New SciTE4AutoIt3 with SciTE v1.71

Jos

• Developers

8/21/2006: Uploaded a new SciTe4AutoIt3.exe installer which contains the new SciTE 1.71 released today.

SciTE 1.71 is mainly bug fixes but there is one nice update. The $(CurrentWord) now uses the word.characters for au3,

which means that pressing F1 on Macros now also open the helpfile on the proper page.

This installer also contains the New Tidy for AutoIt3 which is a lot faster than the old version.

See below for the list of all changes.

Happy Scripting :P

==> ScitillaHistory page containing all SciTE/Scintilla updates.

==> Visit the SciTe4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions

==> Check the online documentation for an overview of all extras you get with this installer.

Enjoy,

Updates:

8/21/2006
*** Updated SciTE v 1.71
*** Rewritten Tidy as Console Application v 2.0. (JdeB)
    Tidy is now converted to BCX/Pelles_C and is, depending on the size and complexity of the script, up to 50 times faster.
    Some test results on a Pentium M 1.60 GHz:
    Script Lines   Old_Tidy  New_Tidy
      400           4 seconds  0.7 second
     1400          22 seconds  1.0 second
     9800         170 seconds  3.6 seconds
    17680         310 seconds  6.6 seconds
    The Tidy default options are located in Tidy.Ini and can also be set via Commandline or Directive parameters.
    Tidy will read the #Tidy_Parameters directive and use it to set/override options.   
    see helpfile for details on the parameters/INI file settings.
    Also made updates to the Documentation file that is optionally generated.
*** Updated AutoIt3Wrapper v1.7.1 (JdeB)
    - Added option to run Tidy at Compile time before the AU3Check. Added 3 #Compiler Directives to support that.
    - Fixed path search for AU3Check when using Ctrl+F7 (Compile with Options)
*** Updated SciTEConfig v1.6.2 (JdeB)
    - Fixed msgbox for version check.
*** Updated UpdateDefs v1.3 (JdeB)
    - Removed all AU3Check logic. Au3Check is now supplied via the AutoIt3 installer.
*** Updated Koda with v 1.5.
*** Removed AU3check program and definitions. This is now supplied via the AutoIt3 installer.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

SciTE 1.71 is mainly bug fixes but there is one nice update. The $(CurrentWord) now uses the word.characters for au3,

which means that pressing F1 on Macros now also open the helpfile on the proper page.

That's a nice side effect. When I added the per-lexer word.characters, I was interested in having it capture periods because I wrote a replacement for SciTE's built-in "Open Selected Filename" (in AutoIt, of course). I needed a tool that could detect which version of AutoIt I had active and open the proper include file for stable or beta.

Although not as useful as for macros, it appears that pre-processor statements are now correctly opened in the help file, too.

• Developers

The install package is still from 6/26/06 JdeB.

There will be a time i get used to unix machines and file names being case sensative...

It was there only with the wrong name... should be fine now ....

:P

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

8/21/2006: Uploaded a new SciTe4AutoIt3.exe installer which contains the new SciTE 1.71 released today.

This installer also contains the New Tidy for AutoIt3 which is a lot faster than the old version.

See below for the list of all changes.

Happy Scripting :P

==> ScitillaHistory page containing all SciTE/Scintilla updates.

==> Visit the SciTe4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions

==> Check the online documentation for an overview of all extras you get with this installer.

Enjoy,

I thought this would update from 1.70 to 1.71 "SciTe4Au3Upd.exe" , that didn't work.

I uploaded the new version.

Thanks, ViM

• Developers

I thought this would update from 1.70 to 1.71 "SciTe4Au3Upd.exe" , that didn't work.

I uploaded the new version.

Thanks, ViM

Yes to does update from 1.70 to 1.71.

Please clear your IE cach and try again. I had an issue earlier with a wrong filename case.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Hi,

just one thing: after updateing I get an error message when running a script out of Scite. As it seems, some of the pathes are hard-coded. Ony my german XP system, this leads to

+> Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.1.7.1
! *** AU3CHECK Error: *** Skipping AU3Check: C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\au3check.exe Not Found !

