New SciTE4AutoIt3 with SciTE v1.72

Jos

• Developers

1/19/2007: Uploaded a new SciTe4AutoIt3.exe installer which contains the new SciTE 1.72 released this week.

See below for the list of all changes.

Happy Scripting :)

==> ScitillaHistory page containing all SciTE/Scintilla updates.

==> Visit the SciTe4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions

==> Check the online documentation for an overview of all extras you get with this installer.

Enjoy,

Updates:

1/19/2007
*** Updated SciTE v 1.72 (Neil Hodgson)
*** Updated UpdateDefs v1.4 (JdeB)
    - Fixed an issue with abrev.properties on initial load during installation. (tnx nol)
*** Updated SciTEConfig (JdeB)
    - Fixed changes not being saved in Win98. (tnx Nol)
*** Updated au3.properties (JdeB)
    - Added $(chars.accented) to word.characters to allow for accented characters in words. (tnx th.meger )
*** Updated AutoIt3Wrapper v1.7.6 (JdeB)
    - Fixed Bug with #Compiler_OutFile.
Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

#Run_Debug_Mode directive is not described in HelpFile.

It's only in History page and there are no details.

#Run_Debug_Mode makes error.

I think there should be

#Run_Debug_Mode=?

but what values for ?

EDIT:

I discovered it :D

#Run_Debug_Mode=1

Will update the docs a bit for the next release but it is also described in Directives.au3 located in the AutoIt3Wrapper directory:

#Run_Debug_Mode=n ;(y/n) Run Script with console debugging

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

While your at the docs. Could you add a section about the SciTE Config files?

At the moment I'm especially intrested in knowing if it is possible to have SciTE to only use setting s from the same dir it is executed from and not use the Documents and Settings path (user profile path or what it is called).

I have created a wiki page regarding SciTE configuration. If I get some time next week I can fill in a bit more. Others probably have tips to add to if the knew wher to add them. Maybe you could take some of that text for now, and fill in the gaps later as people fill in content (if they do)?

But I'm sure there are several other intresting settings to.

Thanks for the great job so fare. I'm sure SciTE4Autoit3 has made life a lot easier for many new commers. It realy did the difference when I started out with AutoIt.

• Developers

While your at the docs. Could you add a section about the SciTE Config files?

At the moment I'm especially intrested in knowing if it is possible to have SciTE to only use setting s from the same dir it is executed from and not use the Documents and Settings path (user profile path or what it is called).

You know about the "Local" settings option under Options ?

That will create a SciTE.Properties in the directory of the current open file. these settings take priority over the other settings.

SciTE reads it settings in this sequence:

SciTE.properties in the current file's directory

SciTEUser.properties

Au3.properties (For Autoit3)

SciTEGlobal.properties

So it loads them all always but this shows what setting takes precedent ...

I have included all SciTE documentation in the Helpfile so don;t know what else to add....

Let me know when you have Questions on the above ...

By the way: there are also a couple of nice LUA functions available under Tools for debugging and now also a #Run_Debug_Mode directive when using AutoIt3Wrapper...

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Thanks as well JdeB!!!, however, there seems to be a bug in the SciTE Config utility - it won't save the Tool Selections and the Exit button refuses to work after selecting/deselection a tool. While we are one that subject, any chance that SciTE Config can remember my selections from one update to the next without having them all turned on again with every new update?

The only file that I know of user configurable to a path is an abbreviation file. This can be used for other langauges and their own separate abbreviations. I have a separate abbreviations file set for VBScript. This information can already be found under the Scite4AutoIt3 helpfile under the original Scintilla documentation.

• Developers

Thanks as well JdeB!!!, however, there seems to be a bug in the SciTE Config utility - it won't save the Tool Selections and the Exit button refuses to work after selecting/deselection a tool.

Think i found the issue..

can you try this version : http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/...SciteConfig.exe and let me know if that fixes it ?

While we are one that subject, any chance that SciTE Config can remember my selections from one update to the next without having them all turned on again with every new update?

