This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more here. X
X

Photo

Final Fantasu 11 Auto Fish

• Please log in to reply
226 replies to this topic

Poll: So how do you like this new fishing/sort macro (40 member(s) have cast votes)

So how do you like this new fishing/sort macro

1. I Like It Alot! (19 votes [47.50%])

Percentage of vote: 47.50%

2. I like It! (2 votes [5.00%])

Percentage of vote: 5.00%

3. Its Good! (5 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

4. Poor Script! (2 votes [5.00%])

Percentage of vote: 5.00%

5. Very Poor Script! (5 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

6. It Could Use Some Work! (7 votes [17.50%])

Percentage of vote: 17.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 jade420

jade420

Wayfarer

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 03 January 2004 - 09:59 PM

please take down any code you have posted to recieve a copy of the full version thank's and have fun^^

Edited by jade420, 03 February 2004 - 11:07 PM.

#2 blt

blt

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 January 2004 - 03:18 AM

I like it a lot... but if it just had a way to add bait for me... I've tried to add bad but it really messes things up... this is what I changed it to... and it just closes out of FFXI after the first inital fishing attempt... other then that its perfect... if you have any plans of makeing it reload bait... that would be GREAT!

AutoItSetOption("SendKeyDelay", 150) ;slow key delay a bit

Send ("{NUMPADSUB}") ;opens menu
Send ("{DOWN}") ;moves menu down 1
Sleep (0100) ;Sleep for a little bit
sleep (0100) ;sleep for a little bit
Send ("{ENTER}") ;enter the item menu
Send ("{NUMPADADD}") ;goes to sort
Send ("{ENTER}") ;enters stack menu
Send ("{up}") ;sends it up
Send ("{ENTER}") ;complete auto stack
Send ("{ESCAPE}") ;exits menu
Send ("{UP}") ;moves menu up 1
Send ("{ENTER}") ;Enters Equipment
Sleep (0100) ;sleep for a little bit
Send ("{ENTER}") ;Changes Bait
Sleep (0100) ;sleep
Sleep (0100) ;sleep
Send ("{ESCAPE}") ; Exit Equipment
Send ("{ESCAPE}") ;exits complete to finish stack

#3 scriptkitty

scriptkitty

Universalist

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 04 January 2004 - 06:10 AM

Making it run an additional AutoIt compiled script seems like overkill. Maybe try calling a function, or use an #Include to use the same function in many scripts. :whistle:
Example below.
Plain Text         
Sleep (135000);give time to open FFXI $fisha = 1;set variable for attempt # display AutoItSetOption("SendKeyDelay", 23);slow key delay a bit While $fisha > 0;infinite loop Send ("/echo Fishing{!}{ENTER}");display macro starting Send ("/fish{ENTER}");start the 'fishing' action Sleep (16000);wait to catch a fish Send ("{Enter}");reel in the fish Sleep (9000);delay between scripts ;  $val = RunWait("FFAS.exe") autosort() Sleep (5000);wait for the timed delay ProcessClose("FFAS.exe") Sleep (10000);wait for timed delay $fisha = $fisha + 1;increase fishing attempts WEnd ;Autosort funtion Func autosort() AutoItSetOption("SendKeyDelay", 150);slow key delay a bit Send ("{NUMPADSUB}");opens menu Send ("{DOWN}");moves menu down 1 Sleep (0100);Sleep for a little bit Send ("{DOWN}");moves menu down 1 Send ("{DOWN}");moves menu down 1 Sleep (0100);Sleep for a little bit Send ("{ENTER}");enter the item menu Send ("{NUMPADADD}");goes to sort Sleep (0100);Sleep for a little bit Send ("{ENTER}");enters stack menu Send ("{up}");sends it up Sleep (0100);Sleep for a little bit Send ("{ENTER}");complete auto stack Send ("{ESCAPE}");exits menu Sleep (0100);Sleep for a little bit Send ("{UP}");moves menu up 1 Send ("{UP}");moves menu up 1 Sleep (0100);Sleep for a little bit Send ("{UP}");moves menu up 1 Send ("{ESCAPE}");exits complete to finish stack EndFunc

I don't play the game, so I will pass on voting. All the comments help everyone who does figure out what each does, and is a great learning tool. B)
AutoIt3, the MACGYVER Pocket Knife for computers.

#4 blt

blt

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 January 2004 - 09:14 AM

i made it auto bait as well

I added the command /equip ammo "Insect Ball"

I have to edit it for each time I fish so that I have the proper bait... but it works!

