New SciTE4AutoIt3 available with SciTE v1.77

Jos

Both issues are gone over here to.

Thanks.

One question about the state of the displayed source in the tidy doc-report.

I always assumed that the displayed source was the final tidy-up-code.

Mainly because the line indentation is displayed in its final state.

While prepping the second issue post, I noted that the added test spaces where displayed in the tidy report.

Thus, I'm I correct that the displayed source in the tidy doc-report is actually in a intermediate state?

MvG.

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

"Believing what you know ain't so" ...

Knock Knock ...

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi.

Think I got a other one.

Not Sure if this is the right place for this one.

When compiling the code below I get a Resources error, when ...

1) doing a beta build. (normal production build builds ok)

2) using UseAnsi=y. (no error when not using Ansi setting)

3) and a Res resource setting. (any, none specific)

in addition to the normal installed AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI 1.10.1.8,

I also tried the AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI 1.10.1.9 from your beta folder. (just in case, same result)

#Region;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseAnsi=y
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Comment=Comment
#EndRegion;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
$var = 1
scite output
>"C:\CODE\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /beta /in "C:\CODE\TEST.au3" /autoit3dir "C:\CODE\AutoIt3\beta"
+>05:37:50 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.1.10.1.9   Environment(Language:0409  Keyboard:00000409  OS:WIN_XP/Service Pack 3  CPU:X86  ANSI)
>Running AU3Check (1.54.13.0)  from:C:\CODE\AutoIt3\beta
+>05:37:51 AU3Check ended.rc:0
UpdateResources: $result[0] = 0 - LastError:6:The handle is invalid.
EndUpdateResource: $result[0] = 0 - LastError:6:The handle is invalid.
+> Updated RT_VERSION information.
>05:37:51 Resource updating finished.
>Running:(3.2.13.5):C:\CODE\AutoIt3\beta\aut2exe\aut2exe.exe  /in "C:\CODE\TEST.au3" /out "C:\CODE\TEST.exe" /comp 2 /pack
+>05:37:53 Aut2exe.exe ended.rc:0
+>05:37:53 Created program:C:\CODE\TEST.exe
+>05:37:54 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished
>Exit code: 0   Time: 3.675

side note: Scite4Autoit3 help, extra utilities, AutoIt3Wrapper.

"You need to download reshacker.exe to the AutoIt3Wrapper subdirectory to enable the resource update function."

Old info, or still needed for some parts.?

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

Knock Knock ...

• Developers

Both issues are gone over here to.

Thanks.

One question about the state of the displayed source in the tidy doc-report.

I always assumed that the displayed source was the final tidy-up-code.

Mainly because the line indentation is displayed in its final state.

While prepping the second issue post, I noted that the added test spaces where displayed in the tidy report.

Thus, I'm I correct that the displayed source in the tidy doc-report is actually in a intermediate state?

MvG.

I swear you are the only one using this feature of Tidy! :P

You are absolutly correct in your findings and I will fix that to ensure the Doc file also contains the updated record.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

There is no ANSI version in the beta so, the "Invalid Handle" error is probably because there was no file to modify. The choices for Jos are, do nothing and wait for the current line of betas to go stable (The correct choice) so he can remove the deprecated options or waste a bunch of time modifying things so the deprecated options give better errors or something. The simplest solution is for you to stop trying to compile a script as ANSI while using a version of AutoIt that does not have an ANSI binary.

And in case you're thinking of asking, the reason there is no more ANSI version is because AutoIt only runs on UNICODE versions of Windows now, anyway, so there's no point maintaining an ANSI version since it only existed so AutoIt could be used on versions of Windows we've now dropped support for.

• Developers

Hi.

Think I got a other one.

