GUI Designer: Koda 1.7.3.0

Lazycat

Small problem in Koda with button on top of graphic.

The button keeps disappearing behind the graphic even though it's set to be on top and the graphic is sent to the back.

The graphic colour isn't shown in Koda.

The button and the graphic colour are ok when the script is run.

Also I can't make the graphic invisible but I this is not a Koda problem.

Small wish-for in Koda.

If I add a picture or an image then the file is added using the whole path. But this path will only be correct for my PC, so on another PC the images won't be found.

(Am I doing something stupid here?)

If I'm correct then what I'd like is a way for Koda to detect that the path includes the @SCRIPTDIR and have an option to replace it.

Eg 'D:\Program Files\Autoit\Koda\Forms\TouchScreen\images\keypad.bmp' is converted to

@SCRIPTDIR & '\images\keypad.bmp'

Or have an option to use relative paths.

Smaller wish-for

When a button has an image, the caption is replaced by 'Not Allowed'. I can see that you want to make sure people realise that they can't display the caption, but the caption can still be read using GUICTRLREAD and so it can still be useful. I would like to be able to determine which Key (button) has been pressed by reading the caption, rather than work it out because it's $Button56.

Maybe you could have an extra piece of text added to the caption instead so that in my case it would say 'Up {will be replaced by image}' or something like that or a warning if the caption is changed, but leave the designed caption in the generated code. I see that the caption isn't lost because if the image is removed then the caption is back.

How do I make a button with images have the same look as buttons without? A button with a caption has the XP look, a button with an image has a W98 look.

Edit:added smaller wish-for

Edited by martin
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Small problem in Koda with button on top of graphic.

The button keeps disappearing behind the graphic even though it's set to be on top and the graphic is sent to the back.

The graphic colour isn't shown in Koda.

The button and the graphic colour are ok when the script is run.

Graphic control is not actually finished, it's just some "substitute" atm.

Small wish-for in Koda.

If I add a picture or an image then the file is added using the whole path. But this path will only be correct for my PC, so on another PC the images won't be found.

Or have an option to use relative paths.

This is on todo: "Custom picture path" :( Some kind of resource manager also planned, but I'm still not sure, how it would act. But surely, Koda should understand standard macro in picture paths - and probably not only.

When a button has an image, the caption is replaced by 'Not Allowed'. I can see that you want to make sure people realise that they can't display the caption, but the caption can still be read using GUICTRLREAD and so it can still be useful. I would like to be able to determine which Key (button) has been pressed by reading the caption, rather than work it out because it's $Button56.

Maybe you could have an extra piece of text added to the caption instead so that in my case it would say 'Up {will be replaced by image}' or something like that or a warning if the caption is changed, but leave the designed caption in the generated code. I see that the caption isn't lost because if the image is removed then the caption is back.

Lol, it's generate "(Not Allowed)" :shocked: Ok, no problem to open caption for editing, and this situation can be explained in the manual.

How do I make a button with images have the same look as buttons without? A button with a caption has the XP look, a button with an image has a W98 look.

Heh, honestly at the moment I'm a bit bored with themed stuff ;) Since this not severe affect functionality (instead of label) I'm leave it in the todo to some future :P

Graphic control is not actually finished, it's just some "substitute" atm.

This is on todo: "Custom picture path" :shocked: Some kind of resource manager also planned, but I'm still not sure, how it would act. But surely, Koda should understand standard macro in picture paths - and probably not only.

Would it be sensible to say if the first part of the path matches the path for the script then replace the first part of the path with @SCRIPTDIR. Then all that is necessary is to keep the images in the same relative position for the installation. That would work for me because I put my images in @SCRIPTDIR & '\images'.

But a resource manager would be good. Maybe all you need to do is have FileInstall for each image before the Gui creations, and then load the gui images from the destination folder instead of the original path. Then if people wanted they could write something in their script to delete these files. Or maybe make the destination @TEMPDIR since FileInstall can have a variable for the destination.

Heh, honestly at the moment I'm a bit bored with themed stuff :P Since this not severe affect functionality (instead of label) I'm leave it in the todo to some future :(

OK, I'll keep quiet about themed effects.

Edit:correct a typo

Edited by martin
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Small bug with component names in manifest version 1.6.0.2 (1.6.1.14?)

Example:

Create a button. It is named Abutton1. Rename it to Button1.

Choose option to strip 'A' prefix from names.

Add another button,- it is named AButton1.

Create the code and $Button1 is used for both buttons.

Could the 'A' be removed from the name shown in the object inspector so that it is the same as in the code?

Small bug with component names in manifest version 1.6.0.2 (1.6.1.14?)

Example:

Create a button. It is named Abutton1. Rename it to Button1.

Choose option to strip 'A' prefix from names.

Add another button,- it is named AButton1.

Create the code and $Button1 is used for both buttons.

Could the 'A' be removed from the name shown in the object inspector so that it is the same as in the code?

Not a bug actually, that was by design...

Don't recall surely why here was a problems with removing A from actual names, but seems now I'm found safe way to do that. So, the vote: how about remove option "strip prefix..." (cosmetic actually) and strip "A" always in designer?

Not a bug actually, that was by design...

Don't recall surely why here was a problems with removing A from actual names, but seems now I'm found safe way to do that. So, the vote: how about remove option "strip prefix..." (cosmetic actually) and strip "A" always in designer?

My vote = YES

Edited by martin

Ok, this changed.

New beta is here: http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/lookfar/koda_2007.04.25.zip

Edit: BTW, anyone tested work of resizing property? If this OK, I'll update all remain controls.

