MSI Editor. A database ?!

ptrex

I am fairly new to AutoIt and cant quite figure out why I am getting an error on line 20 with this MSI editor.

error follows

--------------------------------------------------

Line 20

Global Const $WM_NOTIFY=0x004E

Global Const ^ERROR

Error: Can not redeclare a constant

---------------------------------------------------

Any ideas are appreciated.

I am running this on Windows XP

using the latest version of AutoIT v.3

Thanks,

Chris

The script has not been updated to work with newer releases of AutoIt. Just comment out Line 20

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

It looks like i will be the one to resurrect this old topic but i have some questions !

1.Is there going to be a new updated version for this - it seems like a little bit unfinished ?

2.It displays the MSI file contents fine but i cant "edit" anything besides remove whole tables.Not much of a "editor" - how can i remove/edit only a part of a table?

I havent played much with this but the idea is excellent.

10x

@Juvigy

1.Is there going to be a new updated version for this - it seems like a little bit unfinished ?

Not within a short term notice.

It did server for my needs at the time I needed it.

Feel free to pick it up and continue.

2.It displays the MSI file contents fine but i cant "edit" anything besides remove whole tables.Not much of a "editor" - how can i remove/edit only a part of a table?

You need to use the SQL syntax to edit / remove or whatever changes you want to make.

You can start writing these SQL statements in AU3 funtions so they become more generic and userfriendly.

But where has then the fun gone :mellow:

rgds

ptrex

• 3 weeks later...