TheSaint's Toolbox

TheSaint

WELCOME To TheSaint's TOOLBOX

DOWNLOAD SECTIONS can be reached quickly - scroll up from HERE (Post #2).
However, if this is your first visit, then please pagedown past the News section below, and read the Disclaimer, Download Info, etc first.
There are four titled download sections, in the following order -
1) AutoIt Tools, 2) Other Tools, 3) Utilities, 4) Games.
Each section is arranged alphabetically by program name.

Programs marked like this are in my new smaller package format. If you want to install them easily, with shortcuts, uninstall ability, etc then you will need to use my 'Universal Installer' program (now also available). However, they are only regular zip files that just contain an additional instruction file for that program. This new package format, is a new option in my 'Installer Creator v2.5' program (just updated). See latest NEWS.

+============================================================+
|| - MY IMPORTANT TOOLBOX ANNOUNCEMENTS & LATEST NEWS SECTION - ||
* #104 #101 #100 #84 #81 #80 #78 #77 #76 #75 #74 #73 #72 #71 #70 #58 #57 #56 #55 #54 #53 #52 #49 #48 #47 #46 #45 #44 #43 #42 #41 #32 #31 #30 #29 #28 #27 #26 #24 #21 #20 #19 #18 #17 #16 #15 #14 #13 #9 #8 #7
* Above is my posts in order from latest to first (Latest are also in bold red below)

The news index below, is only for those seeking further program information.
|| Abbreviation Database - #72 #81
+===============================================+
|| Admin File Management - #7 #71
|| Admin Rights - #7 #71
|| AutoIt Version Switcher - #17 #18 #32 #74
|| AVGBackup New - #73
|| AVGBackup Updater - #73
|| CDIni Database - #47 #77 #78 #84
|| Context Options - #13
|| Create Zip Within - #42
|| Declare All Variables - #16 #20
|| Dialog Maker - #9
|| DiscTray Control - #53
|| Folder From File - #27
||
Get CDPlayer Ini - #54
||
GUI Control Styler - #44 #45 #56
|| GUIBuilder - #74
|| Icon Browser - #13 #75
|| Installer Creator - #19 #21 #26 #45 #55 #75 #76 #101
|| Make It Pretty - #28
|| Msgbox Viewer - #8
|| Name Fix - #48
|| New Folders - #13 #24 #27 #48
|| Open Projects - #14 #41 #80
|| Path Duplicator - #45
|| Projects Backup - #8 #29
|| RGBColor Selector - #52
|| Search Assistant - #30 #43
|| SendTo Organiser - #27
|| SetAs Wallpaper - #80 #104
+====================================
===========+
|| Shortcuts For All - #7
|| Shutdown Options - #48
|| Simple CDPlayer - #78
|| Tall Tales - #49 #57 #58 #70
|| Time Calculator - #45
|| Toolbar For Any - #15
|| Universal Installer - #45 #55
|| Update SciTE Values - #46
|| NEWS - #31 #55 #75 #100

If you wish to discuss any of my programs in detail, and they have a separate Info (Topic) page, then please do that there. However, any generic comments, thanks, etc are welcome here. For various reasons, I've deemed it wiser to collect (Index) all my programs at this post - the simplest reason to give, is that most of my instructions, explanations, etc are pretty much identical, and so placing all that in one spot saves space - if I couple that with a date, then you can maybe jump to what you want and ignore my long ramble (if up-to-date with my latest info).

Please don't pester me about some of the source code, read the NOTICE below and it will all be explained!

PLEASE BE PATIENT, STILL UPDATING!

You will eventually find all my AutoIt tools here and a link to their main pages (separate posts) for information about them and comments others and myself have made.