#5 blt

blt

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 January 2004 - 09:51 AM

Sleep (135000);give time to open FFXI
$fisha = 1;set variable for attempt # display
AutoItSetOption("SendKeyDelay", 23);slow key delay a bit

While $fisha > 0;infinite loop
Send ("/echo Fishing{!}{ENTER}");display macro starting
Send ("/fish{ENTER}");start the 'fishing' action
Sleep (16000);wait to catch a fish
Send ("{Enter}");reel in the fish
Sleep (10000);delay between scripts
autosort()
AutoItSetOption("SendKeyDelay", 23);slow key delay a bit
Sleep (10000);wait for timed delay
$fisha = $fisha + 1;increase fishing attempts
WEnd

Func autosort()
AutoItSetOption("SendKeyDelay", 150);slow key delay a bit

Send ("{NUMPADSUB}");opens menu
Send ("{DOWN}");moves menu down 1
Sleep (0100);Sleep for a little bit
Send ("{ENTER}");enter the item menu
Send ("{NUMPADADD}");goes to sort
Send ("{ENTER}");enters stack menu
Send ("{up}");sends it up
Send ("{ENTER}");complete auto stack
Send ("{ESCAPE}");exits menu
Send ("{UP}");moves menu up 1
Send ("{ESCAPE}");exits complete to finish stack
Sleep (0100)
Send ("/equip ammo "Insect Ball"{ENTER}");rebait with insect ball
EndFunc

I added the last line to rebait my hook with Insect Ball for moat carp fishing... you can do the same for broken rods to by changing ammo to ranged :whistle: enjoy

#6 sup

sup

Seeker

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 January 2004 - 07:07 PM

blt: the last line of that does not parse correctly. gives me an error and i have it -exactly- as you do.

#7 Valik

Valik

Former developer.

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,879 posts

Posted 04 January 2004 - 09:49 PM

blt: the last line of that does not parse correctly. gives me an error and i have it -exactly- as you do.

The last line should be:
Send ('/equip ammo "Insect Ball"{ENTER}');rebait with insect ball

#8 Valik

Valik

Former developer.

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,879 posts

Posted 04 January 2004 - 09:55 PM

And also dont tell anybody about this site or macro for the reason we dont want a bunch of people bringing down the sales in the fish market^^ that and you could get banned from the game for running 3rd party applications so best not to tell anyone that way it eliminates the chance of a gm hearing about it so be safe my friend^^

You think that statement is very fair to the author of the program and its contributors?

#9 sup

sup

Seeker

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 January 2004 - 02:50 AM

And also dont tell anybody about this site or macro for the reason we dont want a bunch of people bringing down the sales in the fish market^^ that and you could get banned from the game for running 3rd party applications so best not to tell anyone that way it eliminates the chance of a gm hearing about it so be safe my friend^^

You think that statement is very fair to the author of the program and its contributors?

I think she means the little script she made, i hope...

This program is one of the coolest things I've ever come across and I plan on telling all of my friends about it, just not the specific things they can do with it. Most wouldn't even put two and two together though so I'm not worried.

#10 sup

sup

Seeker

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 January 2004 - 09:28 AM

Also I'd just like to add there are some classes that this program is almost necessary for.

When playing a BLM/RNG/SAM you almost -have- to have a higher level character that's already making money so you can afford spells and armor. I started OUT as a BLM. This fishing is helping me a lot, before I was killing crawlers for like 4 hours just to get 5 silks. When you hit 40, you can do those burning cauldron notorious monster fights and make gil from the drops, before then it is -complete hell- for a BLM or RNG if you don't have another method of income.

Thanks a lot for the code jade.

#11 scriptkitty

scriptkitty

Universalist

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 05 January 2004 - 05:29 PM

Also I'd just like to add there are some classes that this program is almost necessary for.

When playing a BLM/RNG/SAM you almost -have- to have a higher level character that's already making money so you can afford spells and armor. I started OUT as a BLM. This fishing is helping me a lot, before I was killing crawlers for like 4 hours just to get 5 silks. When you hit 40, you can do those burning cauldron notorious monster fights and make gil from the drops, before then it is -complete hell- for a BLM or RNG if you don't have another method of income.

Thanks a lot for the code jade.

:whistle: B) :angry:

I just realised how I must sound when talking about the games I play, I don't think I understood half of this paragraph.

I was rolling on the floor when it hit me. OMG it is like -complete hell- for a BLM or RNG if you don't have another method of income! If only I had made a TKW or a QZY instead, then I could have made tons of money off Golden Chimeras. :evil:

Thanks, unintentional, but so very funny to me.

AutoIt3, the MACGYVER Pocket Knife for computers.

