Beta of New AutoIt3 Tidy

Jos

I have rewritten Tidy as Console Application by manually converting the AutoIt3 script to BCX/Pelles_C.

This Tidy version is, depending on the size and complexity of the script, up to 50 times faster.

Some test results on a Pentium M 1.60 GHz:
    Script Lines   Old_Tidy  New_Tidy
      400           4 seconds  0.7 second
     1400          22 seconds  1.0 second
     9800         170 seconds  3.6 seconds
    17680         310 seconds  6.6 seconds

The Tidy default options are located in Tidy.Ini and can also be set via Commandline or Directive parameters. Tidy will read the #Tidy_Parameters directive and use it to set/override options.

see helpfile for details.

The attached ZIPfile contain the Tidy2 RC1 version and the draft Helpfile page.

Requesting some feedback from you all to ensure it is working properly before releasing it with the next SciTE4AutoIt3 installer !

To install this version :

1. Save your current Tidy.exe and Tidy.ini.

2. Download the attached Zip file and copy the Tidy.exe and Tidy.ini to the Tidy program directory.

3. Update au3.properties Tidy setting with the following lines:

# 09 JdeB's Tidy formatting program for Autoit3 
command.9.$(file.patterns.au3)="$(SciteDefaultHome)\tidy\tidy.exe" "$(FilePath)"
command.name.9.$(file.patterns.au3)=Tidy AutoIt Source
command.subsystem.9.$(file.patterns.au3)=0
command.save.before.9.$(file.patterns.au3)=1
command.shortcut.9.$(file.patterns.au3)=Ctrl+T
command.is.filter.9.$(file.patterns.au3)=1

4. Make sure you have au3.api in the Tidy directory. Should be when you have kept up-to-date.

EDIT: Tidy 2.0 RC2

- Fixed the generated doc file Func and Variable Xref report (Tnx Mhz)

- Fixed spacing between ( and "string"

EDIT: Released with SciTE4AutoIt3..

Enjoy,

:P

Hi. Sorry for asking such a stupid question but.. where is the link to download it? I can't find it lol.. :">

• Moderators

Hi. Sorry for asking such a stupid question but.. where is the link to download it? I can't find it lol.. :">

Released with SciTE4AutoIt3..

In case you don't know where that is:

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/downloads.php

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

I found a bug. Here is a script to replicate the problem:

Dim $var = 1
If $var = 1 Then
    Call("TestFunc")
EndIf

Func TestFunc()
    MsgBox(0,"Hi", "This is a MsgBox")
EndFunc

The Call causes Tidy to crash, comment it out and Tidy runs normally.

Edited by RazerM
My Programs:AInstall - Create a standalone installer for your programUnit Converter - Converts Length, Area, Volume, Weight, Temperature and Pressure to different unitsBinary Clock - Hours, minutes and seconds have 10 columns each to display timeAutoIt Editor - Code Editor with Syntax Highlighting.Laserix Editor & Player - Create, Edit and Play Laserix LevelsLyric Syncer - Create and use Synchronised Lyrics.Connect 4 - 2 Player Connect 4 Game (Local or Online!, Formatted Chat!!)MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, Tiger and Whirlpool Hash Finder - Dictionary and Brute Force FindCool Text Client - Create Rendered ImageMy UDF's:GUI Enhance - Enhance your GUIs visually.IDEA File Encryption - Encrypt and decrypt files easily! File Rename - Rename files easilyRC4 Text Encryption - Encrypt text using the RC4 AlgorithmPrime Number - Check if a number is primeString Remove - remove lots of strings at onceProgress Bar - made easySound UDF - Play, Pause, Resume, Seek and Stop.

• Developers

I found a bug. Here is a script to replicate the problem:

Dim $var = 1
If $var = 1 Then
    Call("TestFunc")
EndIf

Func TestFunc()
    MsgBox(0,"Hi", "This is a MsgBox")
EndFunc

The Call causes Tidy to crash, comment it out and Tidy runs normally.

Have you updated to the released version or is this the last posted Beta you are using ?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Is the Tidy located at http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/download/Tidy.exe the latest one, because that doesn't crash although the one i thought was the latest did.

My Programs:AInstall - Create a standalone installer for your programUnit Converter - Converts Length, Area, Volume, Weight, Temperature and Pressure to different unitsBinary Clock - Hours, minutes and seconds have 10 columns each to display timeAutoIt Editor - Code Editor with Syntax Highlighting.Laserix Editor & Player - Create, Edit and Play Laserix LevelsLyric Syncer - Create and use Synchronised Lyrics.Connect 4 - 2 Player Connect 4 Game (Local or Online!, Formatted Chat!!)MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, Tiger and Whirlpool Hash Finder - Dictionary and Brute Force FindCool Text Client - Create Rendered ImageMy UDF's:GUI Enhance - Enhance your GUIs visually.IDEA File Encryption - Encrypt and decrypt files easily! File Rename - Rename files easilyRC4 Text Encryption - Encrypt text using the RC4 AlgorithmPrime Number - Check if a number is primeString Remove - remove lots of strings at onceProgress Bar - made easySound UDF - Play, Pause, Resume, Seek and Stop.

• Developers

Is the Tidy located at http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/download/Tidy.exe the latest one, because that doesn't crash although the one i thought was the latest did.

I know this issue existed in Beta 2 but was fixed before the official release that is released with the SciTE4AutoIt3 installer.... Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)