This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more here. X
X

Photo

Final Fantasu 11 Auto Fish

• Please log in to reply
226 replies to this topic

Poll: So how do you like this new fishing/sort macro (40 member(s) have cast votes)

So how do you like this new fishing/sort macro

1. I Like It Alot! (19 votes [47.50%])

Percentage of vote: 47.50%

2. I like It! (2 votes [5.00%])

Percentage of vote: 5.00%

3. Its Good! (5 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

4. Poor Script! (2 votes [5.00%])

Percentage of vote: 5.00%

5. Very Poor Script! (5 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

6. It Could Use Some Work! (7 votes [17.50%])

Percentage of vote: 17.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Guest_Fishguru_*

Guest_Fishguru_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2004 - 11:18 AM

you do realize all that clicking brings up a menu and causes you to enter chat mode and screws a lot of shit up, and doesn't work, right?

I noticed that too, I have been trying to find a way to stop that

#42 sup

sup

Seeker

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 11:31 AM

edit edit

Edited by sup, 08 January 2004 - 02:15 PM.

#43 escrima

escrima

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 02:26 PM

edit edit

why did you remove your script?

#44 Guest_meow84_*

Guest_meow84_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2004 - 02:28 PM

ermz guys can anyone tell me why i have problem sending my "{Enter}"??
do anyone of you all have this problem???

#45 FFXI_Fisherman

FFXI_Fisherman

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 04:37 PM

Here is my modification to the script. Ive ran it for about 16 hours with no problems.

It rebaits the hook with a lug worm after every cast and requips a Bambo Rod also. Just change those text lines to work with the bait and rod you are using.

Later today I may try to incoperate the suggested Alt-I for inventory to get rid of all the mouse arrow ups and downs.

Plain Text         
Sleep (120000);give time to open FFXI $fisha = 1;set variable for attempt # display AutoItSetOption("SendKeyDelay", 23);slow key delay a bit While $fisha > 0;infinite loop Send ("/echo Fishing{!}{ENTER}");display macro starting Send ("/fish{ENTER}");start the 'fishing' action reel() Sleep (10000);delay between scripts autosort() AutoItSetOption("SendKeyDelay", 23);slow key delay a bit Sleep (1000);wait for timed delay $fisha = $fisha + 1;increase fishing attempts WEnd Func autosort() Send ("{ESCAPE}");exits menu incase any are open Send ("{ESCAPE}");exits menu incase any are open AutoItSetOption("SendKeyDelay", 200);slow key delay a bit Send ("{NUMPADSUB}");opens menu Send ("{DOWN}");moves menu down 1 Sleep (0100);Sleep for a little bit Send ("{DOWN}");moves menu down 1 Send ("{DOWN}");moves menu down 1 Sleep (0100);Sleep for a little bit Send ("{ENTER}");enter the item menu Send ("{NUMPADADD}");goes to sort Sleep (0100);Sleep for a little bit Send ("{ENTER}");enters stack menu Send ("{up}");sends it up Sleep (0100);Sleep for a little bit Send ("{ENTER}");complete auto stack Send ("{ESCAPE}");exits menu Sleep (0100);Sleep for a little bit Send ("{UP}");moves menu up 1 Send ("{UP}");moves menu up 1 Sleep (0100);Sleep for a little bit Send ("{UP}");moves menu up 1 Send ("{ESCAPE}");exits complete to finish stack AutoItSetOption("SendKeyDelay", 23);slow key delay a bit Sleep (0100) Send ('/equip ammo "Lugworm"{ENTER}');rebait with Lugworm Sleep (0100) Send ('/equip range "Bamboo Fish. Rod"{ENTER}');re-equip rod incase of break EndFunc Func reel() $attempts = 1;set the attempts variable Sleep (6000) While $attempts < 17 Mouseclick("Left");Click to reel Sleep (2000) $attempts = $attempts + 1 WEND EndFunc

**EDIT**
This modification to the script will cause it to left click and open the small menu, and possible even open a /say box. That is normal and is accounted for with the 2 Send ("{ESCAPE}") at the begining of the sort function to close those windows.

Just wanted to make sure you guys knew that so you didnt freak when other windows started opening for no reason. :whistle:

Edited by FFXI_Fisherman, 08 January 2004 - 06:33 PM.

#46 escrima

escrima

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 05:00 PM

am i reading this right? you have

$attempts = 1;set the attempts varialbe

at this point attempts = 1

While $attempts < 17

ok, this is saying, while $attempts is less than 17, do this

Mouseclick("Left");Click to reel Sleep (2000) $attempts = $attempts + 1

at this point attempts = 2

then it loops,

$attempts = 1;set the attempts varialbe[CODE] attempts goes back to 1 Why do you have [CODE]While $attempts < 17

Why is 17 signifigant? Is there something i'm missing? can you clikc your mouse only up to 16 times? please explain. Thanks a lot!

