This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more here. X
X

Photo

End program

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bobheart

bobheart

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 01:02 AM

have this code and want it to kill the smenu.exe but it is staying open after it runs.
Run("C:\smenu.exe", "", @SW_HIDE) ProcessClose("C:\smenu.exe") ProcessClose("C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe") Exit

I can't get the cmd.exe to close or the smenu.exe .
I open my Process to look and they are both running and if I have done it a few times they are all there .

Edited by bobheart, 07 June 2004 - 01:20 AM.

#2 CyberSlug

CyberSlug

Overwhelmed with work....

• MVPs
  • 3,587 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 01:40 AM

:D Process names are executables without the full path, e.g., "notepad.exe" or "winword.exe"

ProcessClose("smenu.exe")
ProcessClose("cmd.exe")
Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

#3 bobheart

bobheart

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 02:06 AM

No won't kill them . well it kills the cmd.exe But I can't kill that smenu.exe . it has that damn nag screen that it wants you to click anykey to close it . how could i just do a keypress then that would close it .

#4 bobheart

bobheart

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 02:33 AM

Thats ok i got it to work now . thanks for the help .

#5 tutor2000

tutor2000

Universalist

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 06:51 PM

No won't kill them . well it kills the cmd.exe But I can't kill that smenu.exe . it has that damn nag screen that it wants you to click anykey to close it . how could i just do a keypress then that would close it .

Is that still the shareware program you're messing with?

What does it do?

Rick
Only $2.00 with Resale Rights How to Block Better for Martial Artists and NonMartial Artistshttp://kirkhamsebooks.com/MartialArts/Bloc...tterEbook_m.htm

#6 bobheart

bobheart

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 07:08 PM

It will take a bat file and make an exe out of it .
There is a free one that does the samething but it runs on command to use it and I can't seem to get it to work .
I did find some cool programs that work good
http://www.bartdart.com/
I like the kill proc
KillProc will terminate a process given a window name. It is useful for scripting when you will not know the name of the process, or you only want to terminate a process if a certain window title appears. Terminating a process will close all windows associated with the process.
I made a butch file with it and run it afater the other one rus and it kills it just fine ..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users