Edited by Lazycat

Ok, this changed.

New beta is here: http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/lookfar/koda_2007.04.25.zip

Edit: BTW, anyone tested work of resizing property? If this OK, I'll update all remain controls.

All looks good at the moment.

My buttons on Pics are back! Wonderful.

Multiple selection still doesn't always draw the resizing handles on all selected items, but sometimes it does.

Version number shows 1.6.1.6 correctly now

For alignment you now use the first selected item to align to = the best way I think. (Maybe this was done before and I didn't notice.)

Small point about grids. Maybe the dots should be exclusive ored with the background or something similar. On a black form they disappear.

(Only a comment because it doesn't worry me at all.)

:shocked: Thanks for your hard work Lazycat.

There is new italian language file. See this post

I also noticed when you change language from English to Italian and then back to English there remain some menu items still in Italiano.

Note that with Czech/English/Czech it's OK. So maybe it's due to incomplete italiano translation (it's probably for release version 1.6 and my Czech is for latest beta 1.6.1.6)

Another little future bug:

As count of languages is increasing there will be early visible vertical scrollbar in ListView for languages in Options dialog.

But in ListView is not enough space for vertical scrollbar so there apeears also horizontal scrollbar which will not look good.

You may try this if you place copy of some language files under changed names to simulate more languages ...

EDIT: here is screenshot

also corrected typos

post-6483-1177807911_thumb.png

Edited by Zedna

I also noticed when you change language from English to Italian and then back to English there remain some menu items still in Italiano.

Note that with Czech/English/Czech it's OK. So maybe it's due to incomplete italiano translation (it's probably for release version 1.6 and my Czech is for latest beta 1.6.1.6)

Yes, this is because old translation update menu items, new one should update actions (components begin with "act").

Another little future bug:

As count of languages is increasing there will be early visible vertical scrollbar in ListView for languages in Options dialog.

But in ListView is not enough space for vertical scrollbar so there apeears also horizontal scrollbar which will not look good.

Indeed, this can be and should be fixed :)

Version 1.6.1.6

Image (Pic) problem

When an image is first placed on a form it can be resized smaller and larger.

Once the form has been saved it cannot be made smaller than the saved size. The only way round this is to delete the pic and replace it.

With the black background I am using for one form new images and icons placed on the form are not visible untill a picture file is selected. (Same problem as gid dots.)

Version 1.6.1.6

Image (Pic) problem

When an image is first placed on a form it can be resized smaller and larger.

Once the form has been saved it cannot be made smaller than the saved size. The only way round this is to delete the pic and replace it.

Can't represent it, I can resize image in any way after save and load.

With the black background I am using for one form new images and icons placed on the form are not visible untill a picture file is selected. (Same problem as gid dots.)

Thanks, changed. No solution for grip colors though yet.

Can't represent it, I can resize image in any way after save and load.

I think I may have misunderstood when the problem occurred. The problem is not after the form is saved but after Koda has been closed then opened again.

Here is the gif I have the problem with

This is how to see the problem.

Start a new form.

Put an image on it.

Load the gif I have attached.

Resize it to anything, maybe put different ones at different sizes.

save the form and close Koda.

Re-open Koda and try to change the size of the images. I think you will have problems if you try to make an image smaller.

This is how to see the problem.

Start a new form.

Put an image on it.

Load the gif I have attached.

Resize it to anything, maybe put different ones at different sizes.

save the form and close Koda.

Re-open Koda and try to change the size of the images. I think you will have problems if you try to make an image smaller.

Of course, I'm tried all variants, in themed environment too :) But even with your image, after restart Koda and reload form I'm still able resize it... What I'm do wrong?

Of course, I'm tried all variants, in themed environment too :) But even with your image, after restart Koda and reload form I'm still able resize it... What I'm do wrong?

That's strange.

The problem is the same if I don't close Koda, but close the form then open it again. Immediately I cannot control the image size.

I have looked at the KXF files and I am sure there is nothing wrong here. I have compared a saved file while Koda is open, and a file saved when Koda closes and they are identical.

But when I try to make an image smaller it jumps back to the 100 x 100 pixel size. I have tried setting the dimension in the height and width properties, but as soon as I press Enter they change to 100.

The same thing happens with bitmaps.

So it looks to me like when an image is loaded by reading the kxf file something is not set correctly, and it is not the same as loading the image using the 'Picture' field on the Properties page of the object inspector. The variable that is not set correctly must control the minimum height or width. Or maybe you use a SetBounds function somewhere which gets something wrong?

Of course if you can't reproduce the problem it makes it difficult for you to find. (Or even impossible.) So in this case the only way might be to send me a version with some debugging code. The problem is permanent for me.

Edit:Added this next paragraph

I have tried versions back to 1.6.0.2 and same problem. With one form the sizes of images can be made any size as long as they are not smaller than when the form was opened. So I can make them bigger and then smaller untill I get back to the loaded size then they won't reduce.

On another form, which only consists of images, I can edit the kxf file to get the images whatever size I like when it's loaded into Koda, but as soon as I try to change the size, bigger or smaller, the images change to 100 x 100. If I add a button or an edit box then things change. Now the minimum is 100 x 100 but I can make the images bigger than that (which I couldn't do untill the button or edit was added) but I can't reduce them below 100 x 100 even if the loaded size was much smaller.

I've tried on 2 PCs, one has XP Home SP1, the other has XP professional SP2 but no different.

Does anyone else get this prolem?

Edited by martin