help!

I need some help. Currently, i have a script created by AutoIT v2. The problem that i am running into is that the program that I scripted to run was poorly developed. What I mean by that is that while running the program via the script, the program will generate a dialog box. When this happens, the main program itself falls back into the background and will not come back into the foreground unless you manually click on it. What I have done is that I would send a Alt+Tab command to bring the program back into the foreground. This works well, however, it leads to another problem. The machine that I am running the script and program on runs in parallel with other programs on the taskbar. Sending the Alt+tab command works great if it was the only program running, but has problems when it is not the only program running.

HOw do i send a command to ensure that the script will send a command to bring the program back to the foreground, and issue the commands without it effecting any other programs running on the taskbar? I have looked around, but cannot seem to overcome this issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Edited by finger123

• Developers

I need some help. Currently, i have a script created by AutoIT v2. The problem that i am running into is that the program that I scripted to run was poorly developed. What I mean by that is that while running the program via the script, the program will generate a dialog box. When this happens, the main program itself falls back into the background and will not come back into the foreground unless you manually click on it. What I have done is that I would send a Alt+Tab command to bring the program back into the foreground. This works well, however, it leads to another problem. The machine that I am running the script and program on runs in parallel with other programs on the taskbar. Sending the Alt+tab command works great if it was the only program running, but has problems when it is not the only program running.

HOw do i send a command to ensure that the script will send a command to bring the program back to the foreground, and issue the commands without it effecting any other programs running on the taskbar? I have looked around, but cannot seem to overcome this issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

WinActivate, <Window Title> [,<Window Text>]

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Why just don't you convert script in AutoIt v3?

i542

Maybe because he's satisfied with how green the grass looks like on his side of the fence ?

Or maybe it's the barbwire on top of the fence that scares him ? Also, as it's stated in the

helpfile (the v3 one) :

v2.64 will continue to be available for download and there are few reasons why users should

try and convert existing scripts (if it ain't broke, etc.).

EDIT : Just so that you know finger123...the grass is in fact greener on the v3-side ! Oh, and the taste !

Edited by Helge