Well the error doesn't really have to do with the pause function. The pause works fine every time. I just need to get a screenshot of an in game macro running an echo of /echo Fish
This is used to do a check on the keypress of your fishing macro, as sometimes when pressing macros they don't send in FFXI for whatever reason, so i made a keypress check to ensure that the fishing macro key has been pressed with variables that will lead to the pause function if it reads, You cannot fish here, and one that leads to repressing the fishing macro key if the script tries to fish before you have waited the specified amount of time before you can fish again so that it will eliminate any mistimings on this and make it more time efficient, or repress the fishing macro until FFXI reads the keypress.
This is contigent upon your macro being set up like so
/equip ammo "your bait"
I know some people seem to be against using echo's, and I'm sorry to say this will not work if the first 4 letters of your echo are not "Fish". But i feel this is the more efficient way to do it. Everybody that has an ingame fishing macro pretty much uses /echo Begin Fishing or /echo Fish! or something of like that so that they know the key was registered when pressed. If you are totally against using an echo command, then you will have to alter the check key press part of the script and take it out and change it to what you want to use.
Tomorrow, I plan to include a rusty item drop to the script also. Might be finished by tomorrow evening, should be mid day i would guess. Already have a pretty good idea as to how i am gonna do it so just a matter of getting some pictures and then writing it. Should be pretty simple. I'll just write it as a separate function i think after I look at it for a bit. So, expect that soon.
I would have the current script up now, but I can't log in to the game cause of the 3101 error to get a pic. *shrug*
Some other things I was thinking about implementing
- Skill raise monitoring and writing to file and sound alert
- Sound alert on tell recieved
- GM sound alert upon recieving a tell from one (need pic of text) I may try to procure this myself i guess.
- Possible auto replies to tells and/or GM tells
- Type of fish caught recognition and logging to file (this would take alot of time so may never happen, as I'm not sure how useful it would really be though it would be neat) which could lead to auto dropping of fish types you don't want.
- I may put a timer in to specify a certain amount of time to fish then logout
- I toyed with the idea of having an auto straightening function if you are turned by taking points on the compass. I haven't tried this so not sure if it is possible, but might be.
- Keep track of total fish caught using the script.
Some of the above I may not implement. But a few of them will be, just a matter of finding the time and getting the resources needed.
If anyone has a suggestion or something they would like to see that would be helpful but don't know how/have the time to try and do it themselves feel free to post your suggestion and I will take it into consideration.
I am also toying with the idea of writing some job specific scripts regarding abilities or maybe just timers on abilities etc, as I play a bard/whm in game I think it would be useful to have a 30 second warning on songs etc and maybe some other stuff. Anyways, just typing what's on my mind at the moment.
It's like a puzzle, I love it! ^^
Edited by ir0nfist, 02 February 2004 - 07:25 AM.