This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more here. X
X

Photo

Ealric's Final Version

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#81 irix

irix

Seeker

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 10:52 PM

Event logging turned out very well, helps all of us who want to expand this code further after you take it off. Thank you for that very useful feature ^^

#82 Arrowb

Arrowb

Seeker

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 10:53 PM

hmm odd but it takes an odd amount of time for it to recast the rod.. ok if i were to switch the /wait 14 to lets say /wait 8 would that change anything? oh btw here is my log
Plain Text         
(Checkpause)-You didn't catch anything - 16:43:20  Leaving Checkpause state at - 16:43:21  Beginning to Fish at - 16:43:33  (Normal)-You didn't catch anything - 16:43:39  Beginning to Fish at - 16:43:53  (Normal)-You didn't catch anything - 16:43:59  Beginning to Fish at - 16:44:14  (Normal)-You lost your catch - 16:44:25  Beginning to Fish at - 16:44:39  (Normal)-You lost your catch - 16:44:45  Beginning to Fish at - 16:44:59  (Normal)-You lost your catch - 16:45:05  Beginning to Fish at - 16:45:19  (Normal)-You didn't catch anything - 16:45:25  Beginning to Fish at - 16:45:39  (Normal)-You didn't catch anything - 16:45:45  Beginning to Fish at - 16:46:00  (Normal)-You didn't catch anything - 16:46:05  Beginning to Fish at - 16:46:20  (Normal)-You didn't catch anything - 16:46:25  Beginning to Fish at - 16:46:40  (Normal)-You didn't catch anything - 16:46:45  Beginning to Fish at - 16:47:00  (Normal)-You didn't catch anything - 16:47:06  Beginning to Fish at - 16:47:20  (Normal)-You didn't catch anything - 16:47:26  Beginning to Fish at - 16:47:40  (Normal)-You didn't catch anything - 16:47:46  Beginning to Fish at - 16:48:00  (Normal)-You didn't catch anything - 16:48:06  Beginning to Fish at - 16:48:20  (Normal)-You didn't catch anything - 16:48:26  Beginning to Fish at - 16:48:40  (Normal)-You didn't catch anything - 16:48:46  Beginning to Fish at - 16:49:00  (Normal)-You didn't catch anything - 16:49:06  Beginning to Fish at - 16:49:20  (Normal)-You didn't catch anything - 16:49:26  Beginning to Fish at - 16:49:40  (Normal)-You didn't catch anything - 16:49:46  Beginning to Fish at - 16:50:01  (Normal)-You didn't catch anything - 16:50:06  Beginning to Fish at - 16:50:21  (Normal)-You didn't catch anything - 16:50:26

oh and btw if you need a tester for anything on ffxi just say the word and ill test if for ya :whistle:

Edited by Arrowb, 04 February 2004 - 10:54 PM.

#83 Ealric

Ealric

Universalist

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 11:04 PM

Since I'm taking my script down tomorrow, who wants to join the test team. As a member of the test team, you get to help me test my scripts and we can improve on them together.

I'll send finalized copies of the scripts to each of the testers, as well as updates as long as you are providing feedback to me.

The only thing I ask is that you don't give the script out to friends and/or other websites.

I'm only going to take up to 10 testers.

Please let me know if yer interested by sending me a PM. If my box is full, I'll clear it as I get the names handy.

#84 Ealric

Ealric

Universalist

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 11:08 PM

I looked over your log and it looks fine actually. The timing is about right. The only way you would want to change the /wait 14 is dependant on how high your fishing skill is and what rank you are in the fishing guild.

You can deduct 1 second per rank.

So if you are Rank 3 (8/18/28) and skill level 37 (one more and you would take the next exam) you can deduct 3 seconds. So in this example you would put /wait 11 instead of /wait 14.

#85 Arrowb

Arrowb

Seeker

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 11:12 PM

hmm the /wait 8 seems to be working fine for me and im sending ya a pm :whistle: i wanna test scripts lol

#86 ravenfyre

ravenfyre

Wayfarer

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 11:16 PM

Ok a little problem with your script. I'm not sure what is causing it.

