GUI Designer: Koda 1.7.3.0

Lazycat

I've been around for awhile but I am new to making GUI stuff. I started playing around with Koda yesterday. I believe I am seeing a bug but I figured I'd ask first since It may just be me. I have not seen it mentioned.

I created several forms with various things in them and noticed that not all the kfx files are being saved.

try the following steps.

- make a change in form 1, don't hit save.

- click on form 2 and make another change. This time hit save.

- click back to form 1. The change I made to it is still there.

It looks like all was saved as the save button becomes grayed out regardless of what form I now click on. If however, I now exit koda and come back in then I find form 1 was unsaved.

It seems I need to hit the save button before clicking on any other form. Is this the expected behavior?

I'm using ver 1.6.0.2 that comes as part of the current Scite.

It looks like all was saved as the save button becomes grayed out regardless of what form I now click on. If however, I now exit koda and come back in then I find form 1 was unsaved.

It seems I need to hit the save button before clicking on any other form. Is this the expected behavior?

I'm using ver 1.6.0.2 that comes as part of the current Scite.

Indeed, save button should be ungrayed when switching back to unsaved form 1, this is bug.

But when you trying to close Koda while some form remain unsaved, Koda should prompt you about saving changes. You was prompted?

The second incarnation of Au3ToKoda tool is ready. Improved quality, stability etc - all as usually :) Now it on "beta" stage. Test results on real scripts are always welcome.

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/Lazycat/Au3toKoda.zip

Indeed, save button should be ungrayed when switching back to unsaved form 1, this is bug.

But when you trying to close Koda while some form remain unsaved, Koda should prompt you about saving changes. You was prompted?

No, I am not getting a prompt telling me anything when I exit.

The second incarnation of Au3ToKoda tool is ready. Improved quality, stability etc - all as usually :) Now it on "beta" stage. Test results on real scripts are always welcome.

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/Lazycat/Au3toKoda.zip

Great!!

Results from first stage of testing:

1) In limitation should be noted: Opt("GUIOnEventMode",1) see about_hyperlink.au3

2) GUISetBkColor(0x000000) is missing see Cerna.au3

3) $rb_sql_vse = GUICtrlCreateRadio("VÅ¡e", 32, 108, 49, 17, BitOR($BS_AUTORADIOBUTTON,$WS_TABSTOP))

GUICtrlSetState(-1, $GUI_CHECKED)

--> Warning unknown property "Checked" in control rb_sql_vse see Email_zak.au3

4) $Form1 = GUICreate("Hromadné emaily zákazníkům", 475, 636, -1, -1)

after conversion (changed width/height of main form):

$Form1 = GUICreate("Hromadné emaily zákazníkům", 460, 618, -1, -1) see Email_zak.au3 also in other scripts

No, I am not getting a prompt telling me anything when I exit.

I'm can't represent this... If you can write surely representable step-by-step instruction - that would be great.

1) In limitation should be noted: Opt("GUIOnEventMode",1) see about_hyperlink.au3

2) GUISetBkColor(0x000000) is missing see Cerna.au3

3) $rb_sql_vse = GUICtrlCreateRadio("VÅ¡e", 32, 108, 49, 17, BitOR($BS_AUTORADIOBUTTON,$WS_TABSTOP))

GUICtrlSetState(-1, $GUI_CHECKED)

--> Warning unknown property "Checked" in control rb_sql_vse see Email_zak.au3

4) $Form1 = GUICreate("Hromadné emaily zákazníkům", 475, 636, -1, -1)

after conversion (changed width/height of main form):

$Form1 = GUICreate("Hromadné emaily zákazníkům", 460, 618, -1, -1) see Email_zak.au3 also in other scripts

1) Yes, indeed.

2) Fixed.

3) Doh, whole GUISet* parameters parsing was broken. Fixed.

4) Seems this solved, but still have little difference - probably Koda bug.

Link on first post point to Koda home page, dowload link on home page points to ver 1.6.0.2. Sept 06.

Where is link to most current version??

eltorro

1.6.0.2 - the most current atm.

Is it possible to "group" controls?

So i can make both input and a label and drag them at the same time?

I'm sorry if this feature already exists, I'm at school and dont have access to koda atm.

Thanks

Is it possible to "group" controls?

So i can make both input and a label and drag them at the same time?

I'm sorry if this feature already exists, I'm at school and dont have access to koda atm.

Thanks

You can select more controls by holding Shift key. In object treeview you can check which controls are selected.

Then you can normaly move all selected controls.

