This is a project Ive been working on since January of 2007. What inspired me to do this
was the Belkin Nostromo keypad and the Logitech G15 keyboard. I use macros whiles playing
the games that I like, such as UT and WoW. I wanted a way to give the gaming community
a way to create custom keystroke macros and get it done easy without having to get a new
keyboard or buying software.
The application lets you create a macro by recording the keys that you press in real-time. It will
record the key as well as the exact delay between the key ups and downs. Each macro can be
binded to any key of your liking, so while in game you can press that single key and perform
complex key-presses with exact timing. You can also insert your own delays, keys, and mouse
events manually to customize your macro. You can create profiles containing macros that you
can share with other gamers.
You can specify a toggle key to turn on and off your keybinds while in game. It will play a
sound when you toggle your macros on and off to notify you in-game.
You can specify a key to start and stop recording your macro while in game. When pressed
a message will sound tell you that your recording and when you are stopped recording.
UPDATE: August 18, 2010
MacroGamer 3 is in development. This release will not be written in AutoIt and will no longer be open source. More info on that in the future.
- Concurrently running macros.
- Target multiple windows at once.
- Multi-client communication, ability to trigger a macro from a remote computer.
- Clone key presses on multiple windows on different machines.
- Copy one macro into another.
- Ability to pause recording and continue later.
- Improved event manipulation, macro list will be easier to read and modify.
If you want to view source, I attached a ZIP containing all the files necessary to compile.
I provide source to you for learning purposes only and for those who are just interested.
If you plan on using this, then I attached a setup to install MacroGamer for you.
- Keyboard recording and playback
- Precise recording of each up and down event for key presses
- Mouse recording and playback
- Left and right mouse buttons
- Mouse wheel
- Mouse movement
- Custom time delays
- Insert custom time delays between events
- Manual change of current time delays
- Precision down to a hundredth of a second
- Key binds
- Bind your macros to any* key on the keyboard
- Recording toggle key-bind for easy in-game recording
- Run/Stop key-bind to toggle binded macros on the flash
- Sound notifications in-game for certain key-binds.
- Macro looping
- Repeat macros non-stop or how many times you choose
- Pixel events
- Insert custom pixel events to make your macros smarter
- Ability to make your macros "wait" until a pixel on your screen changes colors
- Create and share custom profiles with others
- Each profile can have as many macros as you choose
Standard Keyboard and mouse
Vista users may have to disable UAC to get it to work.
Check FAQ below for further information.
PLEASE READ ALL BELOW BEFORE USING
If you installed any previous versions, please uninstall MacroGamer before installing newer version.
Some games use macro protection, so this might not work for your game. So please, DO NOT post any comments asking how to bypass any anti-cheat protection.
How to use
To use this software follow these steps:
1. Open MacroGamer.
2. Click "Create New".
3. Enter in a name for the macro.
4. Click "Start Recording".
5. Record your macro.
6. Click "Stop Recording".
7. Click "Bind To Key"
8. Press any key on your keyboard you wish to bind the macro to.
9. Click "OK".
10. Click "Run".
11. Press the key you binded your macro to.
12. Watch your macro play.
Q. I click Run but nothing happens, what am I doing wrong?
A. Make sure that you have binded the macro to a key. Clicking Run just turns on your binded keys. If this is not the case, then try turning off UAC if your using Vista or Windows 7.
Q. I don't think this works for my game, whats wrong?
A. Some games have anti-cheat protection. At this point there is no bybass.
Q. Why won't my macro get saved?
A. Try doing the following:
- You MUST run MacroGamer with admin privileges.
- Ensure you have write privileges to your MacroGamer profile ".mgp" and it's not set to read-only.
- Make sure you have UAC disabled. How to disable UAC (must be admin to do this)
- If those above don't work, create a new profile and put it on your desktop.
DO NOT make MacroGamer a subset to any other program. MacroGamer is intended to be a stand alone application. In other words do not include MacroGamer within another software package. MacroGamer is open source for learning purposes only. You may NOT modify and/or take the idea of MacroGamer without proper permission from the author.
===== ALERT =====
DO NOT download MacroGamer from ANY OTHER website. This is the ONLY place that I have posted this software for download. DO NOT trust ANY OTHER web site.
NOTE: Recently anti-virus programs have been detecting this as a threat. This is a false positive. Please read "Are my AutoIt EXE's really infected?" thread BEFORE posting any comment regarding this being a virus. If your so concerned about it, then stop using it.
Edited by Toady, 25 August 2010 - 04:19 PM.