GUI Designer: Koda 1.7.3.0

Lazycat

Here is updated Czech language file for Koda 1.6.1.3

During translation process/testing I also noticed few little problems:

- Dialog with title "Input new name" for rename Toolbars hasn't text of buttons (Ok,Cancel) in XML --> note that title is in XML

- in dialog with title "Configure & Generate" is in Combobox for Template text "Default" that isn't in XML

Edited by Zedna

In Koda 1.6.1.3 is bug with filter in Open dialogs.

Heh, that why I'm don't like delphi's "visual dialogs". Redone.

- Dialog with title "Input new name" for rename Toolbars hasn't text of buttons (Ok,Cancel) in XML --> note that title is in XML

This is standard delphi wrapper over system dialog, it not allow change button captions. Anyway, it's temporary and I'll change it in near future.

- in dialog with title "Configure & Generate" is in Combobox for Template text "Default" that isn't in XML

Yeah, forget it. Added.

Another BIG bug in Koda 1.6.1.3

Lol, at least now I'm recall why "Del" shortcut was removed from menu :shocked: But what good, it lead me to revise this part of code, now hopefuly this flaw fully fixed.

Current beta in out here (new Czech translation included):

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/lookfar/koda_2007.04.14.zip

Edit: forget to say, in this version for testing added Resizing property for few controls. Please test it and tell if this ok.

Edited by Lazycat

Heh, that why I'm don't like delphi's "visual dialogs". Redone.

This is standard delphi wrapper over system dialog, it not allow change button captions. Anyway, it's temporary and I'll change it in near future.

Yeah, forget it. Added.

Lol, at least now I'm recall why "Del" shortcut was removed from menu :shocked: But what good, it lead me to revise this part of code, now hopefuly this flaw fully fixed.

Current beta in out here (new Czech translation included):

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/lookfar/koda_2007.04.14.zip

Edit: forget to say, in this version for testing added Resizing property for few controls. Please test it and tell if this ok.

I've tried resizing labels, tabbed panels, group boxes, windows, buttons. All looks ok.

The alignment menu is much better -thanks.

But I have a problem I didn't have before. Most of the labels will not change their appearance when I change the font characteristics. They stay fixed at ms sans serif 10 point (guess), black, bold. They used to appear ok. If I update the script and compile then the fonts are ok,(name, size, bold/regular,colour) but in the Koda design they are not. Strangely, there are 11 labels on my form, and 10 remain fixed but one reflects the settings I make for the font name, size and characteristics but not the colour.

I tried going back to an earlier version (1.6.1.2) but the problem is still there, but I didn't notice the problem when I was using 1.6.1.2 before.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

But I have a problem I didn't have before. Most of the labels will not change their appearance when I change the font characteristics. They stay fixed at ms sans serif 10 point (guess), black, bold. They used to appear ok. If I update the script and compile then the fonts are ok,(name, size, bold/regular,colour) but in the Koda design they are not. Strangely, there are 11 labels on my form, and 10 remain fixed but one reflects the settings I make for the font name, size and characteristics but not the colour.

I tried going back to an earlier version (1.6.1.2) but the problem is still there, but I didn't notice the problem when I was using 1.6.1.2 before.

:shocked:

How about release 1.6.0.2? Nothing was changed in the labels code since release. Moreover, I can't confirm that, just made a bunch of labels, in any I'm able change font.

post-126-1176579204_thumb.gif

:shocked:

How about release 1.6.0.2? Nothing was changed in the labels code since release. Moreover, I can't confirm that, just made a bunch of labels, in any I'm able change font.

post-126-1176579204_thumb.gif

If I use 1.6.0.2 then the fonts are fine. I ran 1.6.0.2 and 1.6.1.2 at the same time and opened the same designs with both of them.

The attached screen shot shows that the design views are different. (The 2 versions are running in different locations but they are both looking at the same kxf file.)

In the picture the top form is in 1.6.1.2, the bottom form is in 1.6.0.2

I have tried various things and the problem is caused by the fd.exe.manifest file. If I rename this file then the fonts work ok, but I loose the XP look. Any suggestions? I really liked have the xpmanifest working. Perhaps I need an updated fd.exe.manifest?

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

I have tried various things and the problem is caused by the fd.exe.manifest file. If I rename this file then the fonts work ok, but I loose the XP look. Any suggestions? I really liked have the xpmanifest working. Perhaps I need an updated fd.exe.manifest?

Yes, this make sense, I'm watched this thread at beginning. I'm tried to include manifest in resources in this beta, you can check it. But If this will still cause problems, I'll remove it until I will have time to research a solution.

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/lookfar/koda_2007.04.15.zip

Edit: Especially please test if all listview's are works ok.

Edited by Lazycat

Yes, this make sense, I'm watched this thread at beginning. I'm tried to include manifest in resources in this beta, you can check it. But If this will still cause problems, I'll remove it until I will have time to research a solution.

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/lookfar/koda_2007.04.15.zip

Edit: Especially please test if all listview's are works ok.

The version with the manifest in your last post says it is version 1.6.0.2, but I can see that you have used an XP Manifest control.

The XP look works fine for List views, buttons but not labels.