Edited by escrima, 08 January 2004 - 05:04 PM.

#47 escrima

escrima

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 05:04 PM

ermz guys can anyone tell me why i have problem sending my "{Enter}"??
do anyone of you all have this problem???

post the script you using

#48 FFXI_Fisherman

FFXI_Fisherman

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 05:10 PM

Im using 17 becuase after a bit of trial an error I found that if i only looped through 15 times i would ocassionaly miss a bite if it was at the very last instance possible to catch a fish. So I added 2 extra reels to make absolutly sure there are no bites after I stop reeling.

I think from beging to end of fishing is 11 to 12 seconds. However if you get a bite right before that 12th second, your toon will try to catch that fish for another 4 or 5 seconds. If he is still trying to catch that fish when the sort() function kicks in all sorts of things get screwed up. So I have it reel a few extra times just to make absolutly sure that doesnt happen.

Edited by FFXI_Fisherman, 08 January 2004 - 05:13 PM.

#49 FFXI_Fisherman

FFXI_Fisherman

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 05:20 PM

Here is the Alt-I modification to clean up the sort() function.

Its only been test for about 15 minutes, but so far works great. Use it at your own risk untill i can test it longer.
But you use any of this scripts at your own risk, so why should this one be different. :whistle:

Plain Text         
Sleep (120000);give time to open FFXI $fisha = 1;set variable for attempt # display AutoItSetOption("SendKeyDelay", 23);slow key delay a bit While $fisha > 0;infinite loop Send ("/echo Fishing{!}{ENTER}");display macro starting Send ("/fish{ENTER}");start the 'fishing' action reel() Sleep (10000);delay between scripts autosort() AutoItSetOption("SendKeyDelay", 23);slow key delay a bit Sleep (1000);wait for timed delay $fisha = $fisha + 1;increase fishing attempts WEnd Func autosort() Send ("{ESCAPE}");exits menu incase any are open Send ("{ESCAPE}");exits menu incase any are open AutoItSetOption("SendKeyDelay", 200);slow key delay a bit Send("!i") Sleep (0100);Sleep for a little bit Send ("{NUMPADADD}");goes to sort Sleep (0100);Sleep for a little bit Send ("{ENTER}");enters stack menu Send ("{up}");sends it up Sleep (0100);Sleep for a little bit Send ("{ENTER}");complete auto stack Send ("{ESCAPE}");exits menu AutoItSetOption("SendKeyDelay", 23);slow key delay a bit Sleep (0100) Send ('/equip ammo "Lugworm"{ENTER}');rebait with Lugworm Sleep (0100) Send ('/equip range "Bamboo Fish. Rod"{ENTER}');re-equip rod incase of break EndFunc Func reel() $attempts = 1;set the attempts variable Sleep (6000) While $attempts < 17 Mouseclick("Left");Click to reel Sleep (2000) $attempts = $attempts + 1 WEND EndFunc

Edited by FFXI_Fisherman, 08 January 2004 - 06:33 PM.

#50 escrima

escrima

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 05:25 PM

Here is the Alt-I modification to clean up the sort() function.

Its only been test for about 15 minutes, but so far works great.  Use it at your own risk untill i can test it longer.
But you use any of this scripts at your own risk, so why should this one be different. :whistle:

Plain Text         
Sleep (120000);give time to open FFXI $fisha = 1;set variable for attempt # display AutoItSetOption("SendKeyDelay", 23);slow key delay a bit While $fisha > 0;infinite loop Send ("/echo Fishing{!}{ENTER}");display macro starting Send ("/fish{ENTER}");start the 'fishing' action reel() Sleep (10000);delay between scripts autosort() AutoItSetOption("SendKeyDelay", 23);slow key delay a bit Sleep (1000);wait for timed delay $fisha = $fisha + 1;increase fishing attempts WEnd Func autosort() Send ("{ESCAPE}");exits menu incase any are open Send ("{ESCAPE}");exits menu incase any are open AutoItSetOption("SendKeyDelay", 200);slow key delay a bit Send("!i") Sleep (0100);Sleep for a little bit Send ("{NUMPADADD}");goes to sort Sleep (0100);Sleep for a little bit Send ("{ENTER}");enters stack menu Send ("{up}");sends it up Sleep (0100);Sleep for a little bit Send ("{ENTER}");complete auto stack Send ("{ESCAPE}");exits menu AutoItSetOption("SendKeyDelay", 23);slow key delay a bit Sleep (0100) Send ('/equip ammo "Lugworm"{ENTER}');rebait with Lugworm Sleep (0100) Send ('/equip range "Bamboo Fish. Rod"{ENTER}');re-equip rod incase of break EndFunc Func reel() $attempts = 1;set the attempts varialbe Sleep (6000) While $attempts < 17 Mouseclick("Left");Click to reel Sleep (2000) $attempts = $attempts + 1 WEND EndFunc

I was using an alt i script of my own last night and my system crash 2 times, two hours apart... this could be from a lot of things, other things i've added also.. please let us know if you find that happens to you.