I also tried the AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI 1.10.1.9 from your beta folder. (just in case, same result)

#Region;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseAnsi=y
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Comment=Comment
#EndRegion;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
$var = 1
scite output
>"C:\CODE\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /beta /in "C:\CODE\TEST.au3" /autoit3dir "C:\CODE\AutoIt3\beta"
+>05:37:50 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.1.10.1.9   Environment(Language:0409  Keyboard:00000409  OS:WIN_XP/Service Pack 3  CPU:X86  ANSI)
+>05:37:51 AU3Check ended.rc:0
UpdateResources: $result[0] = 0 - LastError:6:The handle is invalid.
EndUpdateResource: $result[0] = 0 - LastError:6:The handle is invalid.
>05:37:51 Resource updating finished.
>Running:(3.2.13.5):C:\CODE\AutoIt3\beta\aut2exe\aut2exe.exe  /in "C:\CODE\TEST.au3" /out "C:\CODE\TEST.exe" /comp 2 /pack
+>05:37:53 Aut2exe.exe ended.rc:0
+>05:37:53 Created program:C:\CODE\TEST.exe
+>05:37:54 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished
>Exit code: 0   Time: 3.675
I am still in the process of making the changes for the new AutoIt3 setup (without ANSI). Are you using the latest Beta setup without any ANSI version of AutoIt3 available in that Beta directory? The latest Beta version already does include some of the modifications but I am not finished yet. :P

side note: Scite4Autoit3 help, extra utilities, AutoIt3Wrapper.

"You need to download reshacker.exe to the AutoIt3Wrapper subdirectory to enable the resource update function."

Old info, or still needed for some parts.?

It is not using ResHacker anymore and I will update the helpfile !... thanks.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

There is no ANSI version in the beta so, the "Invalid Handle" error is probably because there was no file to modify. The choices for Jos are, do nothing and wait for the current line of betas to go stable (The correct choice) so he can remove the deprecated options or waste a bunch of time modifying things so the deprecated options give better errors or something. The simplest solution is for you to stop trying to compile a script as ANSI while using a version of AutoIt that does not have an ANSI binary.

And in case you're thinking of asking, the reason there is no more ANSI version is because AutoIt only runs on UNICODE versions of Windows now, anyway, so there's no point maintaining an ANSI version since it only existed so AutoIt could be used on versions of Windows we've now dropped support for.

Didn't notice your post earlier which is squeezed in between my replies, but my general line of thinking is to keep things pretty simple and to leave it as is but only check for the existence of the ANSI files. When missing just change it back to standard files and show a warning.

This is pretty strait forward and should not take long but just have to do it... :P

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

You are absolutly correct in your findings and I will fix that to ensure the Doc file also contains the updated record.

Jos

Uploaded v 2.0.23.19 which fixes the Docfile containing the original record.

Jos :P

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Hi.

Think I got a other one.

The resource update func is updating a copy of the BIN file before compilation and it was failing to check for its existance.

That was why you saw the errors for the resource updating.

Just uploaded v1.10.1.10 of Autoit3Wrapper in which I added the check for the proper bin file and when its not there it defaults back to the UNICODE version.

Jos.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Hehe, I think your right. :P

I am still in the process of making the changes for the new AutoIt3 setup (without ANSI). Are you using the latest Beta setup without any ANSI version of AutoIt3 available in that Beta directory? The latest Beta version already does include some of the modifications but I am not finished yet. :o

running with,

scite4autoit (2008.05.17).

autoit beta 3.2.13.5. (installed with installer last night)

...updating...

autoit 3.2.13.6 beta.