If I catch a fish at fist, all is fine and it continues normally. BUT the moment I don't catch anything or I loose my catch, my say chat box continually pops-up (most likely because the If command see's the pixels over and over again) but I don't see anything that would open the chat box. After manually resuming to fish, if I get a bite the script no longer reels the fish in. Obviously the previous problem messes something up. Here is my latest log, notice that no log message was inputted when I had to manually reel in the fish at the end.

(Checkpause)-You didn't catch anything - 15:03:38
Leaving Checkpause state at - 15:03:39
Beginning to Fish at - 15:03:51
(Normal)-You didn't catch anything - 15:03:57
Beginning to Fish at - 15:04:11
(Normal)-You didn't catch anything - 15:04:17
Beginning to Fish at - 15:04:31
Failsafe was reached at - 15:05:48
Beginning to Fish at - 15:06:02
Failsafe was reached at - 15:07:18
Beginning to Fish at - 15:07:32

Edited by ravenfyre, 04 February 2004 - 11:23 PM.

#87 Ealric

Ealric

Universalist

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 11:21 PM

Ok a little problem with your script.  I'm not sure what is causing it.

If I catch a fish, all is fine and it continues normally.  BUT if I don't catch anything or I loose my catch, my say chat box continually pops-up (most likely because the If command see's the pixels over and over again).  After manually resuming to fish, if I get a bit the script no longer reels the fish in.  Obviously the previous problem messes something up.  Here is my latest log, notice that no log message was inputted when I had to manually reel in the fish at the end.

(Checkpause)-You didn't catch anything - 15:03:38
Leaving Checkpause state at - 15:03:39
Beginning to Fish at - 15:03:51
(Normal)-You didn't catch anything - 15:03:57
Beginning to Fish at - 15:04:11
(Normal)-You didn't catch anything - 15:04:17
Beginning to Fish at - 15:04:31
Failsafe was reached at - 15:05:48
Beginning to Fish at - 15:06:02
Failsafe was reached at - 15:07:18
Beginning to Fish at - 15:07:32

I had the same problem a long time ago with my same script and the problem was twofold:

The first was that I was not using the right autoit version. I had downloaded the entire source code + application and so it never installed itself correctly on my system.

The second was that for some reason with one of my computers, the CTRL key wasn't being recognized and the chat line would open for no reason. Once I swapped the command interface to use ALT it worked fine.

I think if the problem is with the enter key you may want to swap out and use mouse click instead of enter.

Other than that, I'm not sure I know what's going on yet. You can monitor the points some more and see where it's hosing up. Just keep looking for discrepancies.

#88 Ealric

Ealric

Universalist

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 11:39 PM

If you sent me a PM and I responded to you and then you resonded back with your email, you are on the tester list. So far there are 3 testers with a 4th pending. Only room for 6/7 more.

#89 ravenfyre

ravenfyre

Wayfarer

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 11:48 PM

Thanks Ealric, that did the trick. Changed my macros to ALT and no more pop up say box :whistle:. I'm thinking {CTRLDOWN} {CTRLUP} will probably fix this aswell.

As for not reeling fish, it's a little odd. During my ctrl->alt change test, I caught a fish, next bite it didn't reel in and then I caught a fish normally. It's a little odd that enter doesn't work as I have been using it to reel in fish using my scrips ever since I made one for autoit v2 B). I'll try leftclick but I'm thinking setkeydelay to higher may do the trick. I'll try that later when I can.

#90 Ealric

Ealric

Universalist

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 05 February 2004 - 12:20 AM

Yeah don't use any control macros as they will not work, if rarely. The delay is longer with control macros.

Also use the alt + letter combos for all the game features.

#91 asd

asd

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 February 2004 - 12:38 AM

Yeah don't use any control macros as they will not work, if rarely.  The delay is longer with control macros.

