TheSaint's Toolbox

TheSaint

@TheSaint

Possibly you are asking for a zipped version of my installer (exe) downloads?

No, Im asking for a zip file where you can find all files without installer

I'm really struggling with the '50 files that suck' section. Not much idea of what you are saying there.

Im saying here that your install could be useful if you have more than 50files to install whereas you have low than 50 its not usefull if I just want to test it and extract it to desktop with zipped sources...

Hope youve understand :)

Cheers, FireFox.

@TheSaint

No, Im asking for a zip file where you can find all files without installer

Isn't that what I said ... a zipped version? :)

The new zipped version of my files is not a zipped verison of the installer, it's a zipped version of the program & required files, which also has an ini file for install instructions if you choose to use my Universal Installer program. At the moment (as I said previously), only my latest uploads are in that zipped format (denoted by the double pink asterisks **) ... or most of them. The rest of my uploads (the older ones), will eventually be in the new zipped format before too long (when I get the time, etc). However, some of my programs may need to be supplied in a full installer version only, so they will only come in that flavour. :o

Im saying here that your install could be useful if you have more than 50files to install whereas you have low than 50 its not usefull if I just want to test it and extract it to desktop with zipped sources...

I don't know that I'd consider the number of files being a requisite for whether an installer is useful or not. I see an installer as something that makes life easier and therefore in my opinion better - 1) It creates all the usual shortcuts one would expect (desktop, start menu, etc). 2) It creates registry uninstall entries for selective or full uninstall. 3) Much quicker to select the install location of the program for you. 4) Some programs when first run, create other required registry entries, so it is best that the program be run from it's eventual location ... not just tested anywhere you feel like ... otherwise you may have to reset or remove those entries ... or maybe you didn't realise they were created and then moved the program manually and then wonder why it doesn't work properly or at all. 5) many various other reasons, none of which have to do with how many files are being installed ... maybe if you have many files to be installed to several locations?

None of my files do anything tricky when installed, other than create a few reg entries at worst. If you deselect (undo) those reg entries, and then completely uninstall my programs using the Uninstaller, then no trace of the program is left on your PC. It is quite safe to install my programs using either Installer version, in fact I recommend it. There is no benefit to be gained by testing them on the Desktop instead. My installers install all files to the one selected location only, with only shortcuts being created elsewhere (as specified on the installer), and if using the executable installer version, a folder is created in Program Files called 'Uninstaller' where the Uninstaller program and icon are copied to ... if none of my programs remain installed on your PC, you can simply delete the 'Uninstaller' folder. Nothing is ever installed to the Windows folder or sub-folders, other than a few temp files in the Temp folder during install, which are cleaned up immediately afterward. The Uninstaller serves the dual purpose of cleaning up after an Install, as well as later for the possible Uninstall.

Edited by TheSaint

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

personally, i do not download text files (unless they do not contain autoit scripts) nor exes without source (how shall i be able to correct errors then ?)

j.

Spoiler

I actively support Wikileaks | Freedom for Julian Assange ! | Defend freedom of speech ! | Fight censorship ! | I will not silence.OixB7.jpgDon't forget this IP: 213.251.145.96

@jennico & @FireFox :)

I bet neither of you read my first post properly (or at all). If you had, you'd realise that one of my intentions for creating this post (among many others), was to save on topic posts and therefore presumably forum space. Think about it, if I had created a separate topic for each of my programs I supply here, more would have been used. Some of my programs do warrant a separate topic post as well, but a lot don't ... if for instance, I added all my screenshots to this topic, those pages would take much longer to load (not to mention the extra pages to wade through and the possibility of screenshots and information being overlooked) ... and while many who visit the forum use broadband and thus don't need to care, many like me are still on dialup. :D

I'm upfront and open about all I do here ... something you don't know, then just ask. There is no call to be labelling what I've done here as spam. All the programs I supply here, are made with AutoIt ... many help in creating your own AutoIt programs. At the moment I don't supply much source code, though several can be decompiled to get that. I'm still waiting for feedback about my programs, and when I get that (or enough time goes by and downloads continue to occur) I will provide my source code ... until then, enjoy my little gifts (as I'm sure many do). ;)

Not only can you decompile several of my programs, and use my programs to assist in creating others, but my programs on the whole, are good examples of things you can create with AutoIt (many still to come). That on it's own, takes it a long way away from being anything like spam. :D

Thanks for keeping this topic alive and enjoying it so much. :(:o

:D

P.S. Oh yeah ... and MERRY CHRISTMAS to you too!