DISCLAIMER! (last updated 16-09-2008)

1) All my program downloads are accessed by a text file link for each and these links are quite safe to use - this was done, so that I could use the Forum counter. The Forum counter probably being as important to others as myself.
2) The latest versions of my programs, have only (usually) been tested in a XP (SP2) environment. Some of the programs may support elements of Win 98 or ME - either in part or whole ... depending on which version of AutoIt I used. But none have been tested by me in Vista. I currently use v3.2.4.9 of AutoIt, and so any updates to my programs created in the last month or three (as of 16th Sept 2008) are probably done with that. Most however, have probably been created with v3.2.0.1 or earlier. Currently I switch between those 2 versions using my 'Autoit Version Switcher' program - though it generally remains on v3.2.4.9 now. I may occasionally dabble with v3.2.12.0 or later, but I have not currently used those to update or create anything listed here.
3) While I use the majority of my AutoIt tools virtually every day, I cannot necessarily provide support for them, or even accept responsibility for any angst they may cause if used by others - whether they follow any existing instructions, advice, etc or not.
4) Generally, I believe these programs to be pretty safe or I would not supply them. I'm usually pretty keen to hear feedback about them too ... praise maybe and criticism if positive.
5) In virtually all cases, these programs were made for the personal reason of making something better or easier for me to do. In line with that, I'm as interested as anybody in improvements and bugs.
6) I share these programs with others at the AutoIt Forum, out of the goodness of my heart and out of thankfulness to Jon and others on the AutoIt team ... and would appreciate others keep that in mind when using them or communicating with me.
7) While maybe seeming very altruistic, I am not exempt from the possibility of praise or even some nice form of notoriety ... I am Saintly after all!
8) I do not claim any of my programs are perfect or exempt from bugs or even that they are entirely safe to use, but they have been so for me.
9) Many of these programs, I have been using for months if not years and do the job I mean't them to do. Some incorporate code from others at the Forum and hopefully I've always remembered to mention them and thank them ... if I've forgotten you, then don't hesitate to contact me ... I'll correct current and future version info.
10) Always keep in mind, that I'm supplying these programs to a Forum of programmers and not the general public ... though obviously I cannot prevent the general public gaining access to them to.
11) If I was deliberately supplying these programs to the general public, I would have spent a lot more time on testing, finessing and informing, etc than I have ... though some I have tested pretty well over a long period.
12) I hope members of the Forum appreciate why I am supplying these programs, and enter into the spirit of it all ... maybe helping me out, by testing them and giving positive criticism and ideas, or just communicating that they are grateful for them. Indeed I see the Forum as a kind of testing ground inhabited by my peers or better.
13) These programs range from the pretty simple to the fairly complex, with some of them having been updated many times and had many hours (if not days and weeks) spent on them.
14) Most of my programs start off in either response to a need or from an impulse or idea. When they start off from a response to a need, then they are initially put together very quickly ... usually without many features and little or no commenting (speed being of the essence). Over time, they almost blossom into something else (sometimes they do) - as they get updated and have other features added to them. If I get time later on or need to do some pretty intense troubleshooting or add a major feature, then quite often I implement some fairly reasonable commenting.
15) A lot of my programs don't have an abundance of commenting or are they perfect in dealing with errors - this is due to the nature of the way they were constructed. If you attempt to do something with my program that it wasn't intended for or that I didn't think of, then it is quite likely that it will crash or even delete something it shouldn't (this last should be quite rare indeed).
16) I'm not a great believer in using the #NoTrayIcon feature - I probably don't trust my coding that much, but I also like being able to kill any program quickly and easily. If I had a dollar for every time somebody at the Forum included that in one of their scripts that went bellyup, then I'd have a few dollars - sometimes things crash just because of version incompatabilities. I could make some nasty comment about fools here, but really all I want is for other scripters at the Forum to remember that they are just posting scripts - not tried and true full blown products, that have been endlessly tested ... YOU REALLY DON'T NEED TO USE THAT FEATURE HERE!
17)
As with all open forums and free programs, we are all students - experts and newbies alike. We've all got something to learn and most likely something to be embarassed about.
18) As a final note here (for the moment), I'd like to just say that some of my programs are what we in Australia call 'Bitzers' - that is, they are made up from bits and pieces. Bitzers by their very nature, are not usually very attractive or even necessarily easy to understand or work smoothly ... however they usually do the job quite well.

NOTICE!
For the moment, I'm not including source code for any of my new programs that haven't been available at the Forum before. This is only an interim thing and done for a couple of reasons -
1) I want others to have a really good go at my programs, before others start modifying or incorporating them into their own and posting them (less feedback when that happens).
2) I really really want some feedback (as I've said above in the disclaimer).
3) With appropriate feedback, I can make changes that benefit all ... and maybe even discover some embarassments that I can remove ... before you get to see me naked (so to speak).

