This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more here. X
X

Photo

The New Forums

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 theguy

theguy

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 03:53 PM

The new forum: New Forum

By simply viewing the forum the topics will not be shown. Users must register and be activated by me. You can do this by simply registering and let me know who you are from this forum. If you are not a member of this forum do not worry, let me know how you can contribute to the projects and you will be activated. Forum moderaters will be chosen throughout the week. The new forum will be spiderless and will not be a place to sell your script. It will closed to the public therefore making it safe to post scripts in whole. I will activate your account not too long after registering.

This topic will self-destruct in 3 days. :whistle:

Mike [theGuy]

EDI: Here's a better way to do this. All forums will be locked accept the JOINING SECTION. You must post a guest your new username and your username from this forum, or tell how you can help.

Edited by theguy, 04 February 2004 - 04:03 PM.

#2 theguy

theguy

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 04:07 PM

Sorry I had to delete the first person to sign up to make some changes. Please re-register whoever you were.

To make sign-up super fast, use the same username as the one on this forum so I can instantly recognize you. Thanks

#3 asd

asd

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 05:00 PM

I've been following these bots with some interest for the past 3 weeks, without ever having downloaded the program and/or pulled/use a script. All I have ever done was read about it (and I've read every ffxi related fishing thread) and post a bit here and there about security concerns.

But this coming from you....3 posts? You've started 2 threads on pulling scripts from the channels, and replied to this thread: so a total of 3 posts. That's pretty funny.

Here's my thought; let the real contributors like Ealric, Ironfist, Jade420, and Zeeto make the decisions on what to do about THEIR work. None of the code put on the board was by you. So please:

SHUT THE FUDGE UP!!!

Edited by Larry, 11 February 2004 - 03:38 PM.

#4 theguy

theguy

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 05:07 PM

I dont want to sound like an ass but please do not doubt my integrity to the project. The forum works.

#5 pud

pud

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 05:08 PM

You Sir, are an idiot. kindly remove yourself from these forums. That attitude towards anyone is uncalled for.

#6 asd

asd

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 05:53 PM

Why? theguy hasn't even contributed anything, and creates a thread calling for a new forum where he is the administrator? Yeah, now the forum works and he's got all the scripts that he's never contributed to, and he also controls who gets the scripts and when by controlling the membership.

Doubt your integrity? What integrity? You came on before saying that:

Call me greedy, I want all the moat carp! But hey.. I know there's other people who agree with me. Let the flaming begin.

I don't see any integrity in that. It's all based on greed. I'm just defending the "common man".

But I guess you're too much of an "idiot" to see that, right Pud? I guess that you are totally in defense of this greed and damn-near theft of others' hardwork. I suppose then that I should say congratulations to you for achieving the same level of ignorance by starting your own IRC channel. Wow, you two are really super special and above all others.

I will say this again, let the code creators decide what to do with their own work. But I lend absolutely no respect to this underhanded effort.

#7 theguy

theguy

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 06:06 PM

I will be posting my scripts along with my information on botting in the new forums where they cannot be accessed by the general public. Moderators will be chosen so I won't be the one guy bossing people around, thats not me. My goal is to establish a community, with limited restricted access from the public, where we can exchange scripts and information without endangering the game economy, or even worse our accounts. I can't ask you to join, but to those with a similar vision for the community in mind, I'm only asking that you give it a chance.

#8 asd

asd

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 06:08 PM

And you too pud. You both use the hard work of others like z33to, jade420, ealric, and ironfist, make minor changes, and all of a sudden, you feel like you have the right to post and disseminate their work in channels created by and controlled by you, like the work was yours to begin with? (All the while, harping to exclude everyone else from the content).

Like the code creators said, take down all the code. Simple as that. I don't see why you feel like you have to create and distribute THEIR work in your channels. You're as bad as leechers, maybe even worse for trying to be elitist.

Why don't you unkindly remove yourself? I think that your attitude is uncalled for.

#9 theguy

theguy

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 06:13 PM

We arnt taking the credit for any scripts. What we are doing is moving to a secure forum.

#10 theguy

theguy

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 06:15 PM

PS: If those people you listed here are moderators they will not lose that status when moving to the next forum, this isnt about having power.

#11 asd

asd

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 06:17 PM

"Can't ask me to join"? That's rather presumptuous. Why do you think I'd want to join? I've never used anything found here, and I certainly wouldn't want to take part of your misbegotten spin.

As for "your" code, I've never seen your account post any code. All of a sudden, you're an authority on scripts? pud's made modifications to z33to's code, but again, you two are really cute in the fact that you're planning on taking these codes that were developed in a very large part by others named above, and disseminating it as, wow, surprise surprise, your own in your little exclusive channels.

