This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more here. X
X

Photo

Web Protocol Managing

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ConsultingJoe

ConsultingJoe

ConsultingJoe.com

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 10:12 PM

This will let you get, create, delete protocols.
Heres a GUI & UDFs
Example Of Use: Posted Image
Example Of GUI: Posted Image

AutoIt         
#include <GUIConstants.au3> #Include <GuiListView.au3> #Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form= $Form1 = GUICreate("AForm1", 571, 429, 193, 115) $ListView1 = GUICtrlCreateListView("Protocol|Command", 0, 1, 570, 382) _GUICtrlListViewSetColumnWidth( $ListView1, 0, 80 ) _GUICtrlListViewSetColumnWidth( $ListView1, 1, 470 ) $Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Get Protocols", 235, 392, 80, 33, 0) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) #EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ### While 1     $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()     Switch $nMsg         Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE             Exit         Case $Button1             ProgressOn( "Searching", "Please Wait" )             _GUICtrlListViewDeleteAllItems ( $ListView1 )             $array = _ProtocolGet()             ProgressOff()             For $i = 0 To UBound( $array, 1 )-1                 _GUICtrlListViewInsertItem ( $ListView1, -1, $array[$i][0]&"|"&$array[$i][1] )             Next     EndSwitch WEnd #cs Function:             _ProtocolDelete Discription:             Deletes a protocol from the registry. Params:     $protocol                 The name of the protocol WARNING:             Using this improperly can cause problems make sure             you only delete a protocol you created or you know             will not take effect on your computer. #ce Func _ProtocolDelete($protocol)     RegDelete( "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\"&$protocol )     If @error Then         Return @error     Else         Return 1     EndIf EndFunc #cs Function:             _ProtocolCreate Discription:             Creates a protocol and assigns a name and command to it. Params:     $protocol   = The protocol             $name       = The name of the protocol             $command    = The command to run                 note: use  "%1"  after the program to add the url #ce Func _ProtocolCreate($protocol, $name, $command)     RegWrite("HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\"&$protocol)     RegWrite("HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\"&$protocol, "", "REG_SZ", "URL:"&$name)     RegWrite("HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\"&$protocol, "URL Protocol", "REG_SZ", "")     RegWrite("HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\"&$protocol&"\shell\open\command")     RegWrite("HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\"&$protocol&"\shell\open\command", "", "REG_SZ", $command) EndFunc #cs Function:             _ProtocolGet Discription:             Gets the protocols from the registry using a two dimension array.             $array[index][0] = Protocol             $array[index][1] = Command Params:     None #ce Func _ProtocolGet()     Local $i = 0     Local $ii = 0     Dim $protocolarray[1][2]     While 1         $i = $i + 1         $protocol = RegEnumKey("HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT", $i)         If @error <> 0 then             Return $protocolarray         Else                 RegRead("HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\"&$protocol, "URL Protocol")             If @error = 0 Then                 $command = RegRead("HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\"&$protocol&"\shell\open\command" , "")                 If @error = 0 Then                     ReDim $protocolarray [$ii+1][2]                     $protocolarray[$ii][0] = $protocol                     $protocolarray[$ii][1] = $command                     $ii = $ii + 1                 EndIf             EndIf         EndIf     WEnd EndFunc

Edited by CyberZeroCool, 15 June 2007 - 04:22 PM.

#2 ConsultingJoe

ConsultingJoe

ConsultingJoe.com

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 04:45 AM

UPDATED Post #1 with images of examples of use

I used this to create an AutoIt Protocol: au3://skillz

there are some protocols you don't know about such as:
AIM://AOL Aim
SC://Winamp
ICY://Winamp
ITMS://ITunes
MMS://Windows Media Player
NOTE: LINKS DON'T WORK FROM THE FORUM

#3 James

James

Universalist

• MVPs
  • 10,364 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 04:36 PM

It displays all the protocols, but I can't access them.

How do you create these etc?

Edited by Secure_ICT, 15 June 2007 - 04:36 PM.

#4 ConsultingJoe

ConsultingJoe

ConsultingJoe.com

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 04:59 PM

It displays all the protocols, but I can't access them.

How do you create these etc?

Use the UDFs in the script. I'm only using the get to get the protocols in the gui

#5 ConsultingJoe

ConsultingJoe

ConsultingJoe.com

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 02:22 AM

I just wanted to revisit this topic because I just forgot about it and found it. I want to share it again to see if anyone could use this. I makes for a great feature for you internet/network programs.

#6 WeMartiansAreFriendly

WeMartiansAreFriendly

Where's the kaboom?

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,245 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 06:27 AM

I can find use out this.

thanks.
Posted ImageDon't bother, It's inside your monitor!------GUISetOnEvent should behave more like HotKeySet()

#7 BrettF

BrettF

My Drunk Monkey Guerilla is gonna getcha!

• MVPs
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 06:41 AM

Cool :D

#8 ConsultingJoe

ConsultingJoe

ConsultingJoe.com

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:39 PM

Long time, no posts. I found my Topic I made 5 years ago on this and looking to see if there is a better solution for what I need.

I'm trying to make a print option on a Web-based POS (point of sale) terminal computer. The POS uses Firefox mainly and the cash drawer pops open only when a receipt is printed. I need a nice integrated solution to print from the browser without the dialog?

Anyone have any ideas? I figured this might work, just make an app that listens for that protocol and then takes the active window, send the print command and click print. Basically unless someone has a better idea?

Thanks,
CyberZeroCool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users