AutoIt3Wrapper 1.10.1.10 (+tidy)

Working again without error:

+>22:57:55 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.1.10.1.10  Environment(Language:0409  Keyboard:00000409  OS:WIN_XP/Service Pack 3  CPU:X86  ANSI)
+>22:57:56 AU3Check ended.rc:0
- AutoIt3 ANSI version not present, defaulting back to standard UNICODE version.
>22:57:56 Resource updating finished.
>Running:(3.2.13.6):C:\CODE\AutoIt3\beta\aut2exe\aut2exe.exe  /in "C:\CODE\TEST.au3" /out "C:\CODE\TEST.exe" /comp 2 /pack /Bin C:\DOCUME~1\USER1\LOCALS~1\Temp\AutoItSC.bin
                       Ultimate Packer for eXecutables
  Copyright (C) 1996,1997,1998,1999,2000,2001,2002,2003,2004,2005,2006,2007
UPX 3.01w      Markus Oberhumer, Laszlo Molnar & John Reiser   Jul 31st 2007

File size        Ratio    Format      Name
   --------------------   ------   -----------   -----------
    611328 ->   289792   47.40% win32/pe     TEST.exe

Packed 1 file.
+>22:57:58 Aut2exe.exe ended.rc:0
+>22:57:58 Created program:C:\CODE\TEST.exe
->Warning: This is an Unicode compiled script and will not run on Win9x/ME.
+>22:57:59 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished
>Exit code: 0   Time: 3.620

Considering ANSI build is gone as of 3.3.0.0.

Will ANSI built support in scite4autoit itself also completely be removed ... After a new 3.3 final of Autoit?

Thanks.

M.v.G

Knock Knock ...

• Developers

Considering ANSI build is gone as of 3.3.0.0.

Will ANSI built support in scite4autoit itself also completely be removed ... After a new 3.3 final of Autoit?

Nope, its my intent to leave it in to allow people to have the latest version of the ANSI versions in their directories and use that for the "rare" occasion they still need to build a win9X script.

Jos :P

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Just uploaded another test version of AutoIt3Wrapper that will show the warning in red when that ANSI files aree missing and also show a warning when the ANSI version is not the same releaselevel as the UNICODE version since this could lead to a compiled script not working properly.

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I do want to thank you for keeping ANSI. I have bene using AU3 exstensivly for my office and we still use some pretty old programs and AU3 seems to be the only thing that works with them and I think this may be why (I mean win 3.1 old based programs).

Once again thanks so much for such a wondefuly tool.

Not to sure about something.

ANSI build relies only on the files: Aut2exeA.exe and AutoItASC.bin (correct?)

>"C:\CODE\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /prod /in "C:\CODE\TEST.au3" /autoit3dir "C:\CODE\AutoIt3"
+>04:19:15 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.1.10.1.11  Environment(Language:0409  Keyboard:00000409  OS:WIN_XP/Service Pack 3  CPU:X86  ANSI)
>Running AU3Check (1.54.13.0)  from:C:\CODE\AutoIt3
+>04:19:15 AU3Check ended.rc:0
! AutoIt3 ANSI version(3.2.4.9) is an older version than the current UNICODE vesion(3.2.12.1)! Make sure you are not using incompatible functions.
>04:19:15 Resource updating finished.
>Running:(3.2.4.9):C:\CODE\AutoIt3\aut2exe\aut2exe.exe  /in "C:\CODE\TEST.au3" /out "C:\CODE\TEST.exe" /comp 2 /pack /Bin C:\DOCUME~1\USER1\LOCALS~1\Temp\AUTOIT~1.BIN
+>04:19:16 Aut2exe.exe ended.rc:0
+>04:19:16 Created program:C:\CODE\TEST.exe
+>04:19:17 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished
>Exit code: 0   Time: 2.438
You are using Aut2exeA.exe, right?

(>Running:(3.2.4.9):C:\CODE\AutoIt3\aut2exe\aut2exe.exe ...)

And thanks to for keeping ANSI build availeble. :P

M.v.G.

Edited by T.52857170

Knock Knock ...

• Developers

Not to sure about something.

ANSI build relies only on the files: Aut2exeA.exe and AutoItASC.bin (correct?)

I use the Aut2EXE program when running in an WinXP or better environment, but use the AutoItASC.bin when the ANSI directive is set.

