Using AutoItX3 in C#

Outshynd

As of right now, the project was recently scrapped and restarted. So you tell me.

If I had to guess, I would say the project failed because you are a jerk and no one wanted to work with you? I found the original post very useful and well intentioned, which is more than I can say for your responses.

A better person would have been more considerate and helpful in his criticisms. Although, I did find it humorous how slapped justdoit123 down and while padding your post count, that will teach him to ask clarification on one of your vague, but obviously superior posts.

Wow, you got my Gander up something fierce.

Anyone, if anyone needs some basic C# help getting this working message me and I can help answer some questions. I have been using C# for 8-9 years and autoit since v2

Edited by MichaelCowan

The project has been a solo project from the beginning. I never said it failed either. I said I got rid of my current progress and started over.

My responses are accurate. They don't need to be polite. Now that I've said that, show me where I have been inconsiderate.

You are a big boy, check out the definition of inconsiderate, then look back over your last few posts. I am sure a smart guy like you can figure it out.

Adj. 1. inconsiderate - lacking regard for the rights or feelings of others; "shockingly inconsiderate behavior"

selfish - concerned chiefly or only with yourself and your advantage to the exclusion of others;

tactless, untactful - lacking or showing a lack of what is fitting and considerate in dealing with others; "in the circumstances it was tactless to ask her age"

thoughtless - showing lack of careful thought; "the debate turned into thoughtless bickering"

wow, dude - you ARE a jerk. The idea behind a forum is to help people - if you don't plan to provide anybody with a meaningful solution to their issue why post anything. It that aspect you are a jerk - and yes, I did ignore almost everything you had posted.

I don't care if I'm a jerk. Valik is a jerk too. I don't see you calling him out. I've contributed a lot to this forum whether you realize it or not. You can ask most of the members here and you will find that I am more helpful than not.

You two however are both disrupting these threads with off topic clutter that should have been sent via personal message.

Edited by Richard Robertson

• 2 months later...

C# doesn't support optional arguments. You have to provide a value, although you are always welcome to try a default value.

http://www.integralwebsolutions.co.za/Blog/EntryId/364/Optional-Parameters-in-c-4-0.aspx Whatever I solved my problem. I'm waiting for vs2010 full release. Tnx...

Edited by PythEch

This is how I solve optional arguments in C#:

public string Lolwut(int foo)
{
   return this.Lolwut(foo, 0); // 0 is default value for second param
}

public string Lolwut(int foo, int bar)
{
   return (foo + bar).ToString();
}

Edit: Forgot return on first Lolwut.

Edited by Manadar

This is how I solve optional arguments in C#:

public string Lolwut(int foo)
{
   return this.Lolwut(foo, 0); // 0 is default value for second param
}

public string Foo(int foo, int bar)
{
   return (foo + bar).ToString();
}

Edit: Forgot return on first Lolwut.

The code is still wrong. You named the "function without optional parameters" Foo, but you are calling Lolwut.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello to all!

I add reference to C# from AutoIt and work OK. Now I want to use some function that is not supported in AutoItX3.dll file (FF.au3). Is there any way that I can use FF function in C#?

Thanks for answers!

Uros