#51 FFXI_Fisherman

FFXI_Fisherman

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 05:27 PM

Will do, been running for about 1/2 an hour now with no issues. I'll keep you posted.

I have noticed and occasional hiccup betweeing the Echo and the /fish so ive added a Sleep (0100) between then to try to fix that.

Edited by FFXI_Fisherman, 08 January 2004 - 05:30 PM.

#52 escrima

escrima

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 07:24 PM

Quote from a ffxi site. I found it very interesting. Although the part about having the program take a screenshot while your fishing, then doing some type of compare or image recogn. sounds a bit fishy. But who knows what those crazy japanese players have come up with having this game been out for a year 1/2 for them.

I was wondering about this myself as I've seen the same lady in windurst woods fishing since day 1.  I know a lot of people have raised the whole "Bot" question, so I decided to poke around a bit myself. I finally found a program that I'm sure most of the botters are using. It will only work with the japanese version of the game, but they've had it for a year longer, and I'm sure the American cheaters will catch up soon. I'm not going to post the link as I really don't want to promote the cheating. Espicially since my fishing skill is up to 23, and I did it the hard way. As a programmer though, I looked at all of the code (Yes it came with source), and I can tell you exactly how it works: 1. It is mostly done in perl script, and it makes calls to a few command line exe's that were written in C. 2. The question that I've seen a lot of people ask is, "how does it know when to hit enter?". I had the same question, and the answer was surprisingly simple. One of the command line exe's takes screen locations as a parameter, and it does a small screen capture of the bottom of the text window and saves it to a file. Included with the program are different screen captures of things like, "Something caught the hook!". At least that's what I'll assume it is, as it is in japanese. It then compares the two, and if they match, it hits enter. 3. The script is quite sophisticated. I believe that it will respond to tells with canned answers, although I'm not sure as this part was in Japanese, and or Unicode. I do know however, that it will play a sound as an alarm when it thinks that someone is trying to catch you (such as a tell). I think it can also detect if a GM has moved you by checking for the "You can't fish here message". 4. Of course the script will also change bait for you and sort your inventory for you. My guess would be that it probably even waits for your inventory to be full, but th code is very cryptic and hard to read. I'm sure half of you won't believe me, but I found the program through a link that I followed on a post on this site, so if you're that determined, go find it. I'm posting this as anonymous because I don't really want to be bugged about it, but it does exist, and I'm sure people are using it. What I can't wait for is a program that will also go and sell the moat carp at the AH for profit, while crafting my bait, and also watch the economy to ensure maximum profit from moat carp. Maybe instead, it could hop on a chocobo and ride to Sandoria to turn them in so that I could get the special rod. Then it could go out and level my character to 75 so I wouldn't have to bother with that. Eventually I wouldn't even have to play... Man, THAT WOULD ROCK.

#53 FFXI_Fisherman

FFXI_Fisherman

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 07:39 PM

The screenshot part is possible. There is a program that does something similar for EQ, to watch your HP. You have to set the location and length of your HP bar and it would sample certain pixel to determine what your current HP was so you could set events based on you HP level.

Actually what he describes is basicaly what the program was able to do in EQ, including the canned answers to tells and all. It could even recongnize a tell from a GM and immediatly log you off.

But last i checked that program was not working with FFXI correctly.

#54 blt

blt

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 09:28 PM

one thing I do want to post here is I never intended to create a program that will basically make you NOT have to play so please do not ask me to help with any such programs... The sole intention of creating a bot to fish with is to make a little extra money for those that are having a hard time doing so.. or even automate your fishing process while you fish... One thing I do not do is leave the fishing script running while I am AFK i only use the script so I dont have to keep manually hitting enter alt+f1 blah blah blah... I guess there will always be programmers that want to see what they can do... but I beg do not turn this into EQ... PLEASE!... with that I will no longer be helping with any codeing on this site as I can see where its going... good luck to everyone =/

#55 sup

sup

Seeker

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 10:11 PM

one thing I do want to post here is I never intended to create a program that will basically make you NOT have to play so please do not ask me to help with any such programs... The sole intention of creating a bot to fish with is to make a little extra money for those that are having a hard time doing so.. or even automate your fishing process while you fish... One thing I do not do is leave the fishing script running while I am AFK i only use the script so I dont have to keep manually hitting enter alt+f1 blah blah blah... I guess there will always be programmers that want to see what they can do... but I beg do not turn this into EQ... PLEASE!... with that I will no longer be helping with any codeing on this site as I can see where its going... good luck to everyone =/

Uh, the Japanese have been doing this for a while and knowing them everything that can be exploited in the game has been exploited. I'm just going off of their pro-fighting game scene which I am intensely into. The game is ALSO still growing, level caps are in creasing, please calm down.