It should since the settings are saved in SciTEUser.properties . are you running Win9x?

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

It should since the settings are saved in SciTEUser.properties . are you running Win9x?

Note that Tools in SciteConfig is dynamically set so thus allows changes to the au3.properties file without any hardcoded savings between version changes. I considered this best but can be painful between updating Scite4AutoIt3 as you need to reset the tools you want to show.

• Developers

Note that Tools in SciteConfig is dynamically set so thus allows changes to the au3.properties file without any hardcoded savings between version changes. I considered this best but can be painful between updating Scite4AutoIt3 as you need to reset the tools you want to show.

True :)

We could have it save to SciTEUser.properties as well since all that is really needed is to change this parameter to blank to remove the tool from the menu and still have it function with the shortcut:

command.name.9.$(file.patterns.au3)=

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Yes, that one worked fine, thanks. There is however several typo's in the tool section - check the numbering. Mine goes:

Missing leading zero's, missing tools 17, 18, 19 and you have two items marked as number 33.

With regard to the saving the tool options, what MHz said LOL

Edited by PartyPooper

• Developers

Missing leading zero's, missing tools 17, 18, 19 and you have two items marked as number 33.

There are no 17-19 tools defined.. 0-19 are used for Programs 20-34 for LUA Scripts .

The comments for 1, 2 and 34 are corrected in this au3.properties version.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

When it come to the au3.properties, then it is out of my control. JdeB updates the au3.properties and changes may happen. As for entering into SciTEUser.properties then you still have hotkeys and such to override as well, so the property files are loosely formated to manipulate. Currently, if a user changes the au3.properties file with added tools, then SciteConfig will adapt easily.

• Developers

In Scite output panel is this text twice:

I have latest Scite4Autoit3 with AutoIt3Wrapper v.1.7.6

when do you get it twice ?

Can you show the whole Outputpane info ......

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Script (but it does for every script):

ConsoleWrite("This is plain text" & @LF)
ConsoleWrite(">Make it have blue color" & @LF)
ConsoleWrite("+Make it have green color" & @LF)
ConsoleWrite("-Make it have yellow color" & @LF)
ConsoleWrite("!Make it have red color" & @LF)

Output on my WIN98SE - AutoIt3Wrapper v.1.7.6:

>"C:\PROGRAM FILES\AUTOIT3\SCITE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\PZ\!scite_barvy.au3" /autoit3dir "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3" /UserParams

+>14:11:20 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.1.7.6

>Running AU3Check (1.54.6.0) params: from:C:\Program Files\AutoIt3

+>14:11:20 AU3Check ended.rc:0

>Running:(3.2.2.0):C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\PZ\!scite_barvy.au3"

This is plain text

>Make it have blue color

+Make it have green color

-Make it have yellow color

!Make it have red color

+>14:11:20 AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:0

+>14:11:20 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.1.7.6

+>14:11:21 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished

+>14:11:21 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished

>Exit code: 0 Time: 2.433

Note: On my WINXP is output little different - AutoIt3Wrapper v.1.7.5:

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\PZ\!scite_barvy.au3" /autoit3dir "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3" /UserParams

+> Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.1.7.5

>Running AU3Check (1.54.6.0) params: from:C:\Program Files\AutoIt3

+>AU3Check ended.rc:0

>Running:(3.2.2.0):C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\PZ\!scite_barvy.au3"

This is plain text

>Make it have blue color

+Make it have green color

-Make it have yellow color

!Make it have red color

+>AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:0

>Exit code: 0 Time: 1.932

• Developers

Output on my WIN98SE - AutoIt3Wrapper v.1.7.6:

Note: On my WINXP is output little different - AutoIt3Wrapper v.1.7.5:

AutoIt3Wrapper is always submitted 2 times when you run a script. The second instance is monitoring the first (which actually performs the task) and cleans up when the script gets killed.

I think this second version also shows its Status messages at the end on win9x.

Please try this version on yourt win98 pc to see if that fixes it .. http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/...oIt3Wrapper.exe

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.