I DO INTEND TO SUPPLY THE SOURCE CODE FOR ALL MY TOOLS - the more feedback (especially) I get and the more downloads, will make that sooner rather than later!

NOTE!
Some of the programs below are frontends only for a program made by someone else.

DOWNLOAD & FILE INFORMATION

Check out the DISCLAIMER above!
Most of my programs available here, are available through a direct link in a text file (see the reasoning behind that here). That link is to a zip file. Inside that zip file, is an executable setup file that has the sought after program and any other required files (i.e. icons, instructions, etc). Also included, is an installer and an uninstaller, though this may not always be the case. The installer is a compiled script that installs the program to a location of your choice (the program name folder cannot and should not be modified), the installer file is deleted after the install, with only an instruction file for the uninstaller (Uninstall.lst) remaining behind. An Add/Remove entry is created in your registry. The Add/Remove entry uses my uninstaller, which is installed by my installer, to your 'Program Files' directory to the following created folder - Uninstaller. Inside the path '..Program FilesUninstaller' is 2 files, the uninstaller program and an icon. The uninstaller only works with uninstaller registry entries, so to remove or undo any registry entries made by one of my programs, you need to do so within that program ... if something went wrong, you may need to manually edit your registry.

Obviously including the 'Uninstaller' & icon in every setup file, creates an overhead. I'm currently considering the idea of having the uninstaller element as a separate file download. There is also currently, no uninstaller for the 'Uninstaller' - just delete the '..Program FilesUninstaller' folder if you've completely uninstalled all my programs and no longer want my presence on your system (completely uninstalling removes all registry entries - except those made by the particular program).

* More information about my Installer and extracting can now be found here

* Some of the Info links also lead to a download. (15-12-2008)

ENJOY!

1. AUTOIT TOOLS

Autoit Version Switcher v1.5 ** (updated 09-02-2009)
AutoIt_Version_Switcher_Link.txt (197 kb) (Number of previous downloads: 80 odd + 85)
Info (see Post #17 below) *(fixed) 9-10-2008 (see Post #18 #32 #74)

Compile Options
Info (also see )

Declare All Variables v1.2
Declare_All_Variables_Link.txt (0.99 Mb)
(My latest program) (Number of previous downloads: 16)
Info (also see Post #16 below) *(fixed) 12-10-2008 (see Post #20 below)

Dialog Maker v1.8
Dialog_Maker_Link.txt (800 kb)
Info (see Post #9 below)

GuiBuilder v0.8 (my update to Cyberslug's program) ** (updated 09-02-2009)
GuiBuilder_Link.txt (223 kb) (Support for newer AutoIt versions) (Number of previous downloads: 18)
Info (For IMPORTANT Information see #74)

GUI Control Styler v1.1 **
GUI_Control_Styler_Link.txt (220 kb) (Number of previous downloads: 30)
Info (see Post #44 and #45 #56) (includes Screenshots) *(updated 22-12-2008)

Icon Browser v1.2
Icon_Browser_Link.txt (902 kb) (Number of previous downloads: 208 + 168)
(my update of the AutoIt example)
Info (also see Post #13 #75)

Installer Creator v2.7 ** (updated) 18-07-2009
Installer Creator Link.txt (454 kb)
(Support for newer AutoIt versions) (Number of previous downloads: 323 + 203 + 221) See it's >own topic for latest update.
Info (also see Post #19 and #21 and #45 #55 #75 #76 #101)

Make It Pretty v1.5
Make_It_Pretty_Link.txt (891 kb)
Info (also see Post #28 below)

Msgbox Viewer v1.5
Msgbox_Viewer_Link.txt (855 kb) (Number of previous downloads: 286)
Info (also see Post #8 below)

Open Projects v1.8 ** (updated) 26-02-2009
Open_Projects_Link.txt (218 kb) (Number of previous downloads: 42 + 58)
(Frontend for TrueCrypt drives for AutoIt project security)
Info (see Post #14 below) (also Post #41 #80)

