This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more here. X
X

Photo

Ealric's Final Version

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#1 Ealric

Ealric

Universalist

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 03 February 2004 - 08:12 PM

Code Removed - Check final script thread on PAGE 4 of this thread.  That post has all of the instructions and the newest and latest code.  If the date is past February 5, 2004 then the final script will also be removed.  Until then, I will keep the scripts in that thread going.

Edited by Ealric, 04 February 2004 - 03:52 PM.

#2 Ealric

Ealric

Universalist

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 03 February 2004 - 08:32 PM

I'll have one test script up with pausing enabled soon. You will not have to change your backgrounds or windows or anything like that though.

Keep a lookout.

#3 LifestoneExpress

LifestoneExpress

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 February 2004 - 08:57 PM

Tested the script out and having a few issues, not sure whats causing them.

Have the right resolution set, mouse hardware on etc.

Script starts fine, casts, and reels in first fish np.
Then it goes to and auto sorts, again, no problems at all.

Then is proceeds to fish again, but if you get a "You didn't catch anything" message, the mouse curser moves back to the auto sort, with no window open and tries to click.

After this, the next "You have something on the line" message, doesnt get recognized and will not pull in the fish.

Not sure if i have anything set wrong, i dont think so since it runs fine on start up.

#4 Ealric

Ealric

Universalist

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 03 February 2004 - 09:57 PM

Code Removed - Check final script thread on PAGE 4 of this thread.  That post has all of the instructions and the newest and latest code.  If the date is past February 5, 2004 then the final script will also be removed.  Until then, I will keep the scripts in that thread going.

Edited by Ealric, 04 February 2004 - 03:52 PM.

#5 ffxionline

ffxionline

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 February 2004 - 10:33 PM

Great script I cant wait to test it. I didn't see any code for auto drop of rust item. Does the script have this feature like Iron's?

#6 Guest_Rafael_*

Guest_Rafael_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2004 - 10:37 PM

I tries to use this, but it dosnt work!I run the script wiht AutoIT v3.91, and its in my taskbar, then i start FFXI.
Once ingame i start fishing, but the bot dosnt do annything.

I havent been able to use anny of the fish bots...
AutoIT examples work fine...

I use Windows XP, 1280*1024, hardware mous on.

Please help :whistle:

#7 Ealric

Ealric

Universalist

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 03 February 2004 - 10:39 PM

One sidenote on the script.

If you keep chat on or are in a very chatty linkshell, their messages could push the event line up too fast for the script to see.

In this case, I did leave the failsafe in so it will toggle it eventually. Just be patient. Otherwise, to get around this you can take your linkshell out while you fish, tell everyone to shut up or else, or force the script to pause by fishing in a non-fishable area.

Then you can just type /fish again. :whistle:

--

I don't know what to tell you Raf. It's been working perfectly on two machines right now (xp-pro) and (win98) for 90+ minutes now. I have no problems with either machine.

Edited by Ealric, 03 February 2004 - 10:43 PM.

#8 ffxionline

ffxionline

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 February 2004 - 10:43 PM

Great script I cant wait to test it.  I didn't see any code for auto drop of rust item.  Does the script have this feature like Iron's?

earl?

#9 Guest_cgicw_*

Guest_cgicw_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2004 - 10:57 PM

Ealric, the problem Raf is having is the Send("!1") or Send("!i") doesn't work - basically the ! or ALT isn't happening. I'm not quite sure what could cause this, but I'm having same problem and looking into it. I have tested both compact and normal keyboard setting in FFXI...now I'm looking elsewhere.

#10 Ealric

Ealric

Universalist

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 03 February 2004 - 11:02 PM

That usually occurs if you don't have the right version of autoit installed.

I would check that you are using the beta version of autoit 3.91.

Make sure you downloaded the beta .exe version and had the program install itself. If you just downloaded the source code and are running 3.91 out of a folder, it will not work.

--

Also, no feature for rusty item drops. I didn't feel it was completely necessary to put that in.

The only things I'm going to be putting in next now are:

GM control
GM AI interface
Complete text log.

I'm doing this later on. Tonight, I'm taking a break and.. fishing!

Edited by Ealric, 03 February 2004 - 11:05 PM.

#11 ravenfyre

ravenfyre

Wayfarer

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 03 February 2004 - 11:30 PM

Hey Ealric, I'm trying to convert this to 1024x768 but there is a pixelgetcolor set that I don't know for what text it's looking for. Can you just tell me what it is and I shouldn't have any problems getting it done myself.

