This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more here. X
X

Photo

Final Fantasu 11 Auto Fish

• Please log in to reply
226 replies to this topic

Poll: So how do you like this new fishing/sort macro (40 member(s) have cast votes)

So how do you like this new fishing/sort macro

1. I Like It Alot! (19 votes [47.50%])

Percentage of vote: 47.50%

2. I like It! (2 votes [5.00%])

Percentage of vote: 5.00%

3. Its Good! (5 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

4. Poor Script! (2 votes [5.00%])

Percentage of vote: 5.00%

5. Very Poor Script! (5 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

6. It Could Use Some Work! (7 votes [17.50%])

Percentage of vote: 17.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 blt

blt

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 07:47 PM

last night was the first night i had actually used the script... i tested it out and it seems that after awhile the timeing goes off and I am no longer giving it times to get bites.. i caught 3 stacks of moat carp... but this was in 10 hours in a time period like that i'd normally catch anywhere from 8-10 ..... i'll play with it a bit as well as i'm sure jade will and i'll let you guys know what I find out that works best.

#22 Guest_Lockee_*

Guest_Lockee_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2004 - 08:15 PM

Cool Script, looking forward to it being Fixxed.

#23 FFXI_Fisherman

FFXI_Fisherman

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 08:39 PM

Ive modifed the script to use mouse clicks to do the reeling. This works well because you can click the mouse as much as you want while your pole is out and it doesnt reel unless you have a bite.

I believe some people have had problems using mouse functions while in FFXI but it seems to work for me. Im using WinXP on a laptop for this.

I want to test the script a bit more before I post it.

#24 SethDrone

SethDrone

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 08:54 PM

hmm, im having the opposite problem as blt.

im guessing you cant make AutoIt do left mouse clicks? u can click the left mouse all day long and it wont stop ur fishing it will only reel in catches, which would be ideal. If not I was thinking about just shortening the timer, Id rather catch more fish and have it stop fishing early a few times than lose bait and fish on the default timeouts.

#25 FFXIFISHER

FFXIFISHER

Seeker

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 10:11 PM

I am just letting you know that this works ok but there are some glitches. For some reason you catch alot less fish then you do if playing manually. I am guessing there is some sort of magic number that will boost the percent. I changed yours from 16 seconds up to 18 seconds bit it still doesnt work right. You say that when you click with your mouse it only reels in if you have a fish on the line.... i am pretty sure this is untrue.... when i click with my mouse while fishing it reels in even if the fish isn't on the line. Anyway, nice work and hopefully we will get this working flawlessly sometime soon. Keep up the good work all and happy fishing :whistle:

Edited by FFXIFISHER, 06 January 2004 - 10:13 PM.

#26 FFXI_Fisherman

FFXI_Fisherman

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 10:28 PM

Nope, try it. While your pole is out you can click the mouse as much as you want you dont reel your line in.

I have a few small issuses to work out with my modification to the script, but its working fairly well so far. It doesnt miss any bites, rebaits the hook after every cast and equips a pole incase of a broken or lost poll.

PS. Does anyone know if its possible to have FFXI output a log file like EQ does? If so I think it would be possible to make this script very smart and work near perfect.

Edited by FFXI_Fisherman, 06 January 2004 - 10:30 PM.

#27 Guest_Lockee_*

Guest_Lockee_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2004 - 11:11 PM

Yea its gotta be Timming, ive also noticed it reels in too soon so it isent giving it enuff time for something to grab on, and thats why it catches less fish. mabey a longer delay on that part of the script ?

#28 SethDrone

SethDrone

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 12:26 AM

sounds awesome jade. first request on the new program would be to autostack much more often. so you can keep ur pack almost full up to like say 26 with baits/normal items and it will still stack each time you get a new fish. that seems to work well with the current version.

also since i guess this new release will take awhile, could you implement mouse clicks for reeling in on this version first that would make it 10x better while we wait. thanks ;P

#29 FFXIFISHER

FFXIFISHER

Seeker

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 04:01 AM

Sorry but the one you added does NOT work. On my final fantasy, when you click the mouse button it reele in no matter if there is a fish on the line or not.... is it possible you have older verisons of FFXI? Or maybe i need to change something? WHen i cast with the new script it auto did not catch anything in liek 2 seconds after cast every time. Any help would be great.

