Can I use "IE.au3" functionality in AutoItX ?

Ilikeauto783

You asked about IE.au3 as an example. IE.au3 uses the COM support in AutoIt, which is not available in AutoItX. Instead, you must use the native COM interfaces in your low(er)-level language and call the COM functions directly (CreateObject for example). You cannot use the UDF libraries directly, so you must (re)implement their convenience functionality in the language from which you are calling AutoItX.

Dale

Edit: fixed funny typos

Edited by DaleHohm

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Ok, I get what your saying now, I've actually done the com method in the past. I was just hoping that I could use AutoIt becaue it works so nicely. I really like the ie.au3 it works quite nicely.

Thanks a bunch, I appreciate the response.

Edited by Ilikeauto783