• 3 weeks later...

I have started to use KODA converting some older non GUI scripts to GUI. A few things that don't make sense.

1. You can't paste into a property. There should be some way to allow that.

2. When you put a variable as the as the property KODA always wants to quote it. Would it be hard to not quote when the property starts with $?

3. In KODA there should be one icon that will save the kfx file, update the script and exit KODA. It would make tool switching easier.

4. On launch of KODA from SciTE your script should be saved first, otherwise changes will fall off when KODA reloads the script.

5. When you select multiple objects to move there is no indication anything is selected.

Thanks for the great work on this fantastic utility.

Hello folks,

Updated my http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/index.php?act=list&op=get&target=koda_language_files%2Flang_bra.zip translation for Koda 1.6.0.2 (after a looong time). File available from File Manager: http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/index.php?act=list&op=get&target=koda_language_files%2Flang_bra.zip (6.05KB). Please, report any problems.

Best,
Euler

1. You can't paste into a property. There should be some way to allow that.

Shift+Insert or context menus worked all the time... Ctrl+V didn't work though, not noticed it because I'm not use this combination...

2. When you put a variable as the as the property KODA always wants to quote it. Would it be hard to not quote when the property starts with $?

Use %variable% record in the property and enable "Expand %var% variables..." in the options or while advanced generation.

3. In KODA there should be one icon that will save the kfx file, update the script and exit KODA. It would make tool switching easier.

I'm think before about option, that allow "merge" those actions, but still undecided.

4. On launch of KODA from SciTE your script should be saved first, otherwise changes will fall off when KODA reloads the script.

This is not Koda related request :whistle:

5. When you select multiple objects to move there is no indication anything is selected.

Yes, this known issue, not solved yet.

Hello folks,

Updated my http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/index.php?act=list&op=get&target=koda_language_files%2Flang_bra.zip translation for Koda 1.6.0.2 (after a looong time). File available from File Manager: http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/index.php?act=list&op=get&target=koda_language_files%2Flang_bra.zip (6.05KB). Please, report any problems.

Thank you, will update file.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm using Koda :whistle: Ver 1.6.0.2

I used Save As to save my project when I started. Now I've done quite a bit of work and when I try to Save or Save As, I get the error below. I've already written off this work. Hope to hear from you soon. :)

Gene

>>>>>>>>>>>> Window Details <<<<<<<<<<<<<
  Title:    Koda FormDesigner
  Class:    #32770
  Size: X: 335  Y: 366  W: 489  H: 126

>>>>>>>>>>> Mouse Details <<<<<<<<<<<
  Screen:   X: 645  Y: 387
  Cursor ID:    2

>>>>>>>>>>> Pixel Color Under Mouse <<<<<<<<<<<
  RGB:  Hex: 0x026AFE   Dec: 158462

>>>>>>>>>>> Control Under Mouse <<<<<<<<<<<
  Size:
  Control ID:
  ClassNameNN:
  Text:

>>>>>>>>>>> Status Bar Text <<<<<<<<<<<

>>>>>>>>>>> Visible Window Text <<<<<<<<<<<
  OK
  Access violation at address 00403B00 in module 'FD.exe'. Read of address FFFFFFDD.

>>>>>>>>>>> Hidden Window Text <<<<<<<<<<<

{Edit Mar 3, 2007} I have used it again gingerly once since the error above, saving about every 2 minutes. The error did not repeat. I didn't finish the GUI and haven't had s chance to work on it today.

Edited by Gene

[font="Verdana"]Thanks for the response.Gene[/font]Yes, I know the punctuation is not right...

I used Save As to save my project when I started. Now I've done quite a bit of work and when I try to Save or Save As, I get the error below. I've already written off this work. Hope to hear from you soon. :whistle:

{Edit Mar 3, 2007} I have used it again gingerly once since the error above, saving about every 2 minutes. The error did not repeat. I didn't finish the GUI and haven't had s chance to work on it today.

Seems you second who report this strange error. But I'm still can't reproduce it, though intensively worked with about 7 or 8 gui's last time...

Is Koda supposed to generate Event UDFs for Menu events (in event mode)?

Not yet...

• 4 weeks later...

After long period of silence here a new beta version :shocked:

Internal commands code was rewritten and centralized, used more nice and neat menu and toolbar. Now toolbars are customizable, user allowed to use up to 5 toobars and virtually any Koda command on the toolbar.

Also added align palette and fixed problem with missed onEvent ability for menu items and number of other small bugs.

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/lookfar/koda_2007.04.09.zip