This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more here. X
X

Photo

consolewrite : win9x

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 randallc

randallc

Universalist

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 12:55 AM

Hi,
I can't see whether this has been reported; but I can't get consolewrite working, eg helpfile example, in Win ME (at least under vmWare)
At least as far back as 3.2.1.0 and to present production and beta.12
Is this documented?
Best, randall

Edited by randallc, 18 November 2007 - 03:53 AM.

#2 Valik

Valik

Former developer.

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,879 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 02:06 AM

It works fine when you compile as ANSI. Hint hint.

NO BUG.

Edit: Hmm, let me clarify. I compiled the example script, copied it to a Windows 98 machine, opened command and typed: "Test.exe > out.txt". The file contained what I expected. The script was compiled as ANSI, compiled as UNICODE won't work.

Edited by Valik, 18 November 2007 - 02:08 AM.

#3 randallc

randallc

Universalist

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 02:29 AM

Hi,
Is it Scite then?; I mean to run with "F5" or Alt-F5 in win ME from scite; there is no "consoleWrite" as expected in the Scite console?..
Are you saying I have to change the example script to include a line to tell it to use ANSI? it runs, apparently, with Autoit3a.exe anyway?
Best, randall

>"C:\PROGRAM FILES\AUTOIT3\SCITE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /beta /ErrorStdOut /in "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta\Examples\Helpfile\ConsoleWrite.au3" /autoit3dir "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta" /UserParams
+>12:58:40 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.1.9.4
>Running AU3Check (1.54.9.0) from:C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta
+>12:58:41 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.2.9.12):C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta\autoit3a.exe "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta\Examples\Helpfile\ConsoleWrite.au3"
+>12:58:41 AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:0
+>12:58:42 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished
>Exit code: 0 Time: 2.698

#4 Jos

Jos

oh joy ...

• Developers
  • 22,534 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 10:31 PM

AutoIt3wrapper is build with the ANSI version and it should show the consolewrite output..
I thought I looked at this some weeks ago and found an issue with it ..need some time to check it out..

More to follow..

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions                                                                 Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

#5 Valik

Valik

Former developer.

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,879 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 07:18 PM

It has taken quite awhile. I've been pestering Jos for the last few hours having him test build after build, but I finally found the cause of and solution to this problem. It will be fixed in 3.2.11.0.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users