GUI Designer: Koda 1.7.3.0

Lazycat

After long period of silence here a new beta version :shocked:

Hi Lazycat

Thanks for new version.

Align controls menu is GREAT! But little question: What control is dominant for align when I select more controls (by hand holding Shift). I expect it should be the first selected, but it's not.

Also little cosmetic Align controls menu in toolbar should be disabled when no control is selected (like menu)

In Options/Toolbars: after renaming new toolbar (dialog with title: Input new name) is corrupted scrollbar in Listview with all commands

EDIT:

another problem with customized user toolbars: when I added some commands on user toolbar 2 and 3 then it's on third row which is out of window scope

Edited by Zedna

Align controls menu is GREAT! But little question: What control is dominant for align when I select more controls (by hand holding Shift). I expect it should be the first selected, but it's not.

Yeah, now they work as internally coded in ExtLib component... so, for example, left align is always align controls by most left control. It's easy to override behaviour to one you expect (btw, delphi itself is "first selected control" aware), I'm will do that.

Also little cosmetic Align controls menu in toolbar should be disabled when no control is selected (like menu)

I know, but here a little problem though, still need to resolve.

In Options/Toolbars: after renaming new toolbar (dialog with title: Input new name) is corrupted scrollbar in Listview with all commands

Yes, weird effect.

another problem with customized user toolbars: when I added some commands on user toolbar 2 and 3 then it's on third row which is out of window scope

Strange, I'm in my tests not get such situation. Maybe need some additional checks.

Lazycat what about adding Au3toKoda functionality to menu File/Import/Import AutoIt GUI?

There is still "Not implemented yet" :shocked:

I think with new Koda betas is time for that.

Thanks

@Zedna. Au3toKoda would only be useful for old scripts wouldn't it?

@Lazycat. The update is great - thanks.

One small point, Horizontal is spelt with 'z' not 's'.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

A new beta is out:

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/lookfar/koda_2007.04.10.zip

Lazycat what about adding Au3toKoda functionality to menu File/Import/Import AutoIt GUI?

There is still "Not implemented yet" :(

Agree. Look out new beta :shocked:

One small point, Horizontal is spelt with 'z' not 's'.

Really... fixed.

the help for events editor is empty

And not only for events editor... :P

Hello folks,

Updated my Portuguese-BR (Brazilian Portuguese) translation for Koda 1.6.1.2 (MD5: C52F103AE9D2566E2623A234BE2A8D86). File available from File Manager: http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/public/koda_language_files/lang_bra.zip (6.4KB). Please, report any problems via PM. Thanks.

Best,
Euler

Acces violation in version 1.6.1.2

Steps leading to crash:

1) open Koda and on empty form place 3 buttons

2) two of them align with new align menu

3) click on third button and press Delete

And idea to add new commands to "Align menu":

- make the same width

- make the same height

- make the same size

Acces violation in version 1.6.1.2

Steps leading to crash:

1) open Koda and on empty form place 3 buttons

2) two of them align with new align menu

3) click on third button and press Delete

This not related to aligning, this is appear when deleting any button or some other controls. Actually, I found that it caused by code, that update property inspector while changing form size/pos :shocked: Quite weird. Fixed, but not solved...

And idea to add new commands to "Align menu":

- make the same width

- make the same height

- make the same size

Why not? Nice idea. Though align menu become lengthy :(

Anyway, here current beta: http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/lookfar/koda_2007.04.11.zip

Note, that Advanced generate menu logic (and title) is changed, because before this was close to useless. Now it change form related params and save them with current form. The same params in the options dialog now default, and applied to new forms only.

Thanks for fixing and improving Lazycat.

Another idea to add new functionality to "Align menu":

--> when selected more controls and invoked command "Center Horizontal in Window" or "Center Vertical in Window"

then could be centered controls as group to center and not all controls to one place one over others.

--> when selected more controls and invoked command "Center Horizontal in Window" or "Center Vertical in Window"

then could be centered controls as group to center and not all controls to one place one over others.

Don't get an thought... :shocked: Explain please?

Don't get an thought... :shocked: Explain please?

See attachments:

Koda1.png is before and koda2.png is after command "Center Horizontal in Window"

Note that all three buttons are selected

If you have buttons at the same vertical height, and you centre them about a vertical line then the buttons will all be in the same place.

The problem for me is that the option Centre Horizontal actually centres about a veritcal line, so the effects are not what I expect from the menu choices. I expected that Centre Horizontally would centre all items at the same horizontal level, but instead they are all moved to the same horizontal position.

I think the problem is the wording. Delphi does not have this problem, and CAD programs I use have the same approach as Delphi. i.e Align bottom edges, left edges etc. I think this way is more likely to be understood by everyone the same.

But I like the little alignment icons, and I think that if you choose by the icons and ignore the words it all works fine.

Edited by martin
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Koda1.png is before and koda2.png is after command "Center Horizontal in Window"

Note that all three buttons are selected

Agree, done.

The problem for me is that the option Centre Horizontal actually centres about a veritcal line, so the effects are not what I expect from the menu choices. I expected that Centre Horizontally would centre all items at the same horizontal level, but instead they are all moved to the same horizontal position.

I think the problem is the wording. Delphi does not have this problem, and CAD programs I use have the same approach as Delphi. i.e Align bottom edges, left edges etc.

Delphi have exactly the same "problem" :shocked: In group "Horizontal" option "Centers" give result equal to "Center Horizontal" in Koda... I think this need to unerstand as "move/resize along horizontal axis only".

I'm have not any CAD programs under hand, what naming convention used there?

Delphi have exactly the same "problem" :shocked: In group "Horizontal" option "Centers" give result equal to "Center Horizontal" in Koda... I think this need to unerstand as "move/resize along horizontal axis only".

I think "Center Horizontal in Window" is OK.

EDIT:

Center Horizontal in Window:

- when 1 control selected then for 1 control

- when more than 1 control selected then for whole group of controls (not for every control alone)

Edited by Zedna

I use TurboCad and the icons are a bit like your idea Lazycat, but to me the menu wording is better.

Posted Image

Delphi is like this

Posted Image

Edited by martin

I use TurboCad and the icons are a bit like your idea Lazycat, but to me the menu wording is better.

I think this good naming, now I recall that vertical centering in many cases called "middle". So I'll stick with "Center" and "Middle" terms. Plus icons explain what this mean :shocked:

In Koda 1.6.1.3 is bug with filter in Open dialogs.

Try this:

1) Open Koda

2) Invoke File/Import/Import Autoit GUI

note: in open dialog is filter for *.au3 files

3) close Open dialog

4) Invoke File/Open

--> here is bug: in this open dialog is filter only for *.au3 files

note: in this open dialog is standard filter for *.kxf and *.au3 files

I'm working on Czech language file update for new beta version ...

Edited by Zedna