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

@TheSaint

Thanks...

I think that you dont want to have wrong and you explain why its like this; thats why i will just reply about your scripts for feedback :) (see you soon)

Cheers, FireFox.

Thanks FireFox, I look forward to it! :o

P.S. A chat post to play a game of Tall Tales has now been started here.

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

• 4 weeks later...
Admin File Management v1.1 & Admin Rights v4.3 have been repackaged to the Universal Installer format, which is much smaller and also now includes source for each program (which could have been got by decompiling with an early enough version of AutoIt, but that appears to be difficult for some). Be advised though, that the source will need to be modified to run with current versions of AutoIt. Also please realise, that these were mean't to assist me only, and so I did not spend much time making them perfect coding examples, with comments, etc ... no did I give a damn about how pretty they looked ... especially back then. I may improve these one day (especially Admin File Management v1.1), but anyone else is welcome to do so ... seems to be many of this type of program available on the Forum now anyway ... be nice if someone put all the best (various) features of all of them into one program ... though this may have even been done already, and I just haven't noticed yet.

Spoiler

userbar.png

Another first release - Abbreviation Database v2.8. This program can store 3 basic types of abbreviations - Music Title, Game Title, General Text. I use it primarily for helping create an 8.3 DOS name out of an Artist\Album path for the Mp3's within, which I then process through Tagscanner (3rd party freeware) to set ID3 tag values and rename the Mp3's. The program also has the ability to rename Mp3's and their entries in an .m3u playlist (or 3).

See first post for download.

Screenshots

Main Window

Posted Image

Options

Posted Image

Track Renamer

Posted Image

Enjoy!

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

Here are two programs that work well together, though you possibly only need them if you are still using AVG 7.5 (and possibly only the FREE version at that). When I say need, I don't mean that they are required, or that my programs are supported by or affiliated with the creators of AVG in any way ... they aren't.

They may work with the new version 8, but that is untested ... please give feedback for myself and others if you try it with 8.

Typically, I use AVGBackup New v1.3, to backup my AVG updates to another physical harddrive and to a USB Drive as well.

AVGBackup Updater v1.4 is used on either another PC (so I don't have to download the same files again ... especially handy if it doesn't connect to the net), or when I need to do a complete re-install (automation makes this a breeze). The AVG command-lines that are used, may not work with other versions. I recommend doing a complete backup of your update and related folders, before trying this program with another version, etc. This program is my first attempt at a wizard based setup (simple but effective I think).

Please bear in mind, that I initially wrote these programs years ago (especially AVGBackup New) and at the time had no intention of sharing with anyone outside of family and friends ... where I could generally oversee their install and setup. They should be easy to setup, but I cannot guarantee that they are (haven't done one in a while) ... read all the information dialogs, and ask me here if you have any problem. If I were creating these programs now, I would hopefully make them a lot smarter ... they were thrown together rather quickly ... to suit a need at the time ... they've worked well enough since then, that I preferred to spend my time on other projects, rather than improve the mostly finer points.

For AVG's sake (company), I should state, that all your installations of AVG should be registered with them according to their rules of compliance.

Enjoy!

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

• 2 weeks later...

Both Autoit Version Switcher & GuiBuilder have been updated to support latest versions of AutoIt (i.e. v3.2.12.0 -->).

Autoit Version Switcher v1.5 now checks the Script icon of the switched to version, to support the filename change in v3.3.0.0 (etc). Also now supported, is the 'AutoIt3Wrapper GUI' addition change. Both new options change the related registry entries if needed.

