How to define a new function

I just want to define functions from string arrays.

Example: I have an array $varKey[] . The value may be $varKey[1]="ddd",.... How can I write an autoit script

Dim $varKey[3]

For $i = 1 To 3

Func $varKey[$i]()

Send($i)

EndFunc

Next

You have some serious flaws in your script. Here is an example I wrote up real fast to show you a simple script that sends each element in the array. It has a "function" that does this, but it isnt needed... simply included it because you asked.

$varKey = StringSplit("Apple,Orange,Pear,Peach,Tomato", ",") ; Create an array with fruit names as each element

Run("notepad.exe") ; Lets open notepad so you can see this script send each element of the array.
WinActivate("Untitled - Notepad")
WinWaitActive("Untitled - Notepad")
For $i = 1 to UBound($varKey) - 1 ; Execute the SendArray function for each element of the array, until the array ends
    SendArray($varKey[$i])
Next

Func SendArray($s_Temp) ; Simple function that sends what text it is given.  This function is useless however, you could just include this send() in your for loop.
    Send($s_Temp&@CRLF)
EndFunc
AutoIt Scripts:Aimbot: Proof of Concept - PixelSearching Aimbot with several search/autoshoot/lock-on techniques.Sliding Toolbar - Add a nice Sliding Toolbar to your next script. Click the link to see an animation of it in action!FontInfo UDF - Get list of system fonts, or search to see if a particular font is installed.Get Extended Property UDF - Retrieve a files extended properties (e.g., video/image dimensions, file version, bitrate of song/video, etc)

Thx Simucal. but what i need is to make new shortkey program eg. the program will type "dogoooo" when i press "ctrl+d" etc.. That means I want define the function from array loaded from the INI file first, then the function will start when i press a shortkey.

• Moderators

Thx Simucal. but what i need is to make new shortkey program eg. the program will type "dogoooo" when i press "ctrl+d" etc.. That means I want define the function from array loaded from the INI file first, then the function will start when i press a shortkey.

Look at HotKeySet().

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

That isnt ANYWHERE near what you said in your first post.

AutoIt Scripts:Aimbot: Proof of Concept - PixelSearching Aimbot with several search/autoshoot/lock-on techniques.Sliding Toolbar - Add a nice Sliding Toolbar to your next script. Click the link to see an animation of it in action!FontInfo UDF - Get list of system fonts, or search to see if a particular font is installed.Get Extended Property UDF - Retrieve a files extended properties (e.g., video/image dimensions, file version, bitrate of song/video, etc)

The smart people may have followed that, but I'm lost. Can you post a sample of what the .ini file would contain? Something like:

; Shortcuts.ini
[Shortcuts]
a="ardvarkooo"
b="batoooo"
c="catoooo"
d="dogoooo"
e="elephantoooo"

Or however you have it formatted? :D

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

The ini file will look like

; shortkey.ini

[shortcuts]a="ardvarkooo"

b="batoooo"

c="catoooo"

d="dogoooo"

e="elephantoooo"

[key]

a="!p"

b="!w"

c="^y"

d="!^i"

e="^j"

the au3 file is as

$varKey = IniReadSection(".\shortkey.ini", "key")

If @error Then

MsgBox(4096, "", "Error occured, probably no INI file.")

Else

For $i = 1 To $varKey[0][0]

HotKeySet( $varKey[$i][1] , $varKey[$i][0] )

Next

EndIf

Then I want to define function like

Func a()

Send("ardvarkooo")

EndFunc

:

:

bit hackish. but it works.

Global $varKey = IniReadSection(".\pr0n.ini", "key")

If @error Then

MsgBox(4096, "", "Error occured, probably no INI file.")

Else

HotKeySet($varKey[$i][1], "_Handle")
    Next

EndIf

While 1
    Sleep(10)
WEnd

Func _Handle()
        If $varKey[$i][1] = @HotKeyPressed Then Return _Key(IniRead(".\pr0n.ini", "Shortcuts", $varKey[$i][0], 0))
    Next
EndFunc   ;==>_Handle

Func _Key($s_val)
    ConsoleWrite($s_val & @LF)
EndFunc   ;==>_Key

; shortkey.ini
[Shortcuts]
a=ape
b=bat
c=cat
d=dog
e=elephant

[key]
a=!a
b=!b
c=!c
d=!d
e=!e

My UDF's:;mem stuff_Mem;ftp stuff_FTP ( OLD );inet stuff_INetGetSource ( OLD )_INetGetImage _INetBrowse ( Collection )_EncodeUrl_NetStat_Google;random stuff_iPixelSearch_DiceRoll

Thank you very much!

Now I can create my shortkey program.

Go back to the original topic title.

Does any one know how to define function from an string array?

I'll toss in an example of something like being asked :D as I am not exactly sure of the question.

Global $varKey[3]
$varKey[0] = '_func00'
$varKey[1] = '_func01'
$varKey[2] = '_func02'

For $i = 0 To UBound($varKey) - 1
    Call($varKey[$i])
Next

Func _func00()
    MsgBox(0, '', '00')
EndFunc

Func _func01()
    MsgBox(0, '', '01')
EndFunc

Func _func02()
    MsgBox(0, '', '02')
EndFunc

I'm not sure either but I think your looking for somthing as described in this thread. Have your script write the "plugin" on the fly.

I'll toss in an example of something like being asked :D as I am not exactly sure of the question.

Global $varKey[3]
$varKey[0] = '_func00'
$varKey[1] = '_func01'
$varKey[2] = '_func02'

For $i = 0 To UBound($varKey) - 1
    Call($varKey[$i])
Next

Func _func00()
    MsgBox(0, '', '00')
EndFunc

Func _func01()
    MsgBox(0, '', '01')
EndFunc

Func _func02()
    MsgBox(0, '', '02')
EndFunc
Sorry for my bad english. You r approaching my question. From your code, I just want to know whether there are another way to define function from $varKey[3] array directly. For example (this not work)

Func $varKey[1]()
    MsgBox(0, '', '00')
EndFunc

Sorry for my bad english. You r approaching my question. From your code, I just want to know whether there are another way to define function from $varKey[3] array directly. For example (this not work)

Func $varKey[1]()
    MsgBox(0, '', '00')
EndFunc
No, you cannot directly use a variable or an array as a function name like you display.

If you want to try something different, then you would have to rewrite your script on the fly and run that. Similar to as Uten is suggesting as an alternative to try to make you idea happen. :D