I started this project because I had a PSP Homebrew Game called Laserix which was coded in lua for the PSP.
By clicking "Open Laserix Level" you can browse to a file called index.lua (The lua PSP game) and enter a level number (1-13) in an input box. The Editor will parse the script and load the correct level. Also "Save Laserix Level" will save the current level to an index.lua file (You will also be prompted to enter a level number to overwrite).
For general use of this program, "Save Level To File" and "Open Level From File" will be used more. These load and save individual levels to an ini file.
If you are receiving erratic results when using index.lua you can click "Restore Original Levels To Laserix" which will overwrite the index.lua that you specify in the FileOpenDialog.
The default mode on startup is Edit Mode. This can be seen in the first segment of the status bar. Clicking any cell opens a window with 14 icons. You can see what they do by hovering over them. You may insert that icon into the main grid by clicking the appropriate Radio Button and pressing "Insert Into Grid"
To use Play Mode, simply click "Play Mode". The Laserix background music will begin playing. In Play Mode you can place mirrors by clicking on the grid. Choose what type of mirror to place by selecting the correct radio button. Clicking on already placed mirrors will rotate them. You can move mirrors by clicking "Move Mirror", clicking a mirror then the cell you wish to move it to. You can delete mirrors by clicking "Delete Mirror" and clicking the mirror you wish to delete. Clicking "Start Laser" will make the laser come out of the Laser Generator and bounce off all the mirrors. If the laser hits every diamond, it is considered that you have won.
When in Play Mode, You can move between levels by pressing Previous Level and Next Level. These will work with any filename that ends with a number then ".ini". If "Advance to Next Level When Complete" is checked then If the laser hits all diamonds, Laserix will load the next level automatically.
- Added Delete Mirror Option
- Added "Previous Level" and "Next Level" buttons. If you have loaded an ini file that has any number of non digit characters then a number e.g. "Level 6.ini", clicking "Previous Level" will load "Level 5.ini". Clicking "Next Level" will load "Level 7.ini".
- Added "Advance to Next Level When Complete" checkbox
- Fixed a few bugs
- Several buttons are now disabled when laser is active (Thanks XxXFaNtA)
Update 04: Added Mirror Type B Support! All Levels are now playable, Script Now 1700 lines long.
- Added option to turn off music.
- Fixed a bug with Restoring Original Levels
- Fixed a Bug where hint and pink blocks were offfset by 1 when opened
- Fixed a bug with horizontal mirrors (Thanks XxXFaNtA)
- Added "Show Solution" button. It is more fun to figure the levels out for yourself though.
- Level 13 is now Level 14 and a New Level is in it's place. I don't have a solution for it yet. Please post one
- Solutions are now encrypted
- Only Hide Solution can be clicked when a solution is being displayed
- Added prompt before showing solution
- Added prompt before showing hint
- Added Level 13 Mirrors (Thanks XxXFaNtA)
- Added current Level into title
- Levels can be opened during play mode
- Status bar always shows which cell the mouse is in
- Updated Level 9 Solution
- Changed solution mode, no longer uses pictures but text files with the location of each mirror.
- Added "Generate Level Code" and "Enter Level Code" buttons. The former creates a short code with the current level in it, I made it for posting levels easily. E.g. Level 13 is 01[15-0]203[11-0]3[17-0]2[31-0]2[21-0]4[8-0]12[3-0]1[6-0]1[20-0]2[31-0]2[31-0]203[11-0]3[17-0]202020212020202[17-0]1[134-0][2-1][6-0]|1|2|e
You can load Level Codes by clicking "Enter Level Code" and pasting that into the input box.
- State of background music is written to ini. E.g. If you set it to off, the next time Laserix Editor & Player is loaded, the music will be off.
- Fixed a few small bugs
- Added timeouts to stop endless loops; The laser is allowed to travel for 1 more second after all diamonds are hit and 10 seconds otherwise
- Laserix 2 Levels 1 - 29 have been added (Thanks XxXFaNta ) Level 29 does not have a solution yet
- Fixed a bug with auto next level
- Added 'Place Solution' button so you can try out the solutions.
Laserix.zip (1023.4K) Number of downloads:
Previous DOwnloads: 21
Feel free to
Edited by RazerM, 11 February 2007 - 11:55 AM.