Projects Backup v6.9
Projects_Backup_Link.txt (867 kb) (Number of previous downloads: 210 + 209 + 48)
Info (also see Post #8 below) *(fixed) 22-10-2008 (see Post #29 below)

RGBColor Selector v2.1 ** (added 20-12-2008)
RGBColor_Selector_Link.txt (136 kb) (Number of previous downloads: 260 + 248)
Info (also Info) (also see Post #52)

Script Templates
Info

ToolBar For Any v2.2
ToolBar_For_Any_Link.txt (890 kb)
Info (also see Post #15 below)

Universal Installer v1.0 * (updated 16-12-2008)
Universal_Installer_Link.txt (871 kb) (Number of previous downloads: 13)
Info (also see Post #45 & #48 #55)

Update SciTE Values v1.3 **
Update_SciTE_Values_Link.txt (216 kb)
Info (see Post #46) (includes Screenshot)

2. OTHER TOOLS

Admin File Management v1.1 (repackaged 23-01-2009) **
Admin_File_Management_Link.txt (198 kb) (Number of previous downloads: 562 + 175)
Info (also see Post #7 below & #71)

Admin Rights v4.3 (repackaged 23-01-2009) **
Admin_Rights_Link.txt (192 kb) (Number of previous downloads: 289 + 354 + 198)
Info (also see Post #7 below & #71)

Case Toggle
Info (also see )

Change Case
Info (also see )

Clipboard Joiner
Info (also see )

Context Options v2.7
Context_Options_Link.txt (797 kb) (Number of previous downloads: 251)
Info (also see Post #13 below)

Create Zip Within v1.0
Create_Zip_Within_Link.txt (802 kb)
Info (see Post #42 below)

Date Shortcuts
Info (also see )

Folder From File v1.6
Folder_From_File_Link.txt (894 kb)
Info (see Post #27 below)

Get Directory Listing
Info (also see )

Name Fix v2.3 **
Name_Fix_Link.txt (199 kb)
Info (see Post #48) (includes Screenshot)

New Folders v3.6 ** (updated 16-12-2008)
New_Folders_Link.txt (248 kb) (Number of previous downloads: 193 + 31 + 79)
Info (also see Post #13 and #24 & #48)

Path Duplicator v1.1 **
Path_Duplicator_Link.txt (214 kb)
Info (see Post #45) (includes Screenshot)

SendTo Organiser v1.2
SendTo_Organiser_Link.txt (880 kb)
Info (see Post #27 below)

Shortcuts For All v2.1
Shortcuts_For_All_Link.txt (789 kb) (Number of previous downloads: 303)
Info (also see Post #7 below)

StartUp Runner
Info (also see )

TextFiles Joiner
Info (also see )

Time Calculator v1.5 **
Time_Calculator_Link.txt (123 kb) (Number of previous downloads: 268 + 79)
Info (also see Post #45) (includes Screenshot)

Virtual Drive
Info (also see )

3. UTILITIES

Abbreviation Database v2.9 (updated 04-03-2009) **
Abbreviation_Database_Link.txt (257 kb) (Number of previous downloads: 22)
Info (see #72 #81) (includes Screenshots)

Alert Timer
Info (also see )

Author Updates & Database Viewer
Info (also see )

AutoRunner
Info (also see )

AVGBackup New v1.3 (new 27-01-2009) **
AVGBackup_New_Link.txt (193 kb)
Info (important you read Post #73)

AVGBackup Updater v1.4 (new 27-01-2009) **
AVGBackup_Updater_Link.txt (191 kb)
Info (important you read Post #73)

Camera Transfer
Info (also see )

CDIni Database v3.6 (updated 09-03-2009) **
CDIni_Database_Link.txt (347 kb) (Number of previous downloads: 5 + 26 + 5 + 7) (New Features, Bugfixes, etc)
Info (also see Post #47 & #48 #77 #78 #84)

DiscTray Control v3.2 **
DiscTray_Control_Link.txt (212 kb)
Info (also see Post #53)

DvdA2Wav
Info (also see )

Encrypted Text Reader
Info (also see )

Enter Serial
Info (also see )

Export To Nero
Info (also see )

Fix Taskbar
Info (also see )

