Advanced Development - Unicode and 64bit

Jon

• Administrators

Hi,

I thought this might have helped convert the code sent by "GUICtrlSendMsg calls"; but I still don't know how to convert that message for Date control GUI combi "style"; no solutions have helped; perhaps it is unrelated to the unicode change?

BVest, randall

The code ran fine for me, so I don't know either.

The code ran fine for me, so I don't know either.

See my comment to Jdeb; I don't think your message box would ever have returned the "2007/0/21" style result required (and returned in 3.2.1.14 and all versions before)

DateFormat Bug

I think you mean the combo box looked to be formatted OK, which is not the issue! [or was only 1 issue of 2]

Best, randall

Edited by randallc

• Administrators

Here's a quite interesting article on unicode which might explain why I'm doing the seemingly mental and trying to make it work in AutoIt :)

http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/Unicode.html

SciTe: UTF-8 with BOM

Want to note that when using IniRead I'm having no joy with text files encoded in "UTF-8 with BOM" on the other hand "UCS-2 Little Endian" works just perfectly! (all files were edited using SciTE Version 1.73 and files run by AutoIt 3.2.4.9). @Jon = I deeply appreciate your efforts on Unicode; enables possibility for true multi-language support in my app & is (eventually) the thing that will lead AutoIt to world domination! :)

EDIT: I'm 100% looking forward to Regular expressions with unicode support..

Edited by Sunaj

You know, I think it's time to give up on 9x. I still have a 98SEDE virtual machine and an old Compaq with 98SE installed underneath XP Pro so I can restore back to it, but Microsoft no longer provides support for 9x including a lack of new Windows Updates. And you all know how much they love distributing those updates.

• 5 months later...
  • Administrators

I've uploaded a new 64 bit beta at: http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/files/beta/autoit/x64/

I've got DllCall and DllStruct...() working which were the final outstanding issues so I could do with some testing. It may be a while before I get a working installer so you'll just have to use the files manually.

It's about 50% faster than the 32bit version - only if you have a 64bit OS of course <_<

I've uploaded a new 64 bit beta at: http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/files/beta/autoit/x64/

I've got DllCall and DllStruct...() working which were the final outstanding issues so I could do with some testing. It may be a while before I get a working installer so you'll just have to use the files manually.

It's about 50% faster than the 32bit version - only if you have a 64bit OS of course <_<

Wow thanks Jon, I've been waiting for a full version of x64 AutoIt to come out for a while now.

Tested a few API's with DllCall, and they seem to work flawlessly. So far so good, keep up the splendid work!