This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more here. X
X

Photo

Get Icon from file

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Marshin

Marshin

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 07:41 PM

not sure this is the right forum. but is it possible to get the image/icon from a saved file (*.dwg,*.pdf ...) , I have looked through the forum and couldn't find anything. :)
At last, after two thousand years of research, the illudium Q-36 explosive space modulator.Well, back to the old drawing board.

#2 nobbe

nobbe

Universalist

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 08:17 PM

try to search for

enumicons_v2.au3

#3 danielkza

danielkza

Universalist

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:04 PM

MSDN Reference:SHGetFileInfo
AutoIt         
Global Const $tagSHFILEINFO = "hwnd hIcon;int iIcon;dword Attr;wchar DisplayName[260];char TypeName[80]" Global Const $SHGFI_ICON = 256 Global Const $SHGFI_DISPLAYNAME  = 512 Global Const $SHGFI_TYPENAME = 1024 Global Const $SHGFI_ATTRIBUTES = 2048 Global Const $SHGFI_ICONLOCATION = 4096 Global Const $SHGFI_EXETYPE = 8192 Global Const $SHGFI_SYSICONINDEX = 16384 Global Const $SHGFI_LINKOVERLAY = 32768 Global Const $SHGFI_SELECTED = 65536 Global Const $SHGFI_ATTR_SPECIFIED = 131072 Global Const $SHGFI_LARGEICON = 0 Global Const $SHGFI_SMALLICON = 1 Global Const $SHGFI_OPENICON = 2 Global Const $SHGFI_SHELLICONSIZE = 4 Global Const $SHGFI_PIDL = 8 Global Const $SHGFI_USEFILEATTRIBUTES = 16 Func _SHGetFileInfo(ByRef $tFileInfo,Const $File,Const $dwAttr = 0,Const $Flags = 0)     If NOT $tFileInfo Then         $tFileInfo = DllStructCreate($tagSHFILEINFO)     EndIF     If @error Then Return SetError(1,0,$tFileInfo)     Local $Ret = DllCall("shell32.dll","int","SHGetFileInfo","str",$File,"dword",$dwAttr, _         "ptr",DllStructGetPtr($tFileInfo),"uint",DllStructGetSize($tFileInfo),"uint",$Flags)     If $Ret[0] = 0 Then Return SetError(2,0,False)     Return SetError(0,$Ret[0],$tFileInfo) EndFunc

#4 Marshin

Marshin

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 04:19 AM

nobbe thank you, but enumicons_v2.au3 only shows the icons for dll's and exe's.

danielkza thank you for the code, it looks like it will do what I need to do but I am not completely sure how to make it work. :)
At last, after two thousand years of research, the illudium Q-36 explosive space modulator.Well, back to the old drawing board.

#5 danielkza

danielkza

Universalist

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 10:25 PM

nobbe thank you, but enumicons_v2.au3 only shows the icons for dll's and exe's.

danielkza thank you for the code, it looks like it will do what I need to do but I am not completely sure how to make it work. :)

Func _ShellGetAssocIcon(Const $szFile,Const $IconFlags = 0)     Local $tFileInfo = DllStructCreate($tagSHFILEINFO)     If @error Then         Return SetError(1,@extended,0)     EndIf         Local $Ret = DllCall("shell32.dll","int","SHGetFileInfo","str",$szFile,"dword",0, _         "ptr",DllStructGetPtr($tFileInfo),"uint",DllStructGetSize($tFileInfo),"uint",BitOr($SHGFI_ICON,$IconFlags))     MsgBox(0,0,@error)     Return DllStructGetData($tFileInfo,"hIcon") EndFunc

Don't forget to call _WinAPI_DestroyIcon after you're done with the icon.Check the extra flags in the MSDN page in the first post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users