Probably not a bug so I'll post it here

GEOSoft

I have not tried this in a situation where there is only one window but this is what happens if you have a child window open.

Using GUISetState(@SW_Locked, $My_Child)

The child window locks just the way it should. However if you open another app over top or min imize the main window then it will unlock. Not really urgent but it is probably one of two things;

1) undesireable behaviour

2) something that needs documenting in the help file

And Merry Christmas to the development team

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

I have not tried this in a situation where there is only one window but this is what happens if you have a child window open.

Using GUISetState(@SW_Locked, $My_Child)

The child window locks just the way it should. However if you open another app over top or min imize the main window then it will unlock. Not really urgent but it is probably one of two things;

1) undesireable behaviour

2) something that needs documenting in the help file

And Merry Christmas to the development team

Not sure the doc is not clear but at least that' it say.

Only one window can be locked with @SW_LOCK and it is always the last one referenced

Not sure the doc is not clear but at least that' it say.

Ok. When it gets locked it is the last window referenced however another window is called later. That by itself is not enough to break the lock. The only thing that breaks it is opening another window overtop or minimizing the window. It's not major. I'm really just wondering why I have to work around it. Since i have a long delay loop wihin another loop I just refresh the lock each time it enters the second loop so it's not a problem in this case.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"