#12 SethDrone

SethDrone

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 January 2004 - 06:45 PM

This script is awesome. Thanks a bunch for making it and releasing it.

As well the second person who wrote the line for equipping bait works, the first one errors out.

#13 Guest_tortwren_*

Guest_tortwren_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2004 - 11:35 PM

quick question
after i dl the v3 program
i just paste the code into notepade and name it .au3 file and run it then it'll work?

#14 SethDrone

SethDrone

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 12:30 AM

some of the fish attempts where it 'hooks something', it appears to not pull in the line it just sits there till what would normally be a timeout and it reels your line back in. is the delay to 'catching' the fish just a long time or is it missing the enter/left click to catch something once its on the hook?

#15 SethDrone

SethDrone

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 12:42 AM

note: i read the following posts and i just saved the script in a notepad as a .txt, then when running autoit chose "show all files" and then selected my script from there does that effect any of the commands or lines maybe?

#16 Guest_tortwren_*

Guest_tortwren_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2004 - 01:51 AM

the change baits part dosnt work@@?
for the one with entering /equip amom "Insect Balls" it'll just pop out to window and says error
and the other one going into equip menu and double click also dont work
once the baits runs out it click once to equip it and then click again to unequip it
are there full version of bots that well auto change baits??
thx

i mean everything works fine but how do i get the "" mark to be input without crashing

Edited by tortwren, 06 January 2004 - 02:03 AM.

#17 blt

blt

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 04:18 AM

sorry ^^ I made a mistake when typing it in! here is the updated code with the updated auto bait! My fault! Currently I have one for each type of bait I use compiled and named accordingly you can change Insect Ball to anything you want but make sure that there are Double quotes around the bait so that AutoIt knows to actually put a set of " " around the bait name when typing it into FFXI! Sorry for the mixup!

Sleep (135000) ;give time to open FFXI
$fisha = 1 ;set variable for attempt # display
AutoItSetOption("SendKeyDelay", 23) ;slow key delay a bit

While $fisha > 0 ;infinite loop
Send ("/echo Fishing{!}{ENTER}") ;display macro starting
Send ("/fish{ENTER}") ;start the 'fishing' action
Sleep (16000) ;wait to catch a fish
Send ("{Enter}") ;reel in the fish
Sleep (10000) ;delay between scripts
autosort()
AutoItSetOption("SendKeyDelay", 23) ;slow key delay a bit
Sleep (10000) ;wait for timed delay
$fisha = $fisha + 1 ;increase fishing attempts
WEnd

Func autosort()
AutoItSetOption("SendKeyDelay", 200) ;slow key delay a bit
Send ("{NUMPADSUB}") ;opens menu
Send ("{ENTER}") ;enter the item menu
Send ("{NUMPADADD}") ;goes to sort
Send ("{ENTER}") ;enters stack menu
Send ("{up}") ;sends it up
Send ("{ENTER}") ;complete auto stack
Send ("{ESCAPE}") ;exits menu
Send ("{ESCAPE}") ;exits complete to finish stack
Sleep (0100) ;Sleep
Send ("/equip ammo ""Insect Ball""{ENTER}") ;equip bait
EndFunc

#18 Guest_tortwren_*

Guest_tortwren_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2004 - 03:54 PM

thax~!!
its working greate

#19 FFXI_Fisherman

FFXI_Fisherman

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 04:39 PM

some of the fish attempts where it 'hooks something', it appears to not pull in the line it just sits there till what would normally be a timeout and it reels your line back in. is the delay to 'catching' the fish just a long time or is it missing the enter/left click to catch something once its on the hook?

The problem is the script hits enter after a certain amount of time, so if you hook a fish to early the catch gets away before the script hits enter. Another quirk of fishing is if you hit enter before you have hooked something, you automatically reel in your line. So the set time of the script to reel in is reeling in before you finish fishing sometimes.

Personally I ran the script for a few hours yesterday to test it out and I didn’t catch a thing. Then I fished manually for an hour and caught quite a bit of stuff. So there is definite something not quite right with the script. I did get a few skill-ups but never actually caught anything.

I think it may have something to do with {ENTER} working after a text line, but for some reason it doesnt seem to work by itself to just reel in the line.

Edited by FFXI_Fisherman, 06 January 2004 - 05:00 PM.

#20 SethDrone

SethDrone

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 06:49 PM

jade just told me the same thing, which i didnt know. I have been catching fish with the macro it just happens to be a lot less than I would manually, which is still great.

I guess the question is do u shorten the time so that you dont lose as many fish to default but sometimes reel in youre rod too early, or do you lengthen it and miss some of the fish from not reeling in?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users