This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more here. X
X

Photo

WinSetPos Func

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Xenobiologist

Xenobiologist

Xx Code~Mega xX

• MVPs
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 10:21 AM

Hi,

I'm a mod from the German Autoit Forum. Quite often the question appears, how to resize a window.

Maybe we can offer a func like WinGetPos for the opposite. (WinSetPos)

Something like this :

; WinSetPos() WinSetPos(WinGetTitle(''), 100, 100, 400, 400) Func WinSetPos($title, $text = '', $x = 0, $y = 0, $width = @DesktopWidth, $height = @DesktopHeight)     Local $wtmm = Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 3)     Local $wsc = Opt("WinSearchChildren", 1)     Local $returnCode = WinMove($title, $text, $x, $y, $width, $height)     Opt("WinSearchChildren", $wsc)     Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", $wtmm)     If $returnCode Then Return 1     Return -1 EndFunc   ;==>WinSetPos

Just a thought.

So long,

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files *new

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

#2 Manadar

Manadar

• MVPs
  • 10,848 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 11:28 AM

Seems to me like that is a rename of the WinMove function.

#3 Xenobiologist

Xenobiologist

Xx Code~Mega xX

• MVPs
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 03:26 PM

Seems to me like that is a rename of the WinMove function.

Hi,

maybe an alias for nearly the same funtion. I guess, WinGetPos and WinSetPos will be much more clear for those who didn't know the helpfile that good.

So long,

Mega

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

#4 jpm

jpm

a Real GUI/debug lover

• Developers
  • 9,750 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 02:51 PM

Hi,

maybe an alias for nearly the same funtion. I guess, WinGetPos and WinSetPos will be much more clear for those who didn't know the helpfile that good.

So long,

Mega

In fact WinMove is an old heritage from AutoIt V2.
Some other can be inn the same situation at least the related info link to the related function whatever is the naming.
We don't want too many alias. I think Jon can agree with that :)

Edited by jpm, 07 September 2007 - 02:54 PM.

#5 Xenobiologist

Xenobiologist

Xx Code~Mega xX

• MVPs
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 03:03 PM

Hi,

if you break some script with the new version. Might be a chance to do this, too.

So long,

Mega

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users