Get CDPlayer Ini v1.2 **
Get_CDPlayer_Ini_Link.txt (215 kb)
Info (see Post #54) (includes Screenshot)

Iconoid Check
Info (also see )

If Not Pressed
Info (also see )

Internet Connection
Info (also see )

Irfan Slideshow
Info (also see )

Kill At Startup
Info (also see )

Lplex GUI
Info (also see )

M3UPath Editor
Info (also see )

MediaRenamer
Info (also see )

Nero Data Burn
Info (also see )

Numerals To Numbers
Info (also see )

Photo Renamer
Info (also see )

Program Runner
Info (also see )

Rename Long Filename
Info (also see )

Resolution Start
Info (also see )

Save Separate Tracks
Info (also see )

Search Assistant v1.4 *(updated 30-11-2008)
Search_Assistant_Link.txt (818 kb) (Number of previous downloads: 25)
Info (also see Post #30 below)(see Post #43 below)

SetAs Wallpaper v4.3 ** (Updated 15-12-2009) (Requires IrfanView for Jpegs)
SetAs Wallpaper Link.txt (240 kb) (Number of previous downloads: 66)
Info (see #80 #104)

Shutdown Options v6.4 **
Shutdown_Options_Link.txt (910 kb)
Info (also see Post #48)

Simple CDPlayer v1.3 ** (NEW 18-02-2009)
Simple_CDPlayer_Link.txt (216 kb) (Number of previous downloads: 282)
Info (also see Post #78)

Text Shuffle
Info (also see )

Track To Graphic
Info (also see )

Web Unzipper + Web Zipper
Info (also see )

Wipe Recent
Info (also see )

Wipe History
Info (also see )

4. GAMES

Question Master (aka Code Breaker)
Info (also see )

Tall Tales v1.5 (NEW) **
Tall_Tales_Link.txt (230 kb)
Info (see Post #49 & #57 #58 #70)

The Fantasy Realm (work in progress)
Info

Edited by TheSaint

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

Some good stuff in there. I just can't see the point of a GUImaker when we have KODA though, or I would have released AIS 2 a long time ago. >_>

[center][/center]Working on the next big thing.Currently Playing: Halo 4, League of LegendsXBL GT: iRememberYhslaw

Sorry people, I thought I had some spare time to do this at the the time - but life caught up with me, then I had to go away for the weekend (my youngest son was involved in a 24 Hour Pedal Prix Race at Murray Bridge - his primary school won for the 8th year in a row ... not bad considering how many schools from all over the country were in it ... my oldest boy was instrumental in some of the earlier wins, and my daughter was involved for a year or two ... great team sport, very much like going to a Grand Prix, but much quieter ... pit lanes, fast rider changes, radio communication, lap sensors ... amazing to watch them race at night ... bloody cold in the wee hours though ... should be an Olympic Sport ... 3 wheeled recumbent bikes ... for those that don't know). >_<

I'm still pressed for time though, so this is only a quick visit, but I will be back real soon! o:)

@BillLuvsU - If you follows some of the links, etc you'll probably find where I've discussed this before. But essentially, I still prefer the simplicity and speed of GUIBuilder most of the time. Like Jon said in one of those posts, if someone were to take the time to update it for Vista, he would put it back in the regular AutoIt version releases (as an example). As I said above, I'm still using an earlier version of AutoIt most of the time (and I don't have Vista), so GUIBuilder still works for me ... my updated/modified version anyway. :P

@Alienware & @lordicast - Like BillLuvsU said "Patience Is A Virtue". However, all the activated Info links still go to pages where download links are still active for those programs - the rest I'm still working on, and many will be available on this Index page & new system ... soon - including those old ones. :)

:idiot:

Spoiler

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

• 2 weeks later...

Admin File Management, Admin Rights & Shortcuts For All programs are now available using the new link text system. These files include my setup (installer) program and my uninstaller - all created in AutoIt. Source code for these three programs can be got by de-compiling them. If you want information about these programs, use the Info links to go to their original posts - where the old download links have been replaced with a link to (this) my Toolbox page. >_<

I've also activated the Info link for my Toolbar For Any program, where you can read a bit about the program and see several screenshots. I will be uploading the program soon.

