Multiple Desktops - V 1.5.1

Achilles

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was kind of wondering this myself. Are you still working on the version that you are displaying in your sig? If so, is there any spasific time by wich you think it will be relised.

Not trying to be pushy. Just curious.

Spoiler

"If a vegetarian eats vegetables,What the heck does a humanitarian eat?"

"I hear voices in my head, but I ignore them and continue on killing."

"You have forced me to raise the indifference warning to beige, it's a beige alert people. As with all beige alerts please prepare to think about the possibility of caring."

An optimist says that giving someone power DOESN'T immediately turn them into a sadist. A pessimist says that giving someone power doesn't IMMEDIATELY turn them into a sadist.

I don't know why the CPU usage is so big but for me it never exceeds 7%... Wait until I release the new version of this program and see if that solves the problem. If it doesn't I'll try to fix it :)

I added a Sleep(10) to your While action and my cpu dropped to almost 0%.

Example:

While 1
    If ClipGet() <> $currentClip then
        $clipSplit = StringSplit(ClipGet(), '\')
        If IsArray($clipSplit) then
            If $clipSplit[0] > 4 then
                If $clipSplit[1] & '\' & $clipSplit[2] & '\' & $clipSplit[3] & '\' & $clipSplit[4] = @UserProfileDir & '\Desktop' then
                    $copyFromDesktop = True
                    ConSoleWrite('Copy from desktop = True')
                Else
                    ConSoleWrite('Copy from desktop = False')
                    $copyFromDesktop = False
                EndIf
            Else
                $copyFromDesktop = False
            EndIf
        Else
            $copyFromDesktop = False
        EndIf
        $currentClip = ClipGet()
        Sleep(200)
    EndIf

Sleep(10)

Wend

The code is nearly ready and then I'll have to prepare the installer due to multiple file images. I could finish this withing a day but 4 AP classes are taking their toll quite effectively in that I have absolutely no free time. However, the weekend should give me some free time so I plan to finish it up (even if it will not have all the features I wanted to add).

Sorry for keeping everyone waiting so long but the new version is about a 100000 times better than the first version so it required tons of work. And now, enough talking, and to get programming...

@Mr. Zero: Thanks for noticing that. It doesn't really matter to the updated version but I'll add something in the OP about it until I get the new version out.

EDIT: A bit more info... I would recommend not starting to use the old version now because I have no idea what will happen if you do try. And since I was not precise about when my release date was I am hoping to release this weekend.

Edited by Piano_Man
My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]

Ausom man. Im really looking forward to this. I would expect to see something like this to cost money so im really glad that your relising it for free!!! I loved your first one so I know that im going to love this one. Good luck with the final stretch.

Spoiler

"If a vegetarian eats vegetables,What the heck does a humanitarian eat?"

"I hear voices in my head, but I ignore them and continue on killing."

"You have forced me to raise the indifference warning to beige, it's a beige alert people. As with all beige alerts please prepare to think about the possibility of caring."

An optimist says that giving someone power DOESN'T immediately turn them into a sadist. A pessimist says that giving someone power doesn't IMMEDIATELY turn them into a sadist.

Ausom man. Im really looking forward to this. I would expect to see something like this to cost money so im really glad that your relising it for free!!! I loved your first one so I know that im going to love this one. Good luck with the final stretch.

Hmmm... making people pay for it... Good idea! No, just joking... if a great programming language like AutoIt can be free so can my programs. Thanks for the support!
My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]

Cool! I'm gonna boot back into Windows to try this.. hold on.

[center]"Yes, [our app] runs on Windows as well as Linux, but if you had a Picasso painting, would you put it in the bathroom?" -BitchX.com (IRC client)"I would change the world, but they won't give me the source code." -Unknownsite . blog . portfolio . claimidcode.is.poetry();[/center]

I wasn't able to add any desktops. Most of the Configuration program doesn't respond. And it puts this little picture frame in the middle of my screen whenever it's on..

Sorry if I sound discouraging..

[center]"Yes, [our app] runs on Windows as well as Linux, but if you had a Picasso painting, would you put it in the bathroom?" -BitchX.com (IRC client)"I would change the world, but they won't give me the source code." -Unknownsite . blog . portfolio . claimidcode.is.poetry();[/center]

Yes I noticed that. Run the .exe directly from program files, or in other words open Explorer and actually double click on the icon for Multiple Desktop.exe'.

For some reason my shortcuts and the run command aren't getting the same response as double clicking on the icon.

Edit: I'm guessing the "little picture frame" is your toolbar. Since you only have one desktop the toolbar isn't of much use but I expected people to add desktops as one of the first things they do which would then give the toolbar functionality.

Edited by Piano_Man

This sounds real cool!

@ work we use a lot Java app's. Most multi desks got confused or messed up the applets.

I'll hope this one can help me out!

Greetingzzz

Sorry for my poor English, I'm just a bloody forainer from the flat country called Nederland.

This sounds real cool!

@ work we use a lot Java app's. Most multi desks got confused or messed up the applets.

I'll hope this one can help me out!

Greetingzzz

I am not familiar with Java (even though I just started taking class on it)... Try replacing all your files that make up the Java app's back onto your desktop (or where they were before) and see if that helps. If it doesn't could you try expanding your problem a little bit so that I (or someone) might be of more help?

