v3.0.103 Unstable - Revolutions

Jon

Jon,

at some point the installer gives the option to uninstall or continue. One of the two options does not fit in a single line and the result is that it cannot be read. (See the attached image)

I think that the AutoItX stuff (which as far as I see only contains the help file) should stay in a separate subfolder. Otherwise newbies might open the AutoItX file instead of the regular AutoIt file.

BTW, Jon, I haven't followed much the AutoItX stuff, but what do you mean by that "(auto registers too)"?

Regarding the Run script I've never used it but I don't think that it bothers me or that it would confuse me as a newbie...

Also, this is the 1st time I've tried the updater, and I can see that the About message box is too small, as the text does not fit in it. Also I think that if the current version is equal to the latest version the corresponding button should be greyed out. Also perhaps a different icon should be used for the updater. It is hard to differenciate it from the other shortcuts otherwise. It is great nevertheless!

Cheers,

Angel

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...at some point the installer gives the option to uninstall or continue. One of the two options does not fit in a single line and the result is that it cannot be read. (See the attached image)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Check your attachment :lmao:

Anyway, with normal font sizes on 1024x768 res, the image looks okay:

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

Updated:

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/files/beta/autoit/

- Changed all version info to 3.1.0.x as the GUI stuff is a major addition so a big version number change is needed.  Hopefully I managed to change all the files and help to reflect this.

- Added AutoItX to the installation (auto registers too)

- Fixed bugs and helpfile typos reported this week

In the installer should the start menu stuff stay as it is?  Should AutoItX be placed in the Extras sub folder?

Should "Run Script" remain?  I am never sure if that helps or hinders people.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have used Run Script. I used it the first day I got AutoIt I would leave it for now. (Personal Opinion) I didnt use it after I got ahold of SciTE. :-D

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

Check your attachment  :lmao:

Anyway, with normal font sizes on 1024x768 res, the image looks okay:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am using the default windows theme and font size although my resolution is higher.

I guess that this could be easily fixed by increasing the corresponding text label size so that it can accomodate two lines of text if necessary.

Cheers,

Angel

• Administrators

I am using the default windows theme and font size although my resolution is higher.

I guess that this could be easily fixed by increasing the corresponding text label size so that it can accomodate two lines of text if necessary.

Cheers,

Angel

I doubled the line size in the installer i uploaded today. No annoucement though, just installer and typo fixes.

• Administrators

Updated:

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/files/beta/autoit/

- Various installer tweaks

- Some documentation typos fixed

- Documented that "regexp=" can be used for matching window titles

RegExp stuff from Nutster:

- Added StringRegExpReplace()

- Added \< and \> regular expressions (beginning and end of word)

- Fixed bug with * not properly matching 0 hits.

- Fixed problem with RegExp cache

Edit: For The RegExpReplace function should the @extended flag stay the same or should it match the StringReplace usage where it returns the number of replacements? What do you think, Nutster?

Edit: For The RegExpReplace function should the @extended flag stay the same or should it match the StringReplace usage where it returns the number of replacements?  What do you think, Nutster?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is easy enough to change. Right now, @Extended gives a true/false answer found because that was easiest when I copied code from StringRegExp. Changing that to the number of replacements should not be too much work. I will adjust and resubmit, maybe tomorrow.

BTW, I have put my test scripts for StringRegExp and StringRegExpReplace in http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/Nutster/ so other can check out what I did.

Edited by Nutster

David Nuttall
Nuttall Computer Consulting

An Aquarius born during the Age of Aquarius

AutoIt allows me to re-invent the wheel so much faster.

I'm off to write a wizard, a wonderful wizard of odd...

• Administrators

Minor Update

- History sections in the helpfile added, some missing examples added.

- Saunders' latest updater included

This will likely be the last update until next weekend (back to hotel hell for me tomorrow).

I give up on the GUI tutorial tbh.  I'm resorting to just installing examples :lmao:  Josbe had a go at a GUI calculator tutorial but I'm not sure it was basic enough for a first timer. (nice though, josbe why don't you put the pages in your directory and let everyone see what they think? ).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

.. and/or maybe you'd like to post it to the Wiki, josbe ... ? It sounds like just the thing we're looking for there. o:)

• Administrators

Updated:

- DllCall internal bug fixed

- Some GUI fixes, including transparent pic stuff

- FileGetTime now works on folders too

- Added '{', '}' ']' and ')' to list of characters that MUST be escaped in regular expressions.

- StringRegExpReplace gives number of replacments in @extended

- Added pipe (|) to regular expressions

Edit: Whoops forgot to include the IniReadSection change, i'll do that tomorrow. Tired.

More edit: AutoItX crashes fixed too.

Edited by Jon

Updated:

- DllCall internal bug fixed

- Some GUI fixes, including transparent pic stuff

- FileGetTime now works on folders too

- Added '{', '}' ']' and ')' to list of characters that MUST be escaped in regular expressions.

- StringRegExpReplace gives number of replacments in @extended

- Added pipe (|) to regular expressions

Edit: Whoops forgot to include the IniReadSection change, i'll do that tomorrow.  Tired.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I will have a unconstraint transparency too

Good night :lmao:

Jon, might give a quick review of functions to see if any others should use @extended instead of @error. I know off the top of my head that Ping() should. Its a little late to be bringing that up, perhaps, but its better now than after another release cycle.

Okay, so how exactly do version numbers work. Cus I'm changing my CompareVersions function around a lot trying to make it work the way I keep thinking it should, and apparently I keep thinking wrong.

I guess basically what I need to know, is if each subnumber should be treated as a decimal or as an integer... explanation by example:

Is 3.0.1.7 higher or lower than 3.0.1.10?

Decimal comparison:

3 = 3

0.0 = 0.0

0.1 = 0.1

0.7 > 0.10

Thus 3.1.0.7 is higher.

Integer comparison:

3 = 3

0 = 0

1 = 1

7 < 10

Thus 3.1.0.10 is higher.

I guess I'm just confused because, somewhere, I picked up the idea that each subnumber was like another decimal place.

Thus 1.1 was no higher than 1.10, etc.

But according to the most recent unstable version, I was way off the mark. So is this the way it is? Each subnumber is considered an integer?

. So is this the way it is? Each subnumber is considered an integer?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep. In fact, you can see this from the changelog in the help file appendix (if you scroll down a bit :lmao:)

29th Feb, 2004 - v3.0.100

11th Mar, 2004 - v3.0.101

4th Aug, 2004 - v3.0.102

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

• Administrators

Okay, so how exactly do version numbers work. Cus I'm changing my CompareVersions function around a lot trying to make it work the way I keep thinking it should, and apparently I keep thinking wrong.

I guess basically what I need to know, is if each subnumber should be treated as a decimal or as an integer... explanation by example:

Is 3.0.1.7 higher or lower than 3.0.1.10?

Decimal comparison:

3 = 3

0.0 = 0.0

0.1 = 0.1

0.7 > 0.10

Thus 3.1.0.7 is higher.

Integer comparison:

3 = 3

0 = 0

1 = 1

7 < 10

Thus 3.1.0.10 is higher.

I guess I'm just confused because, somewhere, I picked up the idea that each subnumber was like another decimal place.

Thus 1.1 was no higher than 1.10, etc.

But according to the most recent unstable version, I was way off the mark. So is this the way it is? Each subnumber is considered an integer?

Integer comparision.