This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more here. X
X

Photo

_ArrayDisplay : No bug, just a wish

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 Jos

Jos

• Developers
  • 23,223 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 02:36 PM

Ok,
Here is a simpler script; no sorting or transposing after called; but allow >4000 items, limit width to 250; needs "GUIListView.au3" and constants as includes; errors not fully set [**** Can this include other "includes", or do you want it to be independent?; that would require "lifting" pieces from the other GUIs??]
Checks for some faulty input; inserts a line "ND" if ListView line can't be inserted.
What else need be done to "Keep it simple", but keep this flexibility and size capability?
Best, Randall

@Randall,
My question wasn't really intended to trigger a discussion about the complexity but more:
- What are our requirements as far as features and layout ?
- Your posted version creates a table like layout (like excel) and Smoke_N version list one cell per record .....
- Other things missing ?

I Assume many will post their Ideas/modifications what they would like to see since so many have asked about extending _ArrayDisplay() 's functionality..
:shocked:

Edited by JdeB, 22 April 2007 - 12:54 PM.

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions                                                                 Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

#22 Jos

Jos

• Developers
  • 23,223 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 02:55 PM

I Assume many will post their Ideas/modifications what they would like to see since so many have asked about extending _ArrayDisplay() 's functionality..
:(

Overwhelming, the number of responses/reactions .. :shocked:
Maybe nobody is interested to change the UDF anyways .....

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions                                                                 Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

#23 Zedna

Zedna

AutoIt rulez!

• MVPs
  • 8,713 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 03:08 PM

Overwhelming, the number of responses/reactions .. :shocked:
Maybe nobody is interested to change the UDF anyways .....

I would be happy with this parametres:
Func _ArrayDisplay(ByRef $avADArray, $sADTitle = '', $iADBase = -1, $iADMode = 0)

iADMode:
0 - MessageBox
1 - ListView
2 - ListView with support > 4000 items
more modes - ...

Support for more dimensions should be automatic (inside function), no aditional parametres required.

#24 Xenobiologist

Xenobiologist

Xx Code~Mega xX

• MVPs
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 09:23 PM

I would be happy with this parametres:

Func _ArrayDisplay(ByRef $avADArray, $sADTitle = '', $iADBase = -1, $iADMode = 0)

iADMode:
0 - MessageBox
1 - ListView
2 - ListView with support > 4000 items
more modes - ...

Support for more dimensions should be automatic (inside function), no aditional parametres required.

Hi,

I agree, from - to and more dimensions should be enough to start. :-) I do only need the func for checking code ...

So long,

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files *new

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

#25 Jos

Jos

• Developers
  • 23,223 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 09:35 PM

Did any of you test the posted proposals to see the difference and could you tell us what you prefer ?

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

#26 Xenobiologist

Xenobiologist

Xx Code~Mega xX

• MVPs
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 09:50 PM

Did any of you test the posted proposals to see the difference and could you tell us what you prefer ?

Hi,

yes. I like the version ;_ArrayViewKiss.au3 0_4.

There is one small problem with the column width if $i_Transpose = 1, but the func seems to work pretty well.

So long,

Mega

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

#27 Zedna

Zedna

AutoIt rulez!

• MVPs
  • 8,713 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 09:53 PM

I checked it and I like ListView version with two dimmensions support and with Copy to clipboard function.
I'm using _ArrayDisplay only for debuging purposes too.

#28 Xenobiologist

Xenobiologist

Xx Code~Mega xX

• MVPs
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 08:11 PM

Hi,

I hope this will be finished some time!

Another one for you JdeB ...

Could you explain why _ArrayDisplay is written with a Const Byref? It doesn't make sense there for me!!!

Change this:

AutoIt         
Func _ArrayDisplay(Const ByRef $avArray, $sTitle)     Local $iCounter = 0, $sMsg = ""     If (Not IsArray($avArray)) Then         SetError(1)         Return 0     EndIf     For $iCounter = 0 To UBound($avArray) - 1         $sMsg = $sMsg & "[" & $iCounter & "]    = " & StringStripCR($avArray[$iCounter]) & @CR     Next     MsgBox(4096, $sTitle, $sMsg)     SetError(0)     Return 1 EndFunc   ;==>_ArrayDisplayƒo݊÷ Ú)í¢Øb±«­¢+ÙÕ¹Œ}ÉɅå¥ÍÁ±…ä ˜ŒÀÌØí…ÙÉɅ䰀˜ŒÀÌØíÍQ¥Ñ±”¤(%1½…°€˜ŒÀÌØí¥ ½Õ¹Ñ•È€ô€À°€˜ŒÀÌØíÍ5͜€ô€™ÅÕ½Ðì™ÅÕ½Ðì((%%˜€¡9½Ð%ÍÉÉ…ä ˜ŒÀÌØí…ÙÉɅ䤤Q¡•¸($%M•ÑÉÉ½È Ä¤($%I•ÑÕɸ€À(%¹‘%˜((%½È€˜ŒÀÌØí¥ ½Õ¹Ñ•È€ô€ÀQ¼U    ½Õ¹ ˜ŒÀÌØí…ÙÉɅ䤀´€Ä($$˜ŒÀÌØíÍ5͜€™…µÀìô€™ÅÕ½Ðíl™ÅÕ½Ð쀙…µÀ쀘ŒÀÌØí¥ ½Õ¹Ñ•È€™…µÀ쀙ÅÕ½Ðít€€€€ô€™ÅÕ½Ð쀙…µÀìMÑÉ¥¹MÑÉ¥Á H ˜ŒÀÌØí…ÙÉɅål˜ŒÀÌØí¥ ½Õ¹Ñ•Ét¤€™…µÀì H(%9•áÐ((%5͝  ½à ÐÀäØ°€˜ŒÀÌØíÍQ¥Ñ±”°€˜ŒÀÌØíÍ5͜¤(%M•ÑÉÉ½È À¤(%I•ÑÕɸ€Ä)¹‘Õ¹Œ€€€ìôô™Ðí}ÉɅå¥ÍÁ±…