New version

Changes:

• Shortcuts created at install are now working
  • Fixed a bug that caused the toolbar to disappear
  • Fixed a few other small things
Note, from now on I will be uploading a Multiple Desktops.exe and the Installer as different options. If you already have Multiple Desktops setup then just replace the Multiple Desktkops.exe with the one that is in the first post of this topic.

Add Files and Add Folders does not work (clicking on the button does nothing), other than that amazing job!

EDIT: when you close the Configure Desktops window it centers the vertical position of the toolbar's position and centers the horizontal position if the toolbar is on the left side of the screen.

EDIT2: Ok.. the add files and folders is working now, is it possible that a configuration file or something is not created by default if one does not exist?

EDIT3: .......... lol and now its not again i didn't do anything but maximize firefox and type EDIT2..

EDIT4: Suggestion: User chooseable hotkeys for each desktop.

Edited by smstroble

MUHAHAHAHAHA

Add Files and Add Folders does not work (clicking on the button does nothing), other than that amazing job!

EDIT: when you close the Configure Desktops window it centers the vertical position of the toolbar's position and centers the horizontal position if the toolbar is on the left side of the screen.

EDIT2: Ok.. the add files and folders is working now, is it possible that a configuration file or something is not created by default if one does not exist?

EDIT3: .......... lol and now its not again i didn't do anything but maximize firefox and type EDIT2..

EDIT4: Suggestion: User chooseable hotkeys for each desktop.

Oh yes, I forgot to look into that problem even though I noticed it sometime back. I'll look into that. It seems that if you click it just right it will actually work (I have no idea why). And I don't know what "just right" is so just try a bunch of times. Or use the new "Quick Options" I added which makes it easier.

I'm not sure what you mean by a "Configuration File"... The process exclude list and the window exclude list start out blank and the animation by default is a black fade in/fade out with a progress bar. Let me know if you meant something other then that.

I was thinking about adding a customizable hotkey thing... But I'm very busy these days and probably won't have much time for improving this other then small things here and there. But I will try to sometime! Does anybody have some UDF or code that is good for making hotkeys. I have seen input boxes that will automatically update to what you press (i.e. I press Ctrl + t) and it will show that in the input box.

EDIT: I'll also look into making the toolbar position more accurate.

Edited by Piano_Man

I was thinking about adding a customizable hotkey thing... But I'm very busy these days and probably won't have much time for improving this other then small things here and there. But I will try to sometime! Does anybody have some UDF or code that is good for making hotkeys. I have seen input boxes that will automatically update to what you press (i.e. I press Ctrl + t) and it will show that in the input box.

Hot Key Controls

A hot key control is a window that enables the user to enter a combination of keystrokes to be used as a hot key. A hot key is a key combination that the user can press to perform an action quickly. For example, a user can create a hot key that activates a given window and brings it to the top of the z-order. The hot key control displays the user's choices and ensures that the user selects a valid key combination.

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms671793.aspx

Some more help :).

Keep up the good job :).

Your problem is the start in for the shortcut, example, just after install of latest ver...

Target:

"C:\Program Files\Multiple Desktops\Multiple Desktops.exe"

Start In:

"C:\Multiple Desktops"

Should be:

"C:\Program Files\Multiple Desktops"

That is not correct...

Edited by AMD

I'm not sure what you mean by a "Configuration File"... The process exclude list and the window exclude list start out blank and the animation by default is a black fade in/fade out with a progress bar. Let me know if you meant something other then that.

Often times large programs like this have an ini or some method or storeing value's and i have seen it happen before where the default setting were not included with the program causeing it to function improperly. It was just a possibility to think on if you had never encountered the problem before.

EDIT: i have discovered the "just right" area on the add files and add folders buttons, it the bottom edge of the button, just about anywhere under the text, perhaps the label is ontop of the button?

EDIT2: another bug, if you delete a desktop in the configure window is deletes the wrong desktop tab, but everything else seems to be changed properly.

EDIT: another, If you open the configuration window with the toolbar disabled and you close the configuration window without enabling the toolbar it will still show it. and it will act strange, if you try to move it it will move a second copy giving you two copy's of the toolbar.

Edited by smstroble

MUHAHAHAHAHA

:) Annoying school... all these things I need to do.

@Mr. Zero: Yes, that is what I was talking about. However, in a brief look at the link I don't think I have the time or capability of doing that right now. Has anyone made one of these already?

@AMD: I think I might of changed that, not sure though... is that happening with the newest version? I changed it but I don't know if I updated it on the website...

@AMD again: I don't know what I could do about that... probably something PaulIA's AutoItLib but that will have to wait until next weekend.

@smstroble: Ok, I see you mean. However I think my program is fairly secure against people deleting stuff in the registry that pertains to it.. I haven't tested it too much though.

I'll try seeing if that's the problem for those two buttons, it probably is something like that.

About the deleting of desktops I think I now what is causing that and will try to fix it as soon as possible.

Ugh, I see the toolbar bug too.. You could end up with as many toolbars as you wanted. I'll fix that too!

@All: thanks for noticing these things and thanks for the replies!