I am really surprised about this because I use Delphi 7. I have no problems with labels with compiled programs or with the appearance in the design. I have put a file called delphi32.exe.manifest in the same folder as delphi32.exe so that the designs have an XP look. But with this manifest file I can't change the colour of static text in the design. When I compile my static text is always black.

Are yo using static text for labels in Koda?

In case it's relevant, I'm using XP SP1. Upgrading to SP2 hangs my PC and I have to recover from an image.

Edited by martin

I am really surprised about this because I use Delphi 7. I have no problems with labels with compiled programs or with the appearance in the design. I have put a file called delphi32.exe.manifest in the same folder as delphi32.exe so that the designs have an XP look. But with this manifest file I can't change the colour of static text in the design. When I compile my static text is always black.

Are yo using static text for labels in Koda?

Correct, static text is used, because this control have underlaying API control (TWinControl), instead of TLabel, that based on the TGraphic. I see an only possible way - custom paint text on control. Yesterday I'm googled this problem, found something, but only suggested solution - use labels instead StaticText, what I can't.

Correct, static text is used, because this control have underlaying API control (TWinControl), instead of TLabel, that based on the TGraphic. I see an only possible way - custom paint text on control. Yesterday I'm googled this problem, found something, but only suggested solution - use labels instead StaticText, what I can't.

What is the problem caused by Labels? I don't understand why it's a problem. If you explain then maybe I could think of something to help. (Long shot I admit.)

What is the problem caused by Labels? I don't understand why it's a problem. If you explain then maybe I could think of something to help. (Long shot I admit.)

Well. TStaticText is descendant of WinAPI static control. So, when you change styles of control, Koda recreate control and you see changes.

From other side, TLabel is descendant of TGraphic, so you can't change styles in natural way - this just have not underlaying control to which styles can be applied. TLabel is fully painted control, this just imitate standard label. As consequence, this also have not TabOrder property.

Hello folks,

Updated my Portuguese-BR (Brazilian Portuguese) translation for Koda 1.6.1.4 (MD5: ACA279FF743D30228D43DCEA1FCFFC00). Available from File Manager: http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/public/koda_language_files/lang_bra.zip (6.6KB), as always. Please, report any problems via PM. Thanks.

Best,
Euler

Well. TStaticText is descendant of WinAPI static control. So, when you change styles of control, Koda recreate control and you see changes.

From other side, TLabel is descendant of TGraphic, so you can't change styles in natural way - this just have not underlaying control to which styles can be applied. TLabel is fully painted control, this just imitate standard label. As consequence, this also have not TabOrder property.

If you use a TPanel component, with BorderStyle, BevelInner and BevelOuter both set to bvNone then the caption is a label which can have its font changed and displays correctly under all conditions that I have tried. It has a TabOrder property so it looks to me like this could be an answer.

I have the JEDI-VCL components and you can have a transparent panel. This doesn't look transparent at design time but it is at run time.

edit:example attached then removed because JVCL components not allowed by Lazycat.

Edited by martin

If you use a TPanel component, with BorderStyle, BevelInner and BevelOuter both set to bvNone then the caption is a label which can have its font changed and displays correctly under all conditions that I have tried. It has a TabOrder property so it looks to me like this could be an answer.

I have the JEDI-VCL components and you can have a transparent panel. This doesn't look transparent at design time but it is at run time.

Maybe, I'm not sure what control TPanel use as underlaying. I'll try at evening, if I'm not reach positive result I'll send you TALabel code, so you can play with it.

PS: but no whole JVCL components allowed :shocked:

edit:example attached then removed because JVCL components not allowed by Lazycat.

Lol, I'm just meant, that we want keep amount of third-party components in the project as small as possible :shocked:

Anyway, TPanel and it's descendants doesn't work with styles. So, here a test version with customdraw TStaticText, in my tests it worked more or less fine.

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/Lazycat/FD.zip

So, here a test version with customdraw TStaticText, in my tests it worked more or less fine.

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/Lazycat/FD.zip

Brilliant Lazycat, it looks good to me. Thanks.

The version says 1.6.0.2 but it's really 1.6.1.4+ isn't it?

Anyway, TPanel and it's descendants doesn't work with styles

What do you mean by not working with styles?

Probably another bug related to this:

Beta 1.6.1.2 (2007-04-10)

2007-04-09 - Added: Opening via association now open form in the current program instance

When I have two KXF forms on disk and doubleclick in File manager on first form it opens OK.

When I doubleclick in File manager on second form Koda only activates but there stays opened only first form, second one is not opened.

Brilliant Lazycat, it looks good to me. Thanks.

The version says 1.6.0.2 but it's really 1.6.1.4+ isn't it?

Ok, so I'm add this permanently.

Wrong version is caused by old manifest. When manifest present, windows prefer it's info over internal file version.

Just my mistake, used old resource file.

What do you mean by not working with styles?

When I pass styles and exstyles to underlaying control and recreate it, this visually don't reflect them. This was expected.

When I have two KXF forms on disk and doubleclick in File manager on first form it opens OK.

When I doubleclick in File manager on second form Koda only activates but there stays opened only first form, second one is not opened.

In my tests all was ok... Maybe win9x issues again?

Anyone can confirm that?

Edited by Lazycat