So long,

Mega

Edited by th.meger, 04 May 2007 - 08:12 PM.

#29 Jos

Jos

• Developers
  • 23,223 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 08:19 PM

Hi,

I hope this will be finished some time!

Not sure I uinderstand... believe I have asked some questions in this thread and considering the flooding of replies it doesn't seems to be a major issue.

Another one for you JdeB ...

Could you explain why _ArrayDisplay is written with a Const Byref? It doesn't make sense there for me!!!

Maybe you could explain the issue and why it needs to be changed?
Using Byref is common practice to avoid the need to copy the information.
Using Const tells it not to change it.

Edited by JdeB, 04 May 2007 - 08:20 PM.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

#30 Xenobiologist

Xenobiologist

Xx Code~Mega xX

• MVPs
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 08:27 PM

Not sure I uinderstand... believe I have asked some questions in this thread and considering the flooding of replies it doesn't seems to be a major issue.
Maybe you could explain the issue and why it needs to be changed?
Using Byref is common practice to avoid the need to copy the information.
Using Const tells it not to change it.

Hi,

is senseless to do a Byref Const here, I guess.

You cannot use the func this way:

_ArrayDisplay1(StringRegExp(@ScriptDir, '[a-zA-Z]\:', 1), "") Func _ArrayDisplay1($avArray, $sTitle)     Local $iCounter = 0, $sMsg = ""     If (Not IsArray($avArray)) Then         SetError(1)         Return 0     EndIf     For $iCounter = 0 To UBound($avArray) - 1         $sMsg &= "[" & $iCounter & "]    = " & StringStripCR($avArray[$iCounter]) & @CR     Next     MsgBox(4096, $sTitle, $sMsg)     SetError(0)     Return 1 EndFunc   ;==>_ArrayDisplay

So long,

Mega

#31 Jos

Jos

• Developers
  • 23,223 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 08:47 PM

Hi,

is senseless to do a Byref Const here, I guess.

No it is not senseless .... the sense is that you don't have to copy the Array in memory before being able to display it.
Agree you cannot use a func in the _ArrayDisplay() that returns an Array.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

#32 Xenobiologist

Xenobiologist

Xx Code~Mega xX

• MVPs
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 08:51 PM

No it is not senseless .... the sense is that you don't have to copy the Array in memory before being able to display it.
Agree you cannot use a func in the _ArrayDisplay() that returns an Array.

Hi,

so what is more important to you?

Will there be a change or option?

So long,

Mega

#33 Xenobiologist

Xenobiologist

Xx Code~Mega xX

• MVPs
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 06:10 PM

Hi,

so what is more important to you?

Will there be a change or option?

So long,

Mega

Hi,

no answer? :)

Why?

So long,

Mega

#34 Jos

Jos

• Developers
  • 23,223 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 02:34 PM

Asked randallc if he can complete the posted _ArrayViewKiss() code and updated it into the _ArrayDisplay() UDF in Array.au3. also the Example and Helpfile input needs to be reviewed.
When they are all updated, it will be commited.

Edited by JdeB, 07 May 2007 - 02:34 PM.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

#35 randallc

randallc

Universalist

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 03:28 PM

Asked randallc if he can complete the posted _ArrayViewKiss() code and updated it into the _ArrayDisplay() UDF in Array.au3. also the Example and Helpfile input needs to be reviewed.

Woops!
Missed all that... I'll have a look again; I thought Jdeb was going to use this as a sample only and write in another language; like Scite is written... Oh well. Later this week perhaps. [I hadn't even started to think about error checking here..]
Best, randall

#36 Jos

Jos

• Developers
  • 23,223 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 03:29 PM

Woops!
Missed all that... I'll have a look again; I thought Jdeb was going to use this as a sample only and write in another language; like Scite is written... Oh well. Later this week perhaps. [I hadn't even started to think about error checking here..]
Best, randall

Only sent the PM today ... so not much you have missed :)

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users