Stay Tuned ... more to come!

:)

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

Msgbox Viewer v1.5 & Projects Backup v6.9 programs are also now available using the new link text system. Same basic info as Post #7. :)

Also note, that some of these programs are newer versions not previously provided to the Forum - some significantly newer ... by several versions.

>_<

Spoiler

userbar.png

Dialog Maker v1.8 program is the first of my newer (previously unavailable to the Forum) programs now available using the new link text system. At the moment, there is no additional information about the program - other than what is provided on the installer and within the program. Basically, you can make & test dialogs for your AutoIt scripts. The program can be configured to be run from within SciTE, and is aware of TABS and can insert at the cursor point. >_<

:)

P.S. For now, please post any remarks or questions about this program in this topic ... until I have time to create a separate post about it.

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

Sorry people, I thought I had some spare time to do this at the the time - but life caught up with me, then I had to go away for the weekend (my youngest son was involved in a 24 Hour Pedal Prix Race at Murray Bridge - his primary school won for the 8th year in a row ... not bad considering how many schools from all over the country were in it ... my oldest boy was instrumental in some of the earlier wins, and my daughter was involved for a year or two ... great team sport, very much like going to a Grand Prix, but much quieter ... pit lanes, fast rider changes, radio communication, lap sensors ... amazing to watch them race at night ... bloody cold in the wee hours though ... should be an Olympic Sport ... 3 wheeled recumbent bikes ... for those that don't know). >_<

I'm still pressed for time though, so this is only a quick visit, but I will be back real soon! o:)

@BillLuvsU - If you follows some of the links, etc you'll probably find where I've discussed this before. But essentially, I still prefer the simplicity and speed of GUIBuilder most of the time. Like Jon said in one of those posts, if someone were to take the time to update it for Vista, he would put it back in the regular AutoIt version releases (as an example). As I said above, I'm still using an earlier version of AutoIt most of the time (and I don't have Vista), so GUIBuilder still works for me ... my updated/modified version anyway. :P

@Alienware & @lordicast - Like BillLuvsU said "Patience Is A Virtue". However, all the activated Info links still go to pages where download links are still active for those programs - the rest I'm still working on, and many will be available on this Index page & new system ... soon - including those old ones. :)

:idiot:

There still is no download link up there in that realllyyy long post.

Context Options v2.7, Icon Browser v1.2 & New Folders v3.1 programs are also now available using the new link text system. Same basic info as Post #8.

Both Context Options and New Folders have been significantly improved and have many more features than the versions previously available to this Forum.

One of the later features added to Context Options, is the ability to delete all files of one or more extension types, by using right-click on a folder, selecting that option, then typing which extension/s to wipe (clean up). :idea:

New Folders is the fastest way to create a new folder, multiple folders &/or sub-folders. Many other options abound, with features like creating the same folder name/s in various locations, but just typing it out once. The latest feature (added yesterday) is a double pipe (||), which saves on typing when creating more than one sub-folder within the same main folder. :P

Use the Info links to discover more information about these programs ... some of it is very important!

:(

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

Open Projects v1.5 program is the second of my newer (previously unavailable to the Forum) programs now available using the new link text system. At the moment, there is no additional information about the program - other than what is provided on the installer and within the program. Basically, you use it as a frontend for TrueCrypt drives where you can store and work on your AutoIt scripts. The program can be configured to open 2 password protected drives, previously created with TrueCrypt - a Project drive and a Backup Project drive (you only need to supply the password once). I use this setup all the time, and it works great with my Projects Backup program (see above). A great option to keep your programming secure. :(

:P

P.S. For now, please post any remarks or questions about this program in this topic ... until I have time to create a separate post about it.

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

ToolBar For Any v2.2 program is finally available as promised on a few occasions, and is the third of my newer (previously unavailable to the Forum) programs now available above, using the new link text system. :(

More information and some screenshots of the program, can now be found on its own Topic page via the Info link above (under the download link). :idea:

P.S. I guess I could have called this program 'Toolbar For SciTE', but it's possibilities are more than that ... even though that is all I've ever used it for. Don't make the mistake of thinking this is just any old toolbar program ... as it is highly optimised for SciTE and extremely useful for AutoIt scripters ... DON'T IGNORE IT!