The AUT2EXEA.exe is needed when you run the compile in a Win9X environment.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Tidy false error with multiline break just before THEN.

If _
        (True) Or _
        (True) Then
ElseIf _
        (True) Or _
        (True) Then
EndIf

;### Tidy Error: If/ElseIf statement without a then..
If _
        (True) Or _
        (True) _
        Then
ElseIf _
        (True) Or _
        (True) _
        Then
EndIf
M.v.G.

Knock Knock ...

• Developers

Tidy false error with multiline break just before THEN.

If _
        (True) Or _
        (True) Then
ElseIf _
        (True) Or _
        (True) Then
EndIf

If _
        (True) Or _
        (True) _
        Then
ElseIf _
        (True) Or _
        (True) _
        Then
EndIf
M.v.G.
Uploaded a new version to the Beta directory that fixes this problem. :P

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

8/10/2007: Uploaded a new SciTe4AutoIt3.exe installer.

==> ScitillaHistory page containing all SciTE/Scintilla updates.

==> Visit the SciTe4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions

==> Check the online documentation for an overview of all extra's you get with this installer.

Enjoy,

Jos

08/10/2008
*** SciLexer
    - Support for nested Commentblocks.
*** Updated AutoIt3Wrapper_Gui/AutoIt3Wrapper v1.10.1.11 (Jos)
    - Added: Support for #AutoIt3Wrapper_Add_Constants which will add all needed standard constants.au3 includes.
    - Updated for use with AutoIt3 version:3.2.12.1.
    - Added better support for portability.
*** Updated Obfuscator.exe v1.0.24.21 (Jos)
    - Added: support for /autoit3dir 
    - Fixed: Avoid removal of onautoitexit by the strip unused func option.
    - Fixed: relative path issue for include files.
    - Fixed: Avoid stripping the #RequireAdmin directive when doing a Strip task.
    - Fixed an truncation bug with lines being longer than 2048 char in Included files.
*** Updated Tidy.exe v2.0.23.20 (Jos)
    - Added: Added warnings for Indent blocks not closed at the end of the script.
    - Fixed: recognising $then as then at the end of an If line.
    - Fixed: EndRegion comments supporting nested Regions.
    - Fixed: Avoid changing the displayed filename to lowercase.
    - Fixed: Commented Variables/Funcs in a commentblock don't appear in the documentation file.
    - Fixed: Tidy doc didn't contain tidied record as saved in the script file.
    - Fixed: False error stating "If/ElseIf statement without a then.." when Then was on a seperate line.
*** Updated SciTEConfig v1.6.6.8 (Jos)
    - Updated for use with AutoIt3 version:3.2.12.0.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

hee, a new scite4autoit release.

thanks from all scite4autoit users. :P

In case your interested.

some additional tidy doc-report var-declaration mismatches.

(quickly retested with new Tidy)

1) vars/const declaration with Enum statement not seen as declared. (in case they should)

Enum [Step X] $varB1, $varB2, $varB3
;~ $varB1                   ----- 00038
;~ $varB2                   ----- 00038
;~ $varB3                   ----- 00038

2) first var in "(scope) Enum ..." statement not seen as being declared. (Global, Local, Dim)

Global Enum $varB1, $varB2, $varB3
;~ $varB1                   ----- 00012
;~ #### $varB2             00012
;~ #### $varB3             00012

3) Linebreaker directly after (Global, Local, Dim) command, vars not seen as being declared.

Global _
        $varC1, _
        $varC2, _
        $varC3
;~ $varC1                   ----- 00008
;~ $varC2                   ----- 00008
;~ $varC3                   ----- 00008

M.v.G.

Knock Knock ...

• Developers

Uploaded a updated version of Tidy v2.0.23.21 that fixes these issue and also changes the line numbering bug in the output of the doc file.

The variables xref will report the variable on the first line when there is a continuation situation as listed in the report.

*awaiting next bug report* :P

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.