#12 Ambush

Ambush

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 06:22 PM

We arnt taking the credit for any scripts. What we are doing is moving to a secure forum.

Secure forum? How secure can it be? Your criteria for letting people join is FAR from secure. Here are your own words:

"If you are not a member of this forum do not worry, let me know how you can contribute to the projects and you will be activated."

THAT's SECURE??? Tell me how?

Your forum will only spread the scripts around to the general population which the coders are actively trying to prevent. So, stop being so clueless and smarten up.

#13 theguy

theguy

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 06:31 PM

The entrance to the new forums for unknown members is as follows, this is a post in the general section of the new forums:

Posted: 04 Feb 2004 05:03 pm    Post subject:     

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got the PM. Here's how I was thinking we should do the registrations for this forum:

Let's say we had someone who we do not know who they are. The way we evaluate them is they post in the general forums until we (The members) agree as a whole, using poll, to let them in or keep them out. They'll be giving 2 days to prove they can be an asset to the new community. Lemme know if you have any other ideas on how to improve screening. Scripts posted in the general section will be moved to the scripting section, then we will evaluate them in the Sign Up section.

If anyone has anymore ideas on how to screen newcomers please post. 

#14 asd

asd

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 06:32 PM

If it's not your own, then why are you disseminating it? Z33to, Jade, and Ealric have all asked that their code be taken off. Period. So why is there a need to have these channels?

It's all about the power.

And if you're not taking credit, why do you call it "my scripts"? And then, why do YOU feel like YOU can control the access to the information - especially since you now claim that it's not yours and you're not taking credit for it?

Your argument is full of holes. Get the story straight with yourself and then come back.

#15 theguy

theguy

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 06:46 PM

:whistle: B)

Edited by theguy, 06 February 2004 - 03:54 PM.

#16 pud

pud

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 06:55 PM

I dont understand why the has turned into a flame war....

#17 theguy

theguy

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 07:12 PM

The majority of people agreed from the last post that they wanted to keep the scripts private but still wanted to work on them openly (not having to hide complete scripts etc). That is what the new forum offers.

#18 asd

asd

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 07:21 PM

Because you two are doing something that seems, fishy at the very least, and unethical at best. I hope everyone reads this thread and sees through your very thin veil of false goodwill, realizing that it's a snooty and elitist attempt to exploit the work of others.

So I'm taking it that once Jade420 and z33to's pay-for script comes out, you're going to post it on your little snooty and elitist channels, and claim it as proprietory content right? I wouldn't be surprised if you did.

I've got no vested interest in your little schemes - I'm already on z33to's list for his new script, and I've never used any of the others posted on this forum. I'm just hoping to expose the underlying motivation for your attempts to control the content.

You two have gotten A LOT of assistance from these boards, and now that you have it, you want to shut out other people with your petty membership limits and limitations.

Why can't you just eliminate the scripts? Removing the listings was a great step. Why go so far as to collectivize and control the scripts? What other purpose does it serve other than giving you two sole access to good scripts?

So flame on. I'm only speaking out on behalf of the script creators - something that you, pud and theguy, are not.

#19 asd

asd

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 07:28 PM

So why don't you ask the script writers to host the forum? All you're doing is allowing admission to people that you deem fit. Since when did you two become the ruler by which worth is measured? The script writers never acted like that.

#20 pud

pud

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 07:35 PM

You obviously dont read well do you?

The irc channel is open to anyone that contributed in any way at all. E.G. you dont know anything about scripting but, you had a little more common sense and made a suggestion to do somthing diffrently.. You get in... you have to of participated in the development/testing/bug reporting. That can be A LOT of people.. I just said for starters I would only be taking the first 50 that sent me pms that have actually done somthing on these forums instead of just making as user account just troll and use without supplying input.

For the people that sat back in the wood work and just took in info they get nothing.

Note that is just the irc channel.

The priv forum is open (if I am understanding correctly) to everyone that is at this moment currently a member of this forum.

So where do you stand?

Well from searching your name all I found was a bunch of smart ass commentsand a few questions. Will you get on the irc network? No you didnt contribute anything even in the least bit. Will you get in the forum? If you so choose to register, then yes.

I dont understand what the probelm is...

I have a feeling asd this constant bombardment on myself and guy is b/c you think you are going to be left out... well guess what, you can join the forum if you wish.. it is you making a big deal out of this situation....

Edited by pud, 04 February 2004 - 07:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users