He should look in "c:\programme\autoit3\" instead.

Hope I did not miss something obvious... :P

Any of my own codes posted on the forum are free for use by others without any restriction of any kind. (WTFPL)

• Developers

Hi,

just one thing: after updateing I get an error message when running a script out of Scite. As it seems, some of the pathes are hard-coded. Ony my german XP system, this leads to

! *** AU3CHECK Error: *** Skipping AU3Check: C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\au3check.exe Not Found !

He should look in "c:\programme\autoit3\" instead.

Hope I did not miss something obvious... :P

Please also show the first couple of lines from the outputpane so I can see what is started.

It normally should get the autoit3 program directory from the commandline.......

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Sory, full log here (and yes, it does get the wrong path here):

>"C:\Programme\AutoIt3\SciTe\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\exbag\Eigene Dateien\test.au3" /autoit3dir "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3" /UserParams   

>Running:(3.2.0.1):C:\Programme\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\exbag\Eigene Dateien\test.au3"  
+>AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:0
>Exit code: 0   Time: 1.806

By the way, pressing F1 causes Scite to try invoking a help file in c:\program files\autoit3\ also... :P

Edited by Marc

Any of my own codes posted on the forum are free for use by others without any restriction of any kind. (WTFPL)

• Developers

Sory, full log here (and yes, it does get the wrong path here):

>"C:\Programme\AutoIt3\SciTe\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\exbag\Eigene Dateien\test.au3" /autoit3dir "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3" /UserParams   

>Running:(3.2.0.1):C:\Programme\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\exbag\Eigene Dateien\test.au3"  
+>AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:0
>Exit code: 0   Time: 1.806

By the way, pressing F1 causes Scite to try invoking a help file in c:\program files\autoit3\ also... :P

For some reason your autoit3dir parameter in au3.properties is wrong... Just change this line:

# *** Specify here your AutoIt program directory ***

autoit3dir=C:\Program Files\AutoIt3

to

# *** Specify here your AutoIt program directory ***

autoit3dir=C:\Programme\AutoIt3

It should be set automatically when UpdateDefs.exe is run at the end of the install process.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

aah, excellent, thank you very much! :P

Just ran the updatedefs manually which changed the setting to the correct value.

• Developers

I downloaded the 1.71 and installed it fine. However, I was not able to get the SciTEconfig.exe file. it showed a page not found. is the link broken? thanks.

I don't know which link you mean..

SciTEConfig is installed with the SciTE4AutoIt3 installer. The link on the downloadpage works fine.

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I was having same errors as Marc after a fresh install of latest SciTE4AutoIt3.exe

I'm not like normal people, I install all programming programs to my G: drive

so i just searched in SciTE folder for C:\Program Files\ and changed it to G:\Programming\ and i'm good to go

previous version set it right after install

I installed the version dated 8/21/2006

this was installed after a fresh install of AutoIt v3.2.0.1

well at least now i know to run updatedefs instead of search and replace

Small update: same effect on my own PC at home and on the pc in my office after formatting c:. It seems the updatedefs.exe is never started...

• Developers

Small update: same effect on my own PC at home and on the pc in my office after formatting c:. It seems the updatedefs.exe is never started...

Could you post the exact steps you did to get it wrong ?

I would like to see if i can replicate this to see if its a BUG somewhere...

:P

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Found the problem in the installer. I won't run updatedefs.exe in case the Beta directory didn't existed.

I re-uploaded the SciTE4AutoIt3 installer with the fix.

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Jos, the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page doesn't show any updates (the latest one is 8/21/2006). Is that the correct place to find the update?

The 8/21/2006 version is the latest installer, just updated it with the fix. (I left it the same date since the above is only an issue for people not using "C:\program files\AutoIt3" for their autoit3 directory.)

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.