This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more here. X
X

Photo

help!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 finger123

finger123

Seeker

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 06:32 PM

I need some help. Currently, i have a script created by AutoIT v2. The problem that i am running into is that the program that I scripted to run was poorly developed. What I mean by that is that while running the program via the script, the program will generate a dialog box. When this happens, the main program itself falls back into the background and will not come back into the foreground unless you manually click on it. What I have done is that I would send a Alt+Tab command to bring the program back into the foreground. This works well, however, it leads to another problem. The machine that I am running the script and program on runs in parallel with other programs on the taskbar. Sending the Alt+tab command works great if it was the only program running, but has problems when it is not the only program running.

HOw do i send a command to ensure that the script will send a command to bring the program back to the foreground, and issue the commands without it effecting any other programs running on the taskbar? I have looked around, but cannot seem to overcome this issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Edited by finger123, 08 February 2007 - 06:46 PM.

#2 Jos

Jos

oh joy ...

• Developers
  • 22,534 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 08:38 PM

I need some help. Currently, i have a script created by AutoIT v2. The problem that i am running into is that the program that I scripted to run was poorly developed. What I mean by that is that while running the program via the script, the program will generate a dialog box. When this happens, the main program itself falls back into the background and will not come back into the foreground unless you manually click on it. What I have done is that I would send a Alt+Tab command to bring the program back into the foreground. This works well, however, it leads to another problem. The machine that I am running the script and program on runs in parallel with other programs on the taskbar. Sending the Alt+tab command works great if it was the only program running, but has problems when it is not the only program running.

HOw do i send a command to ensure that the script will send a command to bring the program back to the foreground, and issue the commands without it effecting any other programs running on the taskbar? I have looked around, but cannot seem to overcome this issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

WinActivate, <Window Title> [,<Window Text>]

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions                                                                 Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

#3 i542

i542

Captain on the Bridge.

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 07:47 AM

Why just don't you convert script in AutoIt v3?
i542
I can do signature me.

#4 Helge

Helge

Yup

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 03:46 PM

Why just don't you convert script in AutoIt v3?
i542

Maybe because he's satisfied with how green the grass looks like on his side of the fence ?
Or maybe it's the barbwire on top of the fence that scares him ? Also, as it's stated in the
helpfile (the v3 one) :

v2.64 will continue to be available for download and there are few reasons why users should
try and convert existing scripts (if it ain't broke, etc.).

EDIT : Just so that you know finger123...the grass is in fact greener on the v3-side ! Oh, and the taste !

Edited by Helge, 09 February 2007 - 03:49 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users