#56 sup

sup

Seeker

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 10:14 PM

Quote from a ffxi site.  I found it very interesting. Although the part about having the program take a screenshot while your fishing, then doing some type of compare or image recogn. sounds a bit fishy.  But who knows what those crazy japanese players have come up with having this game been out for a year 1/2 for them.

I was wondering about this myself as I've seen the same lady in windurst woods fishing since day 1.  I know a lot of people have raised the whole "Bot" question, so I decided to poke around a bit myself. I finally found a program that I'm sure most of the botters are using. It will only work with the japanese version of the game, but they've had it for a year longer, and I'm sure the American cheaters will catch up soon. I'm not going to post the link as I really don't want to promote the cheating. Espicially since my fishing skill is up to 23, and I did it the hard way. As a programmer though, I looked at all of the code (Yes it came with source), and I can tell you exactly how it works: 1. It is mostly done in perl script, and it makes calls to a few command line exe's that were written in C. 2. The question that I've seen a lot of people ask is, "how does it know when to hit enter?". I had the same question, and the answer was surprisingly simple. One of the command line exe's takes screen locations as a parameter, and it does a small screen capture of the bottom of the text window and saves it to a file. Included with the program are different screen captures of things like, "Something caught the hook!". At least that's what I'll assume it is, as it is in japanese. It then compares the two, and if they match, it hits enter. 3. The script is quite sophisticated. I believe that it will respond to tells with canned answers, although I'm not sure as this part was in Japanese, and or Unicode. I do know however, that it will play a sound as an alarm when it thinks that someone is trying to catch you (such as a tell). I think it can also detect if a GM has moved you by checking for the "You can't fish here message". 4. Of course the script will also change bait for you and sort your inventory for you. My guess would be that it probably even waits for your inventory to be full, but th code is very cryptic and hard to read. I'm sure half of you won't believe me, but I found the program through a link that I followed on a post on this site, so if you're that determined, go find it. I'm posting this as anonymous because I don't really want to be bugged about it, but it does exist, and I'm sure people are using it. What I can't wait for is a program that will also go and sell the moat carp at the AH for profit, while crafting my bait, and also watch the economy to ensure maximum profit from moat carp. Maybe instead, it could hop on a chocobo and ride to Sandoria to turn them in so that I could get the special rod. Then it could go out and level my character to 75 so I wouldn't have to bother with that. Eventually I wouldn't even have to play... Man, THAT WOULD ROCK.

I have the JP program and it needs a LOT of translating. heh, this program should be limited to the use of mages, sam/nin, and rangers. the rest of you got NO PROBLEM farming.

#57 Guest_Lockee_*

Guest_Lockee_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2004 - 11:50 PM

blt , You sound ike your pleading ignorance, wasent it Obvious that we were talking about that kind of macroing? I had a friend that said he didnt like coke, but he drank the whole bottle !!! PALEASE :whistle:

#58 Guest_meow84_*

Guest_meow84_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2004 - 12:14 AM

ok.. i posted a few post about this aready, and noone seems to be helping me out,
i just needed a simple reply? would be glad if anyone could help me.

i'm currently using win 98 SE, i'm using the newest AUTOIT program, and i got it running smoothly on trial runs, but when i run it in game, it has the problem of
Send("{ENTER}") i cant seem to send enter into the game.

I think it's very likely of my OS program that is causing this??? any help will be great...

Edited by meow84, 09 January 2004 - 12:15 AM.

#59 escrima

escrima

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 12:26 AM

blt , You sound ike your pleading ignorance, wasent it Obvious that we were talking about that kind of macroing? I had a friend that said he didnt like coke, but he drank the whole bottle !!! PALEASE :whistle:

hahahhah

#60 Bobg

Bobg

Seeker

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 08:44 PM

I've already created my own. 1000's of lines of code... it does everything - Sorting, dropping rusty items. It even keeps logs to tell me how many moat carp, crayfish, rusty items, etc. that I've caught. It's not a random press ENTER macro... it searches for "Something caught the hook!" and presses ENTER in an amount of seconds you specify in the script. You can even set it to do a random catch delay. 100% efficient. So, yes, it is possible. Here's a screenshot if you don't believe me...

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users