#30 Guest_Kenshin_*

Guest_Kenshin_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2004 - 10:47 AM

wow thanks for all your work jade and blt. im also getting the problem FFXIFISHER is getting when using the left mouse click macro, im running xp. one thing i thought i might add is as you progress through fishing skill levels your recast time on your rod gets lower by 1 second. fishing skills 1-9 recast is 14 seconds, skills 10-19 recast is 13 seconds, skills 20-29 recast is 12 seconds, so on and so forth. thanks again for such a great script. cant wait for your win32 application version ^^

#31 FFXIFISHER

FFXIFISHER

Seeker

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 01:13 PM

I am running Windows XP Pro. Any help on how to get this working would be great.

#32 escrima

escrima

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 03:41 PM

jade: have you thought about using an ALT+i for the auto sort instead of menu, down down down, etc? I find that sometimes it can get off and bring up something instead of the inventory. What is the command for Alt+i if I wanted to make the change on my own? thanx

#33 kevinjiang

kevinjiang

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 06:57 PM

I'm just a newb :whistle: and i really like the script, but could you make an on and off button; so instead of quitting out of the whole game and restarting it: all you have to do is press a button. ^ ^

#34 Guest_meow84_*

Guest_meow84_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2004 - 08:53 PM

hmm i compile the thing... and i tested it out on my notepad..
it can type the /echo fish! and then enter and /fish alright, but when i run my game,
it just went /echo fishing!!/fish .... it appears to me that the {enter}") aint working.
issit something to do with my OS? i'm using window 98

#35 FFXIFISHER

FFXIFISHER

Seeker

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 10:03 PM

This is making me mad hehe.... i now wish i was using windows 98 if it supposedly works left clickign in game lol. If anyone has any idea why the mouse clicking works even if you dont have a fish on the line for Windows XP users it's be great to know a way to fix it. Cmon all you computer pro's helllp us :whistle: Btw keep up the good work.

#36 Guest_fhools_*

Guest_fhools_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2004 - 01:53 AM

Hi

Its true that clicking on the mouse does indeed reel in the line early.

There is no magic number for how long to wait.

Is there a way you can add a capture screenshot to the autoit and also
compare bitmaps? I tried the japanese program posted in another thread and almost got it working.

It turned out however (I think) that the one the guy posted is outdated,
If you look at the souce code there is an API to output captured bitmap.

capture(int x, int y, int w , int h)...I tried that but the bitmap I capture is
all black so I think the capture doesn't work, which is important because it compares bitmaps.

I'd really like to work with you on making a good fishing autoscript :whistle:

#37 FFXIFISHER

FFXIFISHER

Seeker

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 02:39 AM

Well Fhools, I understand it works for you. I am saying it doesn't work for me. For the other person who has the same problem as me... are you using a Logitech Laser Mouse or Windows XP Pro?

#38 FFXIFISHER

FFXIFISHER

Seeker

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 02:53 AM

Oh hehe Jade didnt see your post. I am trying windows update now... if this doesnt work i'll wait for the new thign your making. Just a few quetions Jade... so the new thing your making sounds plain NEAT! Not to be pushy but as i am not a big program maker, how long does this kind of stuff usually take. Could you give me an estimate... like 1 day, 1 month, 3 months lol. Keep up the amazing work :whistle:

Edited by FFXIFISHER, 08 January 2004 - 02:53 AM.

#39 Guest_Fishguru_*

Guest_Fishguru_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2004 - 07:44 AM

FFXIFISHER

I had the same problem as you, turning off Hardware Mouse Cursor in FFXI Config fixed it for me.

Jade, awesome script, I love it :whistle:

#40 sup

sup

Seeker

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 10:23 AM

you do realize all that clicking brings up a menu and causes you to enter chat mode and screws a lot of shit up, and doesn't work, right?

Edited by sup, 08 January 2004 - 11:11 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users