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

Declare All Variables v1.2 program is my latest program and the fourth of my newer (previously unavailable to the Forum) programs now available using the new link text system. At the moment, there is no additional information about the program - other than what is provided on the installer and within the program. Basically, you use it to scan your script, and it creates a list of variables at the end of your file, which can be edited and relocated to somewhere near the start, etc. The program can also now make a list of functions, which can be used as a jump to index in SciTE. :(

The program looks at 3 types of variables -

1) System Variables - $GUI_SHOW, $BS_ICON and that ilk.

2) Control Variables - $Button_1, $List_1 and that style.

3) General Variables - Those not covered by the other two - $val, $ans, etc.

The program ignores all System Variables, as well as $msg and $Commandline, and places all Control Variables before the General ones in the resulting list. :P

System Variables can be updated from within the program, hence the script (source) file included in the installer for recompiling (supplied exe is compiled by v3.2.4.9). This is necessary as newer or older versions of AutoIt may have System Variables not recognised yet by this program. :)

Control Variables to be recognised as such (and not as General), need to be name, underslash and then whatever you like (i.e. $Checkbox_avi or $Label_1 etc). If you don't like the use of an underslash, then you will have to modify the supplied script ... but I don't recommend you change that, unless you are sure you'll never use a variable like $Checkboxes, etc (Maybe use a dash). :idea:

I haven't attempted it yet, but because SciTe updates open files in real-time, you should be able to assign this program to a menu item (or my Toolbar), and pass the current script path to it via a SciTE variable ... so you can run the program anytime while working on your script, without having to use right-click. :P

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

AutoIt Version Switcher v1.3 program has just been updated and is the fifth of my newer (previously unavailable to the Forum) programs now available using the new link text system. At the moment, there is no additional information about the program - other than what is provided on the installer and within the program. Basically, you use it to switch between different versions of AutoIt (SciTE, etc), and it is nothing much more than a nifty glorified folder renamer. :idea:

NOTE THAT IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO ENSURE NO FILES ARE BEING ACCESSED IN VERSION FOLDERS DURING SWITCHING! :(

Even though v1.3 does have a restore option, it is not foolproof and you may need to manually fix things if you don't follow the above instruction. You do get some warnings and prompts (checks if SciTE is running). :P

It is also important to manually install each version before using this program - that includes SciTE and the wrapper, etc. Basically I would temporarily rename the existing AutoIt folder, while installing another version and setting up extras. :)

My program follows and requires the following naming conventions -

1) AutoIt3 - current version folder name

2) AutoIt 3.2.0.1 & AutoIt 3.2.12.0 etc - other version folder names.

This version can be decompiled! :P

This program works well with my Update Scite Values program, which hopefully I'll be supplying shortly.

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

Discovered and fixed an error in my AutoIt Version Switcher v1.3 program, involving the Restore routine - apologies to those few who downloaded it already ... I remembered I'd forgotten to check something. The fix involves a check & removal plus some added features to improve things (feedback, etc). :P

SOME EXTRA INFO ABOUT RESTORE

The 'Restore' routine (hopefully you never have to use it) only works for the current version folder - the first half of the switch. I have not developed it any further, as I consider it fairly unlikely that you would be accessing a file in the switching to (dormant) version of AutoIt. :(

:idea:

Spoiler

userbar.png

Installer Creator v2.2 program is the sixth of my newer (previously unavailable to the Forum) programs now available above, using the new link text system. :(

More information and some screenshots of the program, can now be found on its own Topic page via the Info link above (under the download link). :idea:

Spoiler

userbar.png

Declare All Variables v1.2 program has been fixed, I discovered a couple of tiny errors related to some system variables, that prevented them being recognised (count values from left for $GUI_ and a couple of others had been missed by me when I did a last minute update just before uploading ... just shows the value of always checking ... even when it's something simple like re-arranging variables alphabetically ... that's what can happen when you use cut & paste to save time). :(

If you don't want to re-download the program again, just update the incorrect StringLeft values in the 'GetOtherVariables()' function yourself and then run the Updater.exe. :idea:

Spoiler

userbar.png