If PixelGetColor(25,996) = 10651647 AND PixelGetColor(143,997) = 10979839 AND PixelGetColor(178,997) = 10783487 Then checkpause() EndIf

Thanks.

Edited by ravenfyre, 03 February 2004 - 11:34 PM.

#12 Ealric

Ealric

Universalist

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 03 February 2004 - 11:45 PM

Edited by Ealric, 04 February 2004 - 03:53 PM.

#13 Ealric

Ealric

Universalist

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 03 February 2004 - 11:53 PM

Heh one last change sorry guys.

I changed the $start to $unpause. I had forgotten to change the variable name. Use the code above and it should work now.

It is also reflected in the autosort()

and the pause pixel event.

Many thanks.

#14 Guest_Rafael_*

Guest_Rafael_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2004 - 12:30 AM

I just remover AutoIT, deleted the folder, cleander registry and reinstalled the latests beta.
No change...

#15 Guest_cgicw_*

Guest_cgicw_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2004 - 01:38 AM

Found an issue...though it's not a bug, it's another thing that should be included int he "INSTRUCTIONS" above

Your "Do...Until" is exiting prematurely...if say I cast and any of the "don't catch" scenarios occur event is set to 1 as it should; however, on the next run through the while loop, when it gets to Do...Until the first line in your log is still the last thing that happened, your failed catch, so event is set to 1 again before something even bites the hook.

Now, the reason I can think of this offhand, is that you have your log set to only display as text appears and then it eventually vanishes (the default text box mode). So, any of you who are having problems where you are getting bites but the Send(ENTER) isn't happening, try restoring your chat box to its default mode (no lines always visible and dynamically adjusts - I don't remember what the settings are called)

Raf: I had version 3.090 and uninstalled and isntalled 3.091 and it works for me now.

#16 Ealric

Ealric

Universalist

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 01:42 AM

Yes I have my chat box normal and lines always showing. It does not have reactive window use and is sitting at 8 full lines. Thanks for catching that.

#17 falcon

falcon

Seeker

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 02:43 AM

Ealric --

Firstly, thanks for all the work. :) I'm currently using this latest version, but the problem I mentioned earlier seems to persist. Catching multiple fish on a single cast seems to throw the script a curve ball, preventing it from sorting as normal and makign it rely on the failsafe to recast.

I'm using the same settings as you are, to my knowledge: Default window background, non-reactive window (always up), 8 lines. Even when I filter out _all_ other chat, this occurs. Also using the latest beta version, and running XP.

Sorry to be a bother! Any ideas?

#18 fishinforgil

fishinforgil

Seeker

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 03:27 AM

Ealric,

Best script I have used to date!!!

One minor issue:

Occationally the autosort function runs when it shouldn't.

Also I am having the same prob as LifestoneExpress

Tested the script out and having a few issues, not sure whats causing them.

Have the right resolution set, mouse hardware on etc.

Script starts fine, casts, and reels in first fish np.
Then it goes to and auto sorts, again, no problems at all.

Then is proceeds to fish again, but if you get a "You didn't catch anything" message, the mouse curser moves back to the auto sort, with no window open and tries to click.

After this, the next "You have something on the line" message, doesnt get recognized and will not pull in the fish.

Not sure if i have anything set wrong, i dont think so since it runs fine on start up.

Other than that it seems to be great!

#19 Ealric

Ealric

Universalist

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 03:29 AM

On your multiple fish obtained message, how does it appear..

Does it say:

Obtained: 3 Fish etc.

If it doesn't have the first word Obtained: in then it's not going to work. If this is different than the others, let me know and I'll find a screenshot of the pixel event.

When you obtain anything it should autosort right after and continue on. It seems to me like this event may differ from the normal ones. Let me know if Obtained: is coded in white color on your machine.

#20 Ealric

Ealric

Universalist

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 03:40 AM

$failsafe is becoming a thorn in my side.

It's designed to continue the script in case one of the message pixel events doesn't go off or is pushed up too fast. Because it's persistent the count is reached occassionally during an event and it creates a slight echo. This is more than likely what is occuring.

I would suggest doing the following:

Set $failsafe to 3000 for now since it's basically just an event that occurs when no messages are received and the number is reached. By setting it to 3000, you will bypass it interfering with the events themselves, hopefully.

I'm also working on a bypass for $failsafe so that it doesn't interfere with pause. I think I found a way but having trouble with the pixel coords working right. I'm going to try a couple of things and then post a revised version of this script tonight or tomorrow.

Hopefully by tomorrow we'll have a great script working here on this resolution size.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users