Device Management API

weaponx

I see where the error is happening, but no idea why yet.  _DeviceAPI_GetDeviceRegistryProperty is returning an error on _WinAPI_GetLastError (error is 3758096907).  Again though, somehow code that myself, Storme, and danny35d were collaborating on many years ago does not kick that error message....and the code for this section (which is what returns the $description value) is IDENTICAL!!  Very confusing.

Ian

My projects:

• IP Scanner - Multi-threaded ping tool to scan your available networks for used and available IP addresses, shows ping times, resolves IPs in to host names, and allows individual IPs to be pinged.
  • INFSniff - Great technicians tool - a tool which scans DriverPacks archives for INF files and parses out the HWIDs to a database file, and rapidly scans the local machine's HWIDs, searches the database for matches, and installs them.
  • PPK3 (Persistent Process Killer V3) - Another for the techs - suppress running processes that you need to keep away, helpful when fighting spyware/viruses.
  • Sync Tool - Folder sync tool with lots of real time information and several checking methods.
  • USMT Front End - Front End for Microsoft's User State Migration Tool, including all files needed for USMT 3.01 and 4.01, 32 bit and 64 bit versions.
  • Audit Tool - Computer audit tool to gather vital hardware, Windows, and Office information for IT managers and field techs. Capabilities include creating a customized site agent.
  • CSV Viewer - Displays CSV files with automatic column sizing and font selection. Lines can also be copied to the clipboard for data extraction.
  • MyDirStat - Lists number and size of files on a drive or specified path, allows for deletion within the app.
  • 2048 Game - My version of 2048, fun tile game.
  • Juice Lab - Ecigarette liquid making calculator.
  • Data Protector - Secure notes to save sensitive information.
  • VHD Footer - Add a footer to a forensic hard drive image to allow it to be mounted or used as a virtual machine hard drive.
  • Find in File - Searches files containing a specified phrase.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still at a loss, I am going to post the beta code as-is to the never-released followup to INFSniff (in my sig).  I am only releasing this in hopes that it helps figure out the cause of the issue in weaponx's original GUI Example.  I disabled one section of the tool, and I'm sure there are many parts not working, but I stopped working on the INFSniff series of tools in 2011, and don't have the time or inclination to continue with it now.

If a simple fix for weaponx's GUI Example or Console are found, please post it for others.

Thanks

Ian

LSDbeta5.zip

My projects:

• IP Scanner - Multi-threaded ping tool to scan your available networks for used and available IP addresses, shows ping times, resolves IPs in to host names, and allows individual IPs to be pinged.
  • INFSniff - Great technicians tool - a tool which scans DriverPacks archives for INF files and parses out the HWIDs to a database file, and rapidly scans the local machine's HWIDs, searches the database for matches, and installs them.
  • PPK3 (Persistent Process Killer V3) - Another for the techs - suppress running processes that you need to keep away, helpful when fighting spyware/viruses.
  • Sync Tool - Folder sync tool with lots of real time information and several checking methods.
  • USMT Front End - Front End for Microsoft's User State Migration Tool, including all files needed for USMT 3.01 and 4.01, 32 bit and 64 bit versions.
  • Audit Tool - Computer audit tool to gather vital hardware, Windows, and Office information for IT managers and field techs. Capabilities include creating a customized site agent.
  • CSV Viewer - Displays CSV files with automatic column sizing and font selection. Lines can also be copied to the clipboard for data extraction.
  • MyDirStat - Lists number and size of files on a drive or specified path, allows for deletion within the app.
  • VHD Footer - Add a footer to a forensic hard drive image to allow it to be mounted or used as a virtual machine hard drive.

I'll help clean it up a bit, I found your INFsniff very useful, I had to make a few dirty patches and added a driver pack downloader which uses driver pack solution server for latest releases...all in all, pretty impressive

What is what? What is what.

Storme built an updater for the LSD beta, that is actually the part I commented out and did not include since I did not re-test it.  If it works well I will post that at a later time.

Ian

My projects:

That LSD seems pretty powerful, i recommend using this http://download.drp.su/driverpacks/ for up to date drivers, driverpacks.net is pretty much abandoned. My goal here to is write raw data to a USB printer device, I've made a separate topic in help and support. Anyhow I figured that this would be an interesting addition to this UDF. What would you think

Edited by Biatu

Is this what you are seeing with the DeviceAPI_GUI_Example script?  I run Win 7 x64, and confirm the DeviceAPI_GUI_Example script does not seem right.  Oddly, an abandoned project using the same DeviceAPI.au3 still works properly.  If I get a chance I'll try to look in to why the original DeviceAPI_GUI_Example is not happy.

BTW, I tested with AutoIt 3.3.12.0

Ian

Device enumeration is working alright here, using Win 7 x64 with Autoit 3.3.8.1.

Yup, somewhere between there and the current build 3.3.12.0 there was a script-breaking change.

Ian

My projects:

What would you think

Go ahead and make any changes you want, but as I said before I don't want to work on the INFSniff/LSD projects any more. If you make significant improvements post it back for others to see!

Ian

My projects:

Sure thing, check out SetupAPI.au3

Im not sure if its a problem but a tag struct in udf differs from the one in setupapi udf,at the end the dword needs to be a ulong. Im on phone atm so can't verify.

• 3 weeks later...

_DeviceAPI_Open() is responsible for those problems.

in 3.3.10.2 it was not needed, but for some reason in 3.3.12.0 you have to explicitly call DllOpen for setupapi.dll

afaik

Cool, so does that mean you have the original GUI example and console scripts working?

Ian

My projects:

I will check. I did get your udf working with my scripts.

Something that was trowing me off was when i would comment out the consts and tags section in ur script and then include setupapi udf...the script would work. even though no functions were being called form that, so i figured it was something with consts or tags...so i took all those out into a separate udf, and then it started failing. scrolling through setupapi there were some dllopen calls to variables not even in use. then i added the _DeviceAPI_Open and everything worked perfect.

Edit:

Yes...both example scripts now work, just add _DeviceAPI_Open() after the includes, or wherever necessary.

Edited by Biatu

• 7 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...