Also use the alt + letter combos for all the game features.

Ealric, that is interesting - not just for scripting, but for normal gameplay as well (since I play a white mage). How much of a time difference is between ctrl macros versus alt macros? I've never read anything like that, but it's great to know. :whistle:

#92 falcon

falcon

Seeker

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 February 2004 - 02:36 AM

ugh. I really wish I knew what could be causing all these issues. Just did a clean reinstall of autoit.

Anyway, current script has the same issues for me as usual, failure to hit enter on bites beyond the first. So I did a quick replace of enter with leftclick, and now it works... sort of. It unexplainably fails to do it on occasion, but works fairly reguarly the rest of the time. It's still really random though as far as when it hits it after the bite.

My quick find/replace job also apparently screwed up autosort. Oops.

... and as I sit here and watch it, it went from 'working regularly' to 'entirely missing bites again' just like with {Enter}. argh.

One nice thing about having leftclick do it is that you can see it being hit because the mouse cursor pops up. Of course, in this case, I'm seeing it pop up well after the bite finishes, if it even bothers to appear at all.

Running windows xp pro btw.

Frustrating. :/

--edit--

Additional food for thought. Though the 1.4 version of your script was funky (sorts three times every time I catch a single fish, and some other assorted weirdness) it, thus far, has yet to fail triggering {Enter} on a bite. So it _DOES_ work... but something between point A and point B is causing issues for some of us (read: myself :( )

Edited by falcon, 05 February 2004 - 02:49 AM.

#93 Ealric

Ealric

Universalist

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 05 February 2004 - 02:52 AM

Falcon, for you and the others having trouble..

If you want to discuss things just send me an IM through my AIM at Ealricstorm

#94 falcon

falcon

Seeker

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 February 2004 - 05:05 AM

OK, sat down and spoke with Ealric for a while and we nailed down a fix for those of you having trouble with the problem where it wasn't registering a bite and it was timing out instead of trying to catch it.

Set the failsafe to 175 -- not 300, not 150, but 175. I can't claim this'll work for everyone, but for WHATEVER reason, the default 300 didn't work for me, and 150 was too fast. Turns out the one script that was working was set to 175, so I tried that, and lo and behold, success. It boggles the mind.

So yeah, mess with the failsafe. Do it in small increments. Everything's working flawlessly for me now, sans the known remaining issue (catching 2-3 fish at once).

Good luck!

--edit--

Figured I'd tweak something just to see what happened, I use /clock in my macro (used it when I fished manually, still use it now), and I removed it just to check. Lo and behold, above fix stopped fixing it when I stopped using /clock. So, keep that in mind. If you want a clean, echoless fix... that may not be the one for you.

Edited by falcon, 05 February 2004 - 05:31 AM.

#95 Ealric

Ealric

Universalist

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 05 February 2004 - 05:09 AM

For those of you who got emails from me - yer on the testers list. I have a full list of 10 people.

No more room on the list so please don't PM me unless you received an email.

I'll send an email tomorrow soemtime to those of you on the list and we'll talk more about revising the script to include other events as well as AI.

Thanks.

#96 Ealric

Ealric

Universalist

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 05 February 2004 - 05:41 AM

Code has been removed.

I'll be sending an email to all the testers on my personal list later today (thursday) - around noon or so EST.

Thank you everyone for your feedback and your patience. I hope you had fun with it while it was up and that you got your bots all working.

I'll still be around the boards and my aim is up for anyone to talk with me about things in general.

#97 LifestoneExpress

LifestoneExpress

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 February 2004 - 05:51 AM

Thanks for the great scripts Earlic, they helped alot.

#98 ravenfyre

ravenfyre

Wayfarer

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 06 February 2004 - 01:40 AM

Beta list is full? Well that's what happens when you got work and don't check the forums lol :whistle:. Guess most of my time is taken up anyway helping Ir0nfist and working on my scripts aswell.

Great work Ealric.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users