ControlClick

bobrianto

hi...

when i click certain link on the web, it load the page with window alert. for example,

title: ms ie

text: you have blablabla

button: ok

i checked with autinfo tool, and the button return classname "Button1"

using this

ControlClick("Microsoft Internet Explorer", "You have?", "Button1")

however the window won't respond whether the parent ie window focused or not. the script hangs there waiting for the button to be clicked.

i tried controlfocus before controlclick and it still doesn't work.

is there any other way to do this?

if there is already thread about this, please paste the links. thanx in advance.

Edited by bobrianto

• Moderators

For automating IE look at _IE* functions in the help file....

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

thanx for the reply. however, afaik (still new) ie.au3 only handle with webpage itself(???)

however, what i tried to click is IE child(msgbox) window. i dont know if ie.au3 can handle this type of operation. If possible, can you please tell me the function?

• Moderators

thanx for the reply. however, afaik (still new) ie.au3 only handle with webpage itself(???)

however, what i tried to click is IE child(msgbox) window. i dont know if ie.au3 can handle this type of operation. If possible, can you please tell me the function?

Haven't a clue, haven't used it myself, have you bothered to go through the functions themselves? And IE.au3 is not as new as you make it out to be, it's been around for some time.

Also with your control click, again, I don't use internet explorer so I don't know, are you using the text of the window in the text box or the text of the button?

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.