New UDF functions

GEOSoft

I saw something in a post about a new naming convention for UDF functions. What is now expected and are there any plans afoot to change the previous standard functions?

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

• Developers

Many GUI Functions have been renamed to avoid issues with the old functions and with the au3lib functions.

I probably need to review the standards but they are posted in the sticky and that is what we use at this moment.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Many GUI Functions have been renamed to avoid issues with the old functions and with the au3lib functions.

I probably need to review the standards but they are posted in the sticky and that is what we use at this moment.

Jos

Thanks Jos

It doesn't appear as if the standards have changed. I was afraid they were going to change as follows

Func _AdoAddRecord()

becomes

Func _Ado_AddRecord()

That could be a nightmare unless someone writes a script to convert all of our existing code.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

Thanks Jos

It doesn't appear as if the standards have changed. I was afraid they were going to change as follows

Func _AdoAddRecord()

becomes

Func _Ado_AddRecord()

That could be a nightmare unless someone writes a script to convert all of our existing code.

I like the naming convention!

I do think it would be REALLY nice to have a script to convert all existing code. How could this be done? If anyone has good ideas. I can start something, and then others can hack at it and make it good. :)

Edited by JohnBailey
A decision is a powerful thing

It will not be such big pain boys.

Your old projects which needn't be modified/recompiled can stay untouched.

Just these "live" projects on which you are working now must be updated with new syntax.

How many projects are you working on now? It will not be big number surely.

And this update can be simple with Scite4Autoit3:

Just hit F5/Alt+F5 and then go to error lines and with Autocomplete modify function names.

or make "replace all" for these functions from error lines.

Your old projects which needn't be modified/recompiled can stay untouched.

Just these "live" projects on which you are working now must be updated with new syntax.

Just hit F5/Alt+F5 and then go to error lines and with Autocomplete modify function names.

or make "replace all" for these functions from error lines.

Yeah, the F5/Alt+F5 is what I'm doing right now. It's actually helping me clean up my scripts (learned new things since then). I was just saying it would be nice for some of the udfs we've created that are not included in the releases or personal udfs. I wanted to offer attempting to put something together. I agree with you though Zedna and I REALLY like the new scheme,

A decision is a powerful thing

• 4 weeks later...

Your old projects which needn't be modified/recompiled can stay untouched.

or make "replace all" for these functions from error lines.

Unfortunetly it's not that simple, one thing changes the other one is affected and so on. Plus behaviour of some functions isn't the same as it was. Everything will be fine, but it's not gonna be painless :P

My little company: Evotec (PL version: Evotec)

Unfortunetly it's not that simple, one thing changes the other one is affected and so on. Plus behaviour of some functions isn't the same as it was. Everything will be fine, but it's not gonna be painless :P

Way back when the there was major changes to the GUI code. I just wrote a script that updated most of the old code. It could be done again and it's not difficult.

When I closed all my projects a couple of months ago I had 34 active and several were large scripts with a lot of function calls. Some people will have a large number of open scripts to re-work

George