Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

New look for AutoIt v.3

76 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I am not sure about how much you folks like the current look of AutoIt, but I have created a new logo with a more updated look. While trying to maintain most of the main features of the current logo with a few changes to color and updates, I have created a logo that seems to fit the advanced nature of the programming language. I have small and large versions, including an original that is 600x230. If anyone would like to include this logo in the new version, just ask.

EDIT: I can also make all icon sizes needed for the installer including filetype and low color variations for the system tray and older versions of windows.

EDITEDIT: This logo is also in vector form, so I can provide versions as large as you need up to thousands of pixels. This will help out when making the new mugs and tees. (Assuming of course this is the new accepted logo.)

EVERYBODY tell me exactly what you think of it.

Edited by this-is-me

Posted

I am not sure about how much you folks like the current look of AutoIt, but I have created a new logo with a more updated look. While trying to maintain most of the main features of the current logo with a few changes to color and updates, I have created a logo that seems to fit the advanced nature of the programming language. I have small and large versions, including an original that is 600x230. If anyone would like to include this logo in the new version, just ask.

EDIT: I can also make all icon sizes needed for the installer including filetype and low color variations for the system tray and older versions of windows.

EDITEDIT: This logo is also in vector form, so I can provide versions as large as you need up to thousands of pixels. This will help out when making the new mugs and tees. (Assuming of course this is the new accepted logo.)

EVERYBODY tell me exactly what you think of it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

nice.

Posted (edited)

I have also started creation of the iconsets needed for the filetype, but I need some help picking the best one.

I am leaning towards the 3rd (the one with Au3 on it), but let me know what your personal preference is. The last icon is the current icon for the files.

Edited by this-is-me

Posted

I like the one in the bottom left corner. (the 5th one I guess)

Posted

Thanks for your opinion. I have also made a wallpaper for those die-hard autoiters that like simplicity (like jon). This is also my current wallpaper:

Posted

Thanks for your opinion. I have also  made a wallpaper for those die-hard autoiters that like simplicity (like jon). This is also my current wallpaper:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Very nice. Maybe you would like to share these in the public section? I would probably have use for a wallpaper with 800x600 resolution.

I like all the icons, but maybe 3rd one the most.

Posted

Really nice :ph34r:

For the icon I don't know, like tuape said, all of them are very good :(

But I would prefer the same like CyberSlug and tuape...but it would be good to see it as icon - maybe the one at the right top is better for 'clearly'(don't know the english phrase) reading.

Posted

Really nice :ph34r:

For the icon I don't know, like tuape said, all of them are very good :(

But I would prefer the same like CyberSlug and tuape...but it would be good to see it as icon - maybe the one at the right top is better for 'clearly'(don't know the english phrase) reading.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

very cool. I just set my background to it.

Posted

I like it alot, but it might be heading a bit too much like the Automate logo which I recently found was very very similar to the one I did for AutoIt... :ph34r:

http://www.networkautomation.com/automate/screenshots.htm

The waybackmachine indicates that they had that style first and I'd never seen it. There are only so many things you can do with the letter A :lol: The filetype icons would look especially similar, so may favourite would be number 4, the one with au3.

I'd also want to be able to replicate any logo redesigns as I don't like relying on other people for things like this as they have a habit of getting bored and disappearing :(

Posted

I have also started creation of the iconsets needed for the filetype, but I need some help picking the best one.

The Au3 is my favourite! Great job! Thanks!

Posted (edited)

Since the vote so far is in favor of the one with the au3, that is the one I will submit.

@jon, I can submit these in Macromedia Fireworks PNG format, or submit one huge original in separate files for each layer. Just let me know which one you want. I realise exactly the problem you face since I may not be here all the time. The icon sets are almost ready for public use, so I will post the results on this forum tomorrow.

EDIT: for the part of looking like automate, in my personal opinion, the new logo has more class than the somewhat crumby-looking automate icon.

