XProTec.au3 = automated Protect and get *Paid*

Valuater

I am sure all three of you are not aware that to have a program do all of the things "XProTec" does, it requires private information. There are access codes, servers, names, and passwords that were necessary to encypt.

8)

you're right of course. sorry.

but still, what about the donating thing?

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN

. Anyways what about those of us like me that don't have any way to donate to autoit? I'm not old enough to use paypal, nor do I have a bank account or credit card at my disposal. I think most of the scripts in the forums deserve to be open source. But hey that's just my opinion. Once again I will have to make my own version of a program.

I had to think about this for a while..... but, do you realize exactly what you said????

no way to pay, too young to have paypal, no bank account, no credit card...... make your own version????

its obvious..... this program is not for you.... no one can pay YOU!

additionally i am paying the server fees as my donation.... on top of testing and making donations...

and you dont need to pay for a server.... thats part of "any" donation

8)

NEWHeader1.png

so, you're saying that we should remake our own version of this program, to get around the payment limitations. We should just remake what you already made for our use, so that we don't have to donate to autoit to use your program? Sorry, but do you realize how that sounds??

so, you're saying that we should remake our own version of this program, to get around the payment limitations. We should just remake what you already made for our use, so that we don't have to donate to autoit to use your program? Sorry, but do you realize how that sounds?? Edited by theguy0000

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN

so, you're saying that we should remake our own version of this program, to get around the payment limitations. We should just remake what you already made for our use, so that we don't have to donate to autoit to use your program? Sorry, but do you realize how that sounds??

Yes I do.... exactly ( not my in words or thoughts of-course ... and as i already explained )

You dont need to pay $5, $10, $15 a month for a server, I have provided that for a one time donation, not to me, but to Autoit in any amount!

I created this to use on my own projects... Then, I thought I would offer it to others for less money then they would most likely pay just for a server ( like I did ) and they wouldn't have to build it either ( like I did ) ... and to help Autoit!

with that logic, do you realize how your response sounds...

be my guest, build one.... a better one and I will use it too!

8)

Edited by Valuater

NEWHeader1.png

• Moderators

I think you guys that are complaining are missing the point. Do you own any software that you've ever paid for? Do you own any software that asked for a donation to use it? If not, you're missing out and or in for a long haul in your aging process. The term Moocher comes to mind when I read all 3 of your threads.

Here is a product (AutoIt that is), that up until recently, never even had a donate button on the forum itself... You get 24 hour support for all of your problems (AutoIt related or not!)... and you get to steal ideas of other peoples hard work (sometimes these things can take months to get right) that will give you some type of gratification (physically or mentally).

From what I've read, Valuater has not asked for 1 cent for himself (I think I read that), is paying a cost to provide the service with his own bandwidth (I know I read that), and yet you still want to complain? It's been my experience in life, that complainers are ones that know they can't achieve what others have... So instead of saying "yet" another one I'll have to make, or it should be "Free" or "Open Source" (I'd like to see where it says that in the "rules of posting" that you 3 are reading from), be like Nike (the company)... Get off your behind and Just Do It!

P.S. For those of you on this forum that use the exscuse [Whiney Voice]I can't donate because I'm too young...[/Whiney Voice]. You'd be amazed at how young you could start opening up different types of accounts, and some of them come with checks/check cards (visa | master card | etc..) that give you a means to pay/donate... If that still doesn't work, then how did you get most of the material things you have now? When you want something that you can't get on your own, who do you ask? It could even go a tad like this:

Hey (Mom/Dad/GrandMa/Lady on the street I've never met before/or whomever).... There is this great scripting language out there that is helping me learn a great deal, that could open my mind up to many things to come for my future, currently I'm taking advantage of all their hospitality and hard work, but I'd like to give something back, do you mind helping me to donate a few dollars to them so they can continue to strive?

Just my 25 cents!

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Yes I do.... exactly ( not my in words or thoughts of-course ... and as i already explained )

You dont need to pay $5, $10, $15 a month for a server, I have provided that for a one time donation, not to me, but to Autoit in any amount!

I created this to use on my own projects... Then, I thought I would offer it to others for less money then they would most likely pay just for a server ( like I did ) and they wouldn't have to build it either ( like I did ) ... and to help Autoit!

with that logic, do you realize how your response sounds...

be my guest, build one.... a better one and I will use it too!

8)

You're right. Sorry.

and whats the cheese mean? :P

So you MUST donate to autoit to use this program? I think that's kind of...I won't say it. Anyways what about those of us like me that don't have any way to donate to autoit? I'm not old enough to use paypal, nor do I have a bank account or credit card at my disposal. I think most of the scripts in the forums deserve to be open source. But hey that's just my opinion. Once again I will have to make my own version of a program.

Just take $20 out of your father's wallet, put it in a plain white envelope and place the envelope under the napkin holder at the Panera bread store in Portsmouth. Post here when you have done this. I will drive over and pick up the money and make the donation to Paypal for you...
...by the way, it's pronounced: "JIF"... Bob Berry --- inventor of the GIF format

Well... dah!!!

I thought i had all the bases covered.....but noooo!!!!

I needed a "free-limited" program... so I am adding $U_Return = 0 ( Or $U_Return = 1 )

XProTec($D_Mail, $D_Program, $U_Price = 0, $U_Trial = 0, $U_License = 1, $D_License = 1, $D_PayPal = 1, $D_Link = 1, $U_Return = 0 )

the $U_return = 1 will remain as before... pay or quit

$U_Return = 0 will return control to the developer with

(0, 6, "Freeware Limited") [ past trial period ]

then the developer can use the extended return of "6" to put messeages in his program to remind user and limit the program

example

Dim $Limited = ""

XProTec($D_Mail, $D_Program, $U_Price = 0, $U_Trial = 0, $U_License = 1, $D_License = 1, $D_PayPal = 1, $D_Link = 1, $U_Return = 0 )

if @Extended = 6 then $Limited = 1

for $x = 1 to $jobs[0]
if $Limited then MsgBox(64,"Freeware Limited", "Please Register for unlimited use") ; or whatever
run($job[$x]
next

or...

If $Limited then Sleep(10000) ; slow it down too!

or...

IF $Limited then GUICtrlSetState( $Save_Button, $GUI_DISABLE)

will post this new addition soon

8)

Edited by Valuater

NEWHeader1.png

• 2 weeks later...

I am all for the donation idea and think its very nice of you to think of the program that made is possible for this to happen in the first place, Im sorry if Im being dense and it was covered somewhere but, just to be clear this script uses your server(s)? but just needed clarification that the server backend will be yours. If thats a yes will there be a choice down the road where after donations we can use our servers instead of yours? (i may or may not have a problem with current method but my client might be a different story) so I would like to be clear on my info before I ever present it to a client/user I hope you understand :)

I am all for the donation idea and think its very nice of you to think of the program that made is possible for this to happen in the first place, Im sorry if Im being dense and it was covered somewhere but, just to be clear this script uses your server(s)? If thats a yes but just needed clarification that the server backend will be yours.will there be a choice down the road where after donations we can use our servers instead of yours? (i may or may not have a problem with current method but my client might be a different story) so I would like to be clear on my info before I ever present it to a client/user I hope you understand :)

thank you...

my server is utilized....

actually yes, the clear code un-obfuscated is yours also

and you may use your own servers

8)

NEWHeader1.png