Posted Image

GuiBuilder v0.8 only supports the latest versions of AutoIt, inline with the change to #Include constant declarations. If you need an older version for an older version of AutoIt, it is still available here. This program was initially called AutoBuilder, and was first created by CyberSlug (pre 11 Jan 2004). It was updated by Roy on the 20 Jun 2005, and then by me TheSaint on the 5 July 2005, 17th December 2006 and now the 8th February 2009. See the accompanying text files for other details. If you are wondering why I have bothered with updating or even still using this program, then read why at previous posts and here

Posted Image

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

NEWS

I'm currently working on a version of Installer Creator, that will work with the latest versions of AutoIt (>= v3.2.12.0). It is virtually complete, but I'm still deliberating over the Icon ID change impact ... because I've made the program backwards compatible.

I also need to update Icon Browser inline with the same Icon ID change, but likewise want to retain backwards compatibility.

For Installer Creator it is only a little issue because of relatively few icons for the created Installer. For Icon Browser a lot more icons need to be catered for. I guess a suitable variable 'If' statement will probably suffice for both programs.

Spoiler

userbar.png

Ok, Installer Creator has been updated to v2.6, and is hopefully now compatible for AutoIt v3.2.0.1 --> v3.3.0.0. :)

See first post for this topic for the download instructions link.

Spoiler

userbar.png

CDIni Database has been updated to v3.2. This involves some new features and a bugfix - see here for details.

Spoiler

userbar.png

CDIni Database has been updated to v3.3. This involves improvement to Audio CD drive selection, which is related to Simple CDPlayer which has been updated to v1.3.

I finally found my old VB6 code and was able to determine why I couldn't get the alias command working in my AutoIt code - all seems related to position, case and a space. Details to follow shortly, when I give Simple CDPlayer it's own topic post.

Source for Simple CDPlayer v1.3 is included in the download package.

Check out the Info links (below the download links) for details about both programs.

One day, like I suggested many years ago, I may combine these two programs ... probably converting from the .ini file format in the process (though still able to read the Cdplayer.ini file if it exists). As was also suggested, I will probably add a CD Cover print element - similar to the comprehensive Macro version I developed in Word many many years ago.

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

Due to some relevant criticism, I have amended the first post somewhat, so that the download section can be found more easily. It seems that some (maybe many), have been mistaking entries in my News index section as quick links to the downloads. I apologise to all who have been misled by this. If I'd had the foresight, I would have placed all my download links on the 2nd Post. :)

When I first created this post, I used the Toggle HTML button to gain access to the source and make elaborate tables (Index, etc) that would be serviced by links. Unfortunately, the tables didn't work after posting - so I guess that feature doesn't work. ^_^

I'm currently pondering the sense of moving the download links to a later post anyway (maybe my second or a completely new one), and linking to it. :)

Spoiler

userbar.png

Open Projects has had a rather minor update to v1.8. You probably don't need to download this version, unless you are having issues with the 'Backup' drive not opening in time - all this version does, is a last ditch attempt to force the folder window open using Explorer, plus closes itself more cleanly if that fails ... for an easier and quicker retry.

SetAs Wallpaper v4.1 is an old program of mine, that I'm providing to the Forum for the first time. I've made some slight updates to hopefully make it more acceptable, and I still use it all the time. However, it is an older program that predates later commands posted at the Forum (dll? - that no longer require a third party program), and so requires the free program IrfanView to apply the wallpaper changes. If you use IrfanView or are prepared to install it, then SetAs Wallpaper may just be the wallpaper program you've always wanted. At some point in the future, I intend to fully recode this program, so that it no longer relies on IrfanView, and has other improvements.

SetAs Wallpaper can automatically change desktop wallpaper as desired - including based on a date (i.e. birthday). Changes can be daily, weekly, monthly or on every login. Wallpaper files can be selected from various locations and the paths stored within the program. Wallpaper selections can occur as a progression through a list or randomly. The 'Date Change' option, allows you to set an extra wallpaper change - typically you assign a photo of someone or something to a date (i.e. their birthday or an event), so that if you login that day you get a reminder of that.

Screenshots

Posted Image

Posted Image

Enjoy!

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png