Edited by this-is-me

Posted

I have a small predicament on the icons. I did not realise at the time, but the icon everybody seems to like is too wide. Therefore, I have an alternative I would like you to look at:

The first is the oringinal, which is too fat. In the second, the u3 is not as wide. In the third, the A, u, and 3 are all smaller. Which one looks better to you? I am voting for the second, since the third is a half pixel to the left and down, and there is no way to fix it without rebuilding the entire icon. Let me know what you think.

Posted (edited)

@tuape, Wallpapers are now in the following formats:

1280x1024

1024x768

800x600

all zipped up in one file:

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/public/this-is-me/Logos/Wallpapers/wallpapers.zip

On my previous post, I think I will go with just the a-circle on the 16x16 logo. Anything else would be very hard to see.

Edited by this-is-me

Posted (edited)

@jon, I have uploaded the icons here:

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/public/this-is-me/Logos/au3icons.zip

The following color/size combinations are available:

128x128 32bit XP

48x48 32bit

48x48 256 color

48x48 16 color

32x32 32bit XP

32x32 256 color

32x32 16 color

16x16 32bit XP

16x16 256 color

16x16 16 color

If you need any of those removed, I can upload more, but I have given all possible variations I know of that could be useful.

Edited by this-is-me

Posted

Really great :(

Posted

@tuape, Wallpapers are now in the following formats:

1280x1024

1024x768

800x600

all zipped up in one file:

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/public/this-is-me/Logos/Wallpapers/wallpapers.zip

On my previous post, I think I will go with just the a-circle on the 16x16 logo. Anything else would be very hard to see.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Downloaded and in use. Thanks!

Posted

Thanks for the icons, I'll have a look. I can always include lots of different icons in the installer so people can swap and choose. :ph34r: So feel free to upload all the different ones you asked us to look at. I have to be careful with the autoit3.exe icon though as I only use the 16 colour one for that to keep the exe size down.

I "tried" to replicate the updated look you have shown after reading a couple of "gradient orb" type tutorials on line. Not as stylish as yours but it's something I could do on my own which is pretty important for me when I need to change things and do silly things like make mouse mats :(

I've never really played with layers much, but I love learning new tricks so I'm chuffed with it.

Yes/no/terrible?

Posted

Another idea for a filetype icon is something I remember being mentioned right at the start of the project. An A with the "cubed" symbol. I.e a big A with a tiny tiny "3" at the top right. That might look pretty cool.

Posted

Close, what program do you use for the drawing? I have noted your drawing to help out some:

I like the idea of A cubed, but it can't be integrated into the current icon. It would have to be inlcuded as an A3 with no orb.

Posted

Close, what program do you use for the drawing? I have noted your drawing to help out some:

I like the idea of A cubed, but it can't be integrated into the current icon. It would have to be inlcuded as an A3 with no orb.

Oooh, that looks good. I think I will setup a page on the main downloads page for things like this. Do you mind if I included all your current logos/icons/wallpapers on that page for anyone to download? How do you want to be credited/named/email address etc (I know that I usually don't have my email address on web pages to reduce spam).

I used photoshop for that attempt. I've also got access to paint shop pro too.

The tutorial I followed was here: http://www.idigitalemotion.com/tutorials/guest/orb/orb.html . I'll see if I can use what I learned there to make the adjustments you mentioned. Damn, I'm so easily sidetracked when faced with tricky coding :ph34r:

Posted (edited)

Ok, 2nd attempt:

I think I followed the advice you gave. I looked up some "metal ring" tutorials to try and get the ring more rounded.

Edited by Jon

Posted

My favourite is Au3.

Posted

Great work, jon. Yes, you can use any of my work as-is and I will send you any more you need in any formats I need to make. Do you want all the icon formats in the purple? If so I can remake and upload to the public space.

Posted

Great work, jon. Yes, you can use any of my work as-is and I will send you any more you need in any formats I need to make. Do you want all the icon formats in the purple? If so I can remake and upload to the public space.

If you don't mind, that would be great. The 16x16 filetype icon seems to be a bit small, so might go with th current one for that and have the flashy au3 icons for the bigger views. Can't remember the last time I saw a 90KB icon file :ph34r::(

Posted

:ph34r: Just making sure you have everything you need. I will post the full set later.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0