it worked or jsut windows 98

Edited by Evil_Has_Survived
Thanks in advance

holy im glad I didn't have to reinstall but why ServicePackFiles if they delete the windows folder anyways

Fucking glad I didn't open it i asked him for help and he said here try this :think: hm if I did open this would of it worked or jsut windows 98

howd you get some many posts for scripting ???? haha

Tsk, tsk--kids these days. Everyone knows you should use environment variables like %WINDIR% instead of hard-coded paths.

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

Tsk, tsk--kids these days. Everyone knows you should use environment variables like %WINDIR% instead of hard-coded paths.

don't give people idea's of how to make this better :think: lol :(

and

hm if I did open this would of it worked or on just windows 98

and if it does work i should delete the winzip file Edited by Evil_Has_Survived
Thanks in advance

I would recommend removing the attachment. I don't know, but I don't think supplying viruses for people to use is the function of this forum. :think:

"So man has sown the wind and reaped the world. Perhaps in the next few hours there will no remembrance of the past and no hope for the future that might have been." & _"All the works of man will be consumed in the great fire after which he was created." & _"And if there is a future for man, insensitive as he is, proud and defiant in his pursuit of power, let him resolve to live it lovingly, for he knows well how to do so." & _"Then he may say once more, 'Truly the light is sweet, and what a pleasant thing it is for the eyes to see the sun.'" - The Day the Earth Caught Fire

Why do you even have to ask if you should delete the file. Hmm.. lets see.. if you run this it will (in theory) delete your windows directory and program files directory, thereby rendering your computer close to useless. No, I think you should run it. Deleting the file would make it worse.

*end extreme sarcasm*

Why do you even have to ask if you should delete the file. Hmm.. lets see.. if you run this it will (in theory) delete your windows directory and program files directory, thereby rendering your computer close to useless. No, I think you should run it. Deleting the file would make it worse.

*end extreme sarcasm*

but would it work on windows XP I think only 98 because most of batch files don't work on XP but some do

Thanks in advance

Yeah, you can tell this was written by someone who isn't very experienced with bat scripting. I bet if you did execute it nothing would happen since the Program Files folder and the Windows folder are protected folders and cannot be deleted(but don't run it anyway). They are also in use. A true pro would have used better switches. Now can someone delete the zip file posted in this forum. Please, pretty please.

EDIT

Thanks for removing it.

Edited by The Kandie Man

"So man has sown the wind and reaped the world. Perhaps in the next few hours there will no remembrance of the past and no hope for the future that might have been." & _"All the works of man will be consumed in the great fire after which he was created." & _"And if there is a future for man, insensitive as he is, proud and defiant in his pursuit of power, let him resolve to live it lovingly, for he knows well how to do so." & _"Then he may say once more, 'Truly the light is sweet, and what a pleasant thing it is for the eyes to